• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CHP should request multiple MRAPS for COMBAT

Jeff. State

Banned
Because they openly admit they are a "Paramilitary" organization.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ca...page-asks-are-work-paramilitary-organization/

The militarization of police in America is not a theory; the largest state police force in the country now openly recruiting as a “paramilitary organization.”

As the debate surrounding police militarization continues to grow, some police departments are actually seeking to become more like military organizations. Some of those departments are actually even going public with their militaristic aspirations.

The California Highway Patrol for example, lists as its #1 question on its employment application paperwork, “Are you willing to work in a paramilitary organization, operating under a structured chain of-command?”

On their website, they have an entire section dedicated to recruiting former soldiers and people with “paramilitary” experience.

On their military recruiting page they once again refer to their organization as “paramilitary”:

“The CHP offers military personnel a unique working environment which utilizes the skills, self-discipline, and life experiences you have developed during military service. Former military personnel easily fit into the CHP’s workforce and adapt well to our paramilitary work environment. You can use your former military skills and self-initiative to help you promote through the CHP’s ranks.”

Then again on the department’s Cadet page:

“The California Highway Patrol is often described as a “paramilitary” department, and that is true. The uniforms, ranks and insignias, chain of command, and the long-standing traditions resemble a military organization. There is a remarkable esprit de corps in the California Highway Patrol that is unique to this organization. On graduation day you will have earned and will take great pride in your new position as an Officer of the California Highway Patrol.”

This year alone the California Highway Patrol has been wrapped up in a number of corruption and excessive force accusations, most notably the police officer who was recorded assaulting a woman on the side of the road, and the woman who caught an officer stealing private photographs from her phone while she was arrested on a DUI charge.

As of December 18th, 2014, the admissions of being a paramilitary organization are still displayed for all to see on the CHP’s website, but it is likely that their public relations team will restructure their website as soon as enough people point it out.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ca...aramilitary-organization/#2K2PQQjIDzWEc1l5.99

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And the Girl Scouts are also a paramilitary organization. Are you going to suggest they get MWRAPS to deliver cookies?

I'm not sure you have understand the difference between "paramilitary" and "militia" (The bad evil dangerous kind, not the National Guard discussed in the Second Amendment.) (Yes, that bit about the National Guard and the Second Amendment was sarcasm. Really, it was.)

stay safe.

Kopis

There was a pretty small town around here somewhere that released a recruiting video showing their MRAP and officers running around in full tac gear doing practice raids and forming lines. I wished i could find it again but it followed the same line.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

davidmcbeth

Banned
There was a pretty small town around here somewhere that released a recruiting video showing their MRAP and officers running around in full tac gear doing practice raids and forming lines. I wished i could find it again but it followed the same line.

Lots of videos about cops training. Many are hilarious to watch .. undisciplined in many of them, not able to fire or load ARs, not knowing how to use one, etc. If any group as a whole should not have ARs, its cops.