• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Feel the love

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
CSGV asks "What would you say to Wayne LaPierre?"

The love is overwhelming. Not!

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2014/12/18/why-i-carry-csgv-seems-like-a-good-reason/

A lot of those comments would get someone banned here and on most other gun boards.

It's always nice to know who your enemy is and what they are thinking. Maybe we can take a copy of that to the .gov and use it as justification to get our own surplus MWAPS, since they are not going to be giving them to the police any more. (Sadly, we will not have the asset forfieture funds needed to "fix up" the MWRAP once it arrives.)

stay safe.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I can't respond to that because of the rules here (as you mention), but it's not because I want to engage in name-calling, making threats of violence or death, but rather it's because I don't have a problem with what they (the liberals commenting in the link) are saying, even with them wanting to harm/kill gun owners/conservatives and remove them from the scene entirely. At least THEY get the "problem" and understand the solution to it. Conversely, most conservatives/gun-owners don't have a clue, or are in denial. While conservatives (and we gun-owners/carriers here) play by the rules (and many think they are taking the superior/high ground), the liberals are doing just the opposite, and pulling the rug out from under "the high grounders" as said liberals go on winning the Culture War.

Kind of counter-productive if you ask me -- be "superior" but end up the loser in a street-fight -- but that's how it is...

I DO agree with you that we should "know the enemy" and have been saying so for YEARS now. But that should be a given as it's just good military strategy. Always has been. Even applied to a so-called Culture War (which is cold now, but could become hot later).

So that's about all I can say: Explaining myself further in more detail isn't possible since one can't speak freely not only here on this forum, but on any forum. Due to the "play nice" rule. Okay, play nice and lose, if that's the goal, but it doesn't allow any REAL dialog. Besides, one should not have to tip-toe or convolute wording just to speak truly & plainly in order to avoid getting warned/banned for doing so. And that "creative writing" isn't really successful anyway, is it.

But again, those be the rules so I'll leave it at that.

Still, I repeat: I've no problem at all with liberals making threats of bodily harm or death (as seen in that link where they want to "do unpleasant things" to Mr. Wayne La Pierre -- and to US by logical extension). It doesn't upset or anger me in the least. Nor do I have any issue with liberals actually attempting to DO harm (ACT vs. TALKING) to conservatives and/or gun-owners (except most gun owners are liberals, so they're only hurting each other -- which is FINE with me). At least liberals are being real in seeing violence as a viable (if not the only) solution. After all, "working within the system" up to now isn't getting anything solved for good (for once & for all), and THEY see that, so what's left? So they're only stating how these things ("differences") SHOULD be resolved: One side wins, the other side loses and is gone. No quarter given, no prisoners taken. Otherwise, this "debate" will ALL happen over and over again in the future. IMO, coexisting with liberals is not an option, and it's what has brought this about presently. And America's decline as well.

THEY act, WE react. They are on the Offense -- and often successfully -- while WE are stuck in Defense. Can't win always playing Defense.

We MIGHT have one last chance to get "gun stuff" done in Washington since lots of Republicans have been elected recently (2014 Mid-Term Elections), so possibly we can still "work within the system" to restore gun rights (right-to-carry) to EVERY American citizen -- regardless of what STATE he/she lives in (which is definitely NOT the case presently) -- but that remains to be seen. If the Republicans do NOT get anything done on that, IMO it's pretty much over. I mean if they can't do it when they HAVE the power, then WHEN? [a rhetorical question]

But I digress...

So for my part, as a "serious" conservative, *I* don't want to coexist with liberals, and would like to see THEM all be gone from the American scene. So I get where they're coming from wanting likewise for conservatives. That's how it should be.

If anyone here hasn't already, he/she should choose a side in this so-called Culture War. Stop being a fence-sitter (AKA: Moderate, AKA: Compromiser) -- as being lukewarm "in the middle" on ANYTHING is meaningless, it's merely being a zero/placeholder droid if you will. And there should be NO compromising when it comes to RIGHTS -- in "our" case I mean the 2nd Amendment/RKBA. NONE! Be "passionate" about the issues vs. being a calm, robotic and blasé mealy-mouth Ted Koppel type of talking head (or a silent lurker in the dimly lit background) so you don't offend anyone, or make waves. While you are being sensitive and considerate of "dissenting views" -- even respect them -- they aren't being the same towards you. And they'll win. A fight is a fight, and one wins any way he/she can. There ARE no rules. Just win.

REAL and substantial change isn't brought about by passive fence-sitting Moderates.

It never has been.

Last edited:

SovereigntyOrDeath

If anyone here hasn't already, he/she should choose a side in this so-called Culture War. Stop being a fence-sitter (AKA: Moderate, AKA: Compromiser) -- as being lukewarm "in the middle" on ANYTHING is meaningless, it's merely being a zero/placeholder droid if you will. And there should be NO compromising when it comes to RIGHTS -- in "our" case I mean the 2nd Amendment/RKBA. NONE! Be "passionate" about the issues vs. being a calm, robotic and blasé mealy-mouth Ted Koppel type of talking head (or a silent lurker in the dimly lit background) so you don't offend anyone, or make waves. While you are being sensitive and considerate of "dissenting views" -- even respect them -- they aren't being the same towards you. And they'll win. A fight is a fight, and one wins any way he/she can. There ARE no rules. Just win.

REAL and substantial change isn't brought about by passive fence-sitting Moderates.

It never has been.

Bravo Sir!

It only takes 3 things to implement change, ACTION, ACTION, and more ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HPmatt

I didn't spend a whole bunch of time reading the uncivil posts, but I did come away with the impression that there were not a lot of Naturalized immigrant contributors to that screed - like my friends that are the Lost boys of Sudan, some shah-Iranians, and east europeans that would have a more 'real world' vision on how beautiful and fundamental the 2A is here in the United States, as well as the continued wisdom of our great founders. I want to say America, as embodied in the Constitution as written, so far has kept America as the leading torchbearer of English common law.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Now now, David...we must refrain from name-calling, yes? Those be the rules...

Besides...we have no control over our surname, and as for our first/middle names our parents named us -- for better or worse. ;-)

Merry Christmas...

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
HPmatt,

What's really sad is those long-ago celebrated "Rights & Liberties of Englishmen" no longer survives in the UK, Canada or Australia.

They only survive here in America...and yet the above nations want us to join them in their shameful relinquishing of same.

I say NO WAY...your misery deserves no company.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Hopefully most of those people do not own sharp objects, let alone guns. Considering their anger and propensity for violence it sorta makes sense they do not want others armed.

Logan 5

That's ok. I doubt you and I are the only ones reading that. Others are as well.
And just like here, your conduct on line, to those that know you, is everything.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Yup. We don't have to discredit anti-gunners. They do it to themselves.

Anyone who hasn't already drunk the kool-aid will be turned off by that crap.

Logan 5

I personally did come away with the impression that there were not a lot of Naturalized immigrant contributors to that screed - like my friends that are the Lost boys of Sudan, some shah-Iranians, and east europeans that would have a more 'real world' vision on how beautiful and fundamental the 2A is here in the United States,

Before or after they murder us?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
At least THEY get the "problem" and understand the solution to it. Conversely, most conservatives/gun-owners don't have a clue, or are in denial.
The "solution" to the "problem" is education - not violence.

We on OCDO are not "most gun owners" - we are the vanguard, part of the leading edge in educating the public regarding their right to self-defense. OC is also a real utilization of the First Amendment - couple that with our activism and we become most effective.

Every hunter, sport shooter, CC carrier to whom I have spoken understands that their RKBA is under attack - our legions grow each day.

Are some gun owners just ghost owners who never see or touch the gun in its storage/hiding place? Sure, but we are making inroads. Consider the case of a 78 yo grandmother who will be coming to VA soon from a very restrictive state - she wants to and will be OCing and plans on taking her CHP class.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Every hunter, sport shooter, CC carrier to whom I have spoken understands that their RKBA is under attack - our legions grow each day.

I have several kin who are hunters, sport shooters, and some who even CC, yet vote for critters who desire to eliminate the 2A from that sacred document. I have many many more kin who are members of the legion, some of whom do not own a gun. It is not their ownership of guns, or lack there of, that matters but their vote that matters.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have several kin who are hunters, sport shooters, and some who even CC, yet vote for critters who desire to eliminate the 2A from that sacred document. I have many many more kin who are members of the legion, some of whom do not own a gun. It is not their ownership of guns, or lack there of, that matters but their vote that matters.
I have been known to accentuate the positive.....once or twice :)

An anti with a gun, votes what he/she wants for others - still some would give up their own gun(s) to achieve that end.

Most assuredly correct - it is the vote that counts AND then it is the commitment of the elected to follow that mandate.

I think the progress made in recent years overall indicates that we are winning.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The union currently touts more than 300,000 members, and Mr. Canterbury’s view that attacks on police should be listed as a federal hate crime is shared by others.

“Right now, it’s a hate crime if you attack someone solely because of the color of their skin, but it ought to be a hate crime if you attack someone solely because of the color of their uniform as well,” said Jim Pasco, the executive director of the union, Yahoo News reported.
So, street clothes are the uniform of the citizen. That will work.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Real police ask for help from the P.C. police: Make attacks on cops a hate crime.

Considering that criminals don't care what the law says, this would be just another feel good law and make the "more equals" just that much more equal.

Will grant that it puts more teeth in the prosecutor's kit bag, BUT don't see that it will do anything to reduce said violence before the fact.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Real police ask for help from the P.C. police: Make attacks on cops a hate crime.

Turn about is fair play. Make attacks by cops on citizens a hate crime. Cop throws a beat down on a gent shielding his head and face, the cop is done.

I spent two decades in the military playing by the rules of engagement. If we can do it, cops can do it. Those who can't shouldn't be cops. If they wind up doing it anyway, they deserve no better than the guys sitting in Leavenworth for life.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Considering that criminals don't care what the law says, this would be just another feel good law and make the "more equals" just that much more equal.

Will grant that it puts more teeth in the prosecutor's kit bag, BUT don't see that it will do anything to reduce said violence before the fact.

Yea its pretty ridiculous and belongs in the trash bin of bad ideas along with gun enhancement penalties.

A murder is a murder, an attack is an attack.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Yup. We don't have to discredit anti-gunners. They do it to themselves.

Anyone who hasn't already drunk the kool-aid will be turned off by that crap.

I'd like to see that article widely disseminated to all those still on the fence about the issue.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The really sad thing is that this is how many on the other side really think. I know, I used to travel amongst them in my youth. They may like to spout off about love and forgiveness and tolerance but they are nothing of the sort when you get them among their own kind where they don't have to watch what they say.

Last edited: