Thread: Glad I live in a State that gets and F Rating!!

Glad I live in a State that gets and F Rating!!

I think this site is telling a very tall tale when it says the states with the tuffest firearns laws has the least gun deaths!!! Glad MO gets an F. it means we actually have more forearms rights!!

http://www.gunlawscorecard.org/

http://smartgunlaws.org/wp-content/u...factsheets.pdf

Who was it that said "If you repeat a lie often enough people will start believing it"? Seems like that became the mantra for the anti-rights crowd years ago.

Fortunately the "person in the street" is not falling for that BS.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Love this line/statement in several of their evaluations...."Weakened gun laws in 2014 via a constitutional amendment that will make it easier for courts to strike down common-sense gun laws."

I guess they realize that we see common-sense differently than they do.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Just moved to Wyoming which also gets an F; they failed to mention constitutional carry for residents as well.

Idaho gets an F, Yeah baby
    Last edited by OC Freedom; 12-18-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadez View Post
    more forearms rights!!
    Those are the best!!

I think this site is telling a very tall tale when it says the states with the tuffest firearns laws has the least gun deaths!!! Glad MO gets an F. it means we actually have more forearms rights!!

http://www.gunlawscorecard.org/

http://smartgunlaws.org/wp-content/u...factsheets.pdf
    It appears having the "tuffest firearns laws" isn't the only area in which you're enamored of obtaining a failing grade.

Sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, and grammar seem to be rounding out the top ten.

Last edited by Superlite27; 12-18-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    It appears having the "tuffest firearns laws" isn't the only area in which you're enamored of obtaining a failing grade.

Sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, and grammar seem to be rounding out the top ten.
    True.

But his ideas are in the right place, bless his heart. http://www.atlantamagazine.com/south...thern-decoder/

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Those are the best!!
    LOL damn! Well must have strong forearm rights to help support giving Gubment the finger

Lord Jesus I will now throw my self on the mercy of the !teRnEt 5entenNce strukture, sp3lling, pu0nctuation, and gr@mmar P0L1C3 here in the new MeRiKa Carry on !!

I am sorry if you do not approve of the net slang typing. I have indeed been on IRC far to long for any normal internet forum surfers to understand. I will tone my net typing down for the non net gods. Thank you for support move along now nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Renegadez; 12-18-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Snark is my crack.

I cannot pass up any opportunity for smart-alecky retorts.

Tossing a combination of crappy grammar/hideous spelling/lack of punctuation out for me to read is like throwing a raw chicken leg to a raccoon.....

....they will see the obvious trap, and after serious consideration of the danger, probability of failure, and imminent consequences, they will completely dismiss the peril because.......HEY LOOK! RAW CHICKEN LEG!

Similarly, I can see intentional trolling, baited remarks, and obvious attempts to lure me in.....(I'm often bludgeoned by well disguised sarcasm.)

I can see hurt feelings, loss of friends, resentful feelings, longstanding grudges, outright hatred, undisguised enmity.....

....but, HEY LOOK! SNARKY COMMENT!

Snideness is my Waterloo.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 12-18-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Lord Jesus I will now throw my self on the mercy of the !teRnEt 5entenNce strukture, sp3lling, pu0nctuation, and gr@mmar P0L1C3 here in the new MeRiKa Carry on !! ...
    I need a little help, my spell check is not giving me any corrections for the above.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I need a little help, my spell check is not giving me any corrections for the above.
    You don't need spellcheck. You need a 12-year old girl.

As a translator, you pervert! Get your mind out of the gutter.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Snark is my crack.

I cannot pass up any opportunity for smart-alecky retorts.

Tossing a combination of crappy grammar/hideous spelling/lack of punctuation out for me to read is like throwing a raw chicken leg to a raccoon.....

Its all good eat up all the raw chicken leg y0u want makes me no diff buT dont come whinin if you get sick and defiantly please keep the Snack crak lickin to yur Self LOL I dont need that Vision!

Centurion
    LOL damn! Well must have strong forearm rights to help support giving Gubment the finger
    Won't I need some Lefts as well for while I don't often flip the bird, when I do, it may be with both hands?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    My state got an A- .... I'm very busy. Gathering ammo, etc.

You other guys got it sweet...

@JoeSparky may i suggest letting your TShirt do the Flipping for you so you wont need that leftie!
    Flyin the Bird Double TimeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Mickey Bird.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	12317
    Last edited by Renegadez; 01-07-2015 at 04:31 PM.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    My state got an A- .... I'm very busy. Gathering ammo, etc.

You other guys got it sweet...

A nice solid F here in Utah.

And for the record, a fair number of us don't just "got it sweet," we helped make things sweeter by actively working to improve our States' gun laws. We did so using proven, effective techniques and hanging in there for the long haul.

Go look at what gun laws were like in Florida, Utah, and other such good gun States were as recently as 30 years ago. Notice how many of those States with F or D ratings were "dinged" (or is it rewarded) for various small measures passed just in the last year or two.

A little push here this year, a little advance there next year, and pretty soon one looks back and realizes how good things are compared to before he got involved. It is the payoff for the vacation days spent at the capital rather than having fun with the family, for the yard work left undone while knocking doors for (or against) various candidates, and for other small sacrifices year to year.

Congrats and thank you to all those who have worked to advance our rights by improving legislation a bit at a time.

Charles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    A nice solid F here in Utah.

And for the record, a fair number of us don't just "got it sweet," we helped make things sweeter by actively working to improve our States' gun laws. We did so using proven, effective techniques and hanging in there for the long haul.

Go look at what gun laws were like in Florida, Utah, and other such good gun States were as recently as 30 years ago. Notice how many of those States with F or D ratings were "dinged" (or is it rewarded) for various small measures passed just in the last year or two.

A little push here this year, a little advance there next year, and pretty soon one looks back and realizes how good things are compared to before he got involved. It is the payoff for the vacation days spent at the capital rather than having fun with the family, for the yard work left undone while knocking doors for (or against) various candidates, and for other small sacrifices year to year.

Congrats and thank you to all those who have worked to advance our rights by improving legislation a bit at a time.

Charles
    That's nice ... but all gun laws are bad. Think about it...

I was on another site that deals with survival and a board, and someone on there asked about what is the best state a gun owner could move to
    I suggested they look at the brady bunch chart and invert it
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

While i agree with part of this statement this mess was not created overnight and will not be fixed overnight. I would just throw a huge thank You out to all those who have worked before me and to those who come after us to help preserve and further our firearms rights. All those like utbagpiper who have given time money and energy for this cause deserve a hardy THANKSSSSS not just a that's nice!

State Researcher
    Actually, I can think of few gun laws that are very good.

Utah's RKBA constitutional provision (Article 1, Section 6, Utah State Constitution) is a very strong, very clear protection of RKBA that includes specific provisions for the "individual right to keep and bear arms". While not perfect, this portion of our constitution is a pretty darn good gun law and it exists in its current form thanks to being strengthened sometime in the 80s, I believe.

I'm kind of fond of that federal "gun law" that makes it very difficult for anyone to successfully sue gun manufacturers for the criminal (mis)use of their products that worked properly.

Utah has a constitutional provision that requires a supermajority threshold in order for any citizen initiative dealing with hunting to become law. Want to know how many battles we've had to fight here with bleeding heart or out-of-State interests trying to use money and slick ads to outlaw proper wildlife management? Hint: It is a number less than 1. This is not strictly a "gun law" but certainly affects how we use our guns (and bows, and traps).

We have some laws providing a presumption of reasonableness and consequent protections from criminal and civil actions if someone uses deadly force against a home invader. This seems like a pretty good "gun law" to me.

We have a provision making clear that OCing a properly holstered firearm is not, of itself, a violation of our Disorderly Conduct statute. We have a law preventing employers from taking any negative employment action against employees who lawfully have a firearm in their car, even if the car is parked in the company parking lot. Utah has copied Montana in passing a law excluding locally manufactured and sold firearms (no InterState commerce) from federal regulation. We're awaiting the court decisions dealing with Montana's law to see how this plays out. These all seem like not bad laws to me.

We have some laws protecting shooting ranges from noise, nuisance, or other complaints or local ordinances that would try to shut down existing ranges simply because someone decides to build a new neighborhood within hearing distance.

We have a host of laws dealing with the taking of game. While some may chafe at any legal limits on their conduct, most sane men recognize that some order is needed and in total, hunting laws here have helped provide opportunities to hunt to far more people than if we just left everyone free to do whatever they wanted.

I believe we have a law limiting how police departments handle firearms used as evidence, once the case is concluded, but I'd have to go double check that. I believe we have a proposed bill coming up that would protect a few thousand dollars of firearms against bankruptcy proceedings. There seems to be some merit in these kinds of laws.

No. If one actually, THINKS much at all, rather than just spouting off bumper-sticker slogans or reacting from some anarchist view of all laws being infringements of liberties, he realizes that some laws dealing with guns are quite beneficial to the gun owner.

As for the much longer list of gun laws that are bad, we're doing a fine job of whittling away at those here such that today, I can make a strong case that in total, Utah is one of the best States in the nation (and thus one of the best jurisdictions in the entire world) for the person who desires to legally carry a gun for self-defense. We did this through old-fashioned hard work using effective means. And it has taken a couple of decades. But it has happened and continues to happen. I'd be thrilled if some kind of "Gold fringe on the flag" or "I don't recognize the authority of this court" or even "My earnings are not 'income' and my motorcarriage is not a commercial vehicle" kind of thing would magically get us what we wanted overnight. But it hasn't. Neither have court cases arguing that "All gun laws are an affront the Constitution". So rather than waste time on such silver bullets, we've just buckled down and done some hard work.

Do let me know when your preferred methods start to yield similar fruit. Heaven knows I'd love to find a new hobby and prove that eternal vigilance isn't actually required to retain or regain liberty.

Charles

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    I was on another site that deals with survival and a board, and someone on there asked about what is the best state a gun owner could move to
    I suggested they look at the brady bunch chart and invert it
    A good place to start. And fortunately, there are enough really good States, that even for the person for whom RKBA is his most important deciding factor, he can readily move on to secondary factors like geography/weather, other cultural aspects of the area, etc.

One can also look at specific sub-sets of RKBA or areas related to RKBA for States that do a little better than other. Some States are friendlier to permit-free carry than others. Some States have fewer locations legally off limits. At least one State specifically protects the ability of most government employees (including school teachers) to carry firearms on the job. Some States have far better hunting (and hunting laws) than do other States.

I remember when the options for a good quality, reasonable cost concealable firearm were pretty slim. Options for women's smaller hands were all but non-existent. Now look at where we are, thanks in part to what Florida started. My State has a total of 3 million residents (most of them children ), and has nearly 600,000 permits to carry currently valid, nearly 200,000 of those issued to Utah residents. Over 6% of all residents in my State have a permit to carry. That works out to about 10% of all adults (age 21 and older) in Utah. Run that across the nation and we're talking about 3 to 6 million persons with permits to carry firearms, plus those who live in one of the growing number of States that don't require a permit (Vermont, Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming, etc), plus those who routinely OC legally without a permit. Millions of individuals legally able to carry firearms for self-defense is a sizable market for which lots of products are now available that weren't before. There is an entire ecosystem (to use a software term) today for the law-abiding-citizen who wants to carry a firearm, that simply did not exist as recently as 20 years ago. And I believe that the totality of this eco-system had some positive effect in the Heller and McDonald decisions.

And if there is any advantage to the 90%+ incumbent re-election rate in Congress, it is that a lot of gun grabbers on both sides of the aisle remember what happened to the Democrats in congressional races in '94 and the presidential race in 2000 as a result of their '94 scary looking gun ban and other overt hostilities to our RKBA.

It is a great time to be a gun owner in this nation. Our biggest challenge seems to be motivating fellow gun owners to keep doing the good work because things are so good, in so many areas, that one might mistakenly think not much more is needed. That is the kind of problem we like to have.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    Do let me know when your preferred methods start to yield similar fruit. Heaven knows I'd love to find a new hobby and prove that eternal vigilance isn't actually required to retain or regain liberty.
    This IS one of the best things i have read on the forum "Eternal Vigilance". What a huge statement and huge responsibility that those seemingly simply two words have yet ringing true and brilliant.