Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony caves to threats of theater massacres

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar

Sony caves to threats of theater massacres

This is a great example of why folks should be armed to protect themselves.

Would these cowards dare attack a well armed populous?

I think not!

Banned
    Who who who ?????????

could be a couple of teenagers in a garage for all we know

There could be a number of driving factors here. I guarantee you everyone who knows about this story can tell you the name of the movie now.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Good marketing ploy. Get threats coming out from NK (not hard to do, really), postpone the release, and then go John Wayne on them and say "we're releasing it anyway!" Now the number of people that were going to see it just tripled, if not more.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

It is not the content of the movie that is the issue, it is the principal actors...namely Seth Rogan, that is the issue. I don't blame TPDRONK one little bit.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by SovereigntyOrDeath View Post
    This is a great example of why folks should be armed to protect themselves.

Would these cowards dare attack a well armed populous?

I think not!
    Or one that knows how to spell populace, (haha)

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    The most disturbing part of this whole incident for me is seeing opinions coming from Fox news saying that Sony should not have the movie in the first place.

**** you Fox news.

"EVERY ROOM in NK has pics of their leader and it is a crime to insult leader; #Sony is ignorant of NK; erratic country w/ nukes"
    "Sony could have made up a country and done the movie-instead Sony shows how ignorant it is of the dangers w/NK"
    "anyone who has been to NK knows how dangerous it is and would not have been so stupid to make that movie"
    "How #stupid- #Sony could have made a fictional movie but instead insults unstable country w/nuclear weapons.Sony= #idiots"
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Or one that knows how to spell populace, (haha)
    Really?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/populous

Last edited by SovereigntyOrDeath; 12-19-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    The "midget" schoolyard bully made the bigger guy run.
    Not only that but the most pathetic situation is they found the soft underbelly of the world's only Superpower!

Pathetic really.

A Sovereign

grrr. This is a private company in charge of their own cyber security. Please don't talk about the "super power's under belly" unless you are advocating laws the government should impose to DICTATE the level of security private companies must have!

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    grrr. This is a private company in charge of their own cyber security. Please don't talk about the "super power's under belly" unless you are advocating laws the government should impose to DICTATE the level of security private companies must have!
    I abhor the government dictating anything to us. I guess you missed the Gadsden flag in my avatar.

Some folks on this forum seems to have a bad habit of twisting my words and interpreting them incorrectly.

Let me spell it out for you in words that you might understand.

Yes, this Superpower is vulnerable to cyber attack. A well known problem that Senator John McCain made clear.

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2014/02/27/la...security-laws/

If our Superpower, with all of its resources is vulnerable, then guess what sir, We are all vulnerable. The entire Superpower!

Get it now? If not, I will be happy to expound.
    Last edited by SovereigntyOrDeath; 12-19-2014 at 08:28 PM.

A Sovereign

If sony had any balls they would release the movie for free through every outlet they could, including Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Roku, etc., etc.

in 2005 sony attempted to install a rootkit on computers of everyone that put one of their music CD's in their computers CD drive, without the users permission. They caught a bunch of bad press from that, and I have not purchased anything from sony since, I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.

OBTW, sony is not an American company.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    If sony had any balls they would release the movie for free through every outlet they could, including Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Roku, etc., etc.

in 2005 sony attempted to install a rootkit on computers of everyone that put one of their music CD's in their computers CD drive, without the users permission. They caught a bunch of bad press from that, and I have not purchased anything from sony since, I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.
    Best idea yet on release method since most theaters won't touch it now. If I owned a theater, I would screen it and advertise that if you come open carrying, you can get in for free!

Apple did something similar with a U2 video. They sneaked it into ITunes and folks couldn't delete it. My wife being one of them. They finally came up with a "fix" so it coul be deleted.

A Sovereign

Quote Originally Posted by SovereigntyOrDeath View Post

Yes, this Superpower is vulnerable to cyber attack. A well known problem that Senator John McCain made clear.

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2014/02/27/la...security-laws/

Get it now? If not, I will be happy to expound.
    YOU are the one to equate this cyber attack on a private company with government vulnerability
    GET IT NOW?

Banned
    You know, there is no requirement of companies to put their sensitive information on any type of network.

Sony's full of security morons? Or just relying of technology to save them?

I remember doing business before computers ... WOW ... and most of my current business, while done using computers as information storage devices and computators, each one is not not connected to any network.

Hey, here's all the personnel files, lets put them on a PC connected to a network. Yea ! Dummies.

The FBI now concludes that N. Korea did it, confirming that they did not.

Campaign Veteran
    "Would these cowards dare attack a well armed populous? I think not! " -- SovereigntyOrDeath

You're too limited in your thinking, that "terrorists" would not do something in particular. Imagine your surprise when they DO it. Further, they aren't cowards, either, and you once again misjudge them.

So yes, they would "dare attack a well armed populous."

You have to remember that most of them are suicidal, so they don't care about dying and don't expect to survive the incident. And besides attacking "innocents" such as ordinary civilians and children even, they also attack police and military, both of whom are armed. Not fearing death makes them the ultimate enemy as they are "supremely focused" and have to be killed to be stopped.

It's not AT ALL easy to override the "Prime Directive" if you will: Self Preservation. It takes GUTS to do that (one reason suicide is NOT "the coward's way out" as ignorant people say -- it never HAS been).

But I do agree that a movie theater IS a place where one would want to carry...as are so many OTHER presently GFZs, most all are places where large groups of (unarmed) people congregate, which makes them such a high-value target to "terrorists" or your everyday garden-variety psycho-shooter as we have here especially in America. In a place where a bomb has been planted, being armed won't help AT ALL in that kind of terror attack, but for incidents that happen when terrorists conduct "mall invasions" (as they have in Arab/African countries) in-person -- shoot up busses of tourists/school children, attacking individuals in their cars, or simply round up people off the street and into a building (like just recently in Sidney, Australia) -- then being armed WILL help!

America isn't experiencing the regular bombings taking place elsewhere (yet, anyway) so our CARRYING should help is any terror attack here targeting citizens as they will be done by PEOPLE, not a bomb (YET, as I said). And terrorists are no less vulnerable to bullets than their intended targets are.

But I view criminals no differently then I do terrorists, so I am armed for either of them, as each needs the same response.

Anyway, when it comes to being armed in a cinema, I think fellow OCDO member (and fellow Coloradan) "Saxxon" would agree that one should. ;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 12-20-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

LOL that was a swift ban!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-de...ZUmDEAVv7QtDMD

"We propose to conduct a joint investigation with the U.S. in response to groundless slander being perpetrated by the U.S. by mobilizing public opinion," the North Korean spokesman was cited as saying by KCNA.

We should agree !

Banned
    More and more, sounds like insurance fraud ... anyone else think so?

I am just surprised that Sony has not been cyberschtupped sooner when they released and rebooted the atrocity that is "Spider-man". That franchise ticked off a lot more nerds/geeks/dweebs since the appearance of Jarjar Binks.

Not Sony related, but NK related:

Wonder why the "hackers" didn't throw a hissy fit over the Red Dawn reboot: Red Dawn
    http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt1234719/

Or Team America: Team America: World Police
    http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt0372588/

Or if they did, it's obvious nothing came of it.

Banned
    Is America already under the control of other powerful forces and the head of state (Obama) is merely a puppet controlled to say the nice things at the appropriate moments to keep the masses on-side. Just think; America might already have been overthrown by the Chinese or Russian Oligargs!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Global oil prices falling!!! A plot by the West to bankrupt Russia and Iran? NO!! A plot by the Chinese/Russians & Saudis to control already, financial pushed Westerners to generate more taxes by working even harder for less!!!

Banned
    In this Global world of market share, who is controlling who?!!

Banned
    In the UK, economic turnaround is being fuelled (excuse the pun) by creating easy credit to ramp up a consumer led reflation of the economy to replace financial easing (governments pumping money in) it appears to be working as fuel prices have fallen to 1.10 per litre from nearly 1.45 five months ago. The pre-election feel good factor is in full swing - but then the debts will become a reality in January!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast