Thread: New Jersey’s red-light cameras went dark last Tuesday, 16 DEC 2014!

Moderator / Administrator

New Jersey’s red-light cameras went dark last Tuesday, 16 DEC 2014!

http://alerts.motorists.org/nma-e-ne...the-good-guys/

"It’s official. New Jersey’s red-light cameras went dark last Tuesday after state lawmakers chose not to take up legislation to extend their operation. The five-year pilot program generated controversy from the start. Outspoken critics such as NMA ally and state Assemblyman Declan O’Scanlon were quick to point out that photo ticketing was more about generating revenue for cash-strapped municipalities than improving public safety.

The demise of the program is notable for several reasons. First, while well-resourced camera companies and their lackeys made every attempt to salvage the program, they couldn’t gain enough traction with New Jersey lawmakers. (Translation: legislators knew how unpopular and misguided the program was and weren’t going to risk going against the will of the voters.) Second, with cameras spread across 25 cities as part of the pilot program, New Jersey is the first state to abolish cameras statewide. Third, the NMA played a key role in dismantling the program by proving serious flaws in how it was administered and operated.

Things started to unravel in November 2011 when . . . "

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    "The net result is that red-light cameras are history in New Jersey, thanks to the efforts of many concerned citizens, advocates and lawmakers. At least for now. NJDOT still has to make a recommendation to continue the program or not, and policymakers would have to pass legislation to bring it back. We don’t think they will."
    http://alerts.motorists.org/nma-e-ne...the-good-guys/

Excellent results!!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    I go to testify almost every freaking year ... on this subject ; my state does not have them.

One rep. told a sob story about how he was concerned about his little kid walking in a city, worried about her getting run down. I testified if he was so concerned, he would have been walking her to school. Needless to say, he did not like that comment.

Now if they would only do away with those ALPR- Automatic License Plate Readers.... Every criminal, pedophile, ID thief and corrupt LEO can have your information at their fingertips.

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Now if they would only do away with those ALPR- Automatic License Plate Readers.... Every criminal, pedophile, ID thief and corrupt LEO can have your information at their fingertips.

CCJ
    I think that there are some products out there that can assist in hiding your plate number to those infernal machines. Even with the laws I have seen, there are ways around them where you can still hide your parked car's plate number from the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think that there are some products out there that can assist in hiding your plate number to those infernal machines. Even with the laws I have seen, there are ways around them where you can still hide your parked car's plate number from the machines.
    Thank you Davidmebeth, now if anyone could expand on these products, I would like to protect my ID from the aforementioned elements listed in my post.

Happy holiday,

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Thank you Davidmebeth, now if anyone could expand on these products, I would like to protect my ID from the aforementioned elements listed in my post.

Happy holiday,

CCJ
    Kryptonium. With a dash of adamantium. Then mix with dog feces and rub it on your car.

Bam. Instant invisibility.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Kryptonium. With a dash of adamantium. Then mix with dog feces and rub it on your car.

Bam. Instant invisibility.
    There are devices that attach to the plate screws that can shield these electronic eyes ... some states have outlawed these louvers but as it relates to red light cameras if I recall...plate readers? Generally take a pick from a goofy angle that may be able to be blocked w/o violating the red light camera laws.

Once should be able to make a homemade one too. Just read the laws and figure a way around them; its not hard.

There are devices that attach to the plate screws that can shield these electronic eyes ... some states have outlawed these louvers but as it relates to red light cameras if I recall...plate readers? Generally take a pick from a goofy angle that may be able to be blocked w/o violating the red light camera laws.

Once should be able to make a homemade one too. Just read the laws and figure a way around them; its not hard.
    Dog feces works best. Trust me just try it.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Truly a match made in Heaven. The little Match-maker and her constable-wannabe.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Truly a match made in Heaven. The little Match-maker and her constable-wannabe.
    I think your right. David must want to be a constable that's why he says such awful things about cops. Makes sense. You are crafty.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Dog feces works best. Trust me just try it.
    You seem to know so much about poop, one could consider you full of poop information.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 12-25-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You seem to know so much about poop, one could consider you full of poop information.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Ohio just passed a law that require an officer to be present at the location of the operating camera. The camera is hard to put on the witness stand and cross exam.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Ohio just passed a law that require an officer to be present at the location of the operating camera. The camera is hard to put on the witness stand and cross exam.
    Under rules of evidence, pics do not require testimony. Now if the pics contain data then testimony can be required to get it admitted if the state law does not say its already admissible; but one can always are melendez-diaz v. state of Mass (SCOTUS) too.

But ya have to object and most people simply are not very cognizant of the judicial process.

I have only lost one traffic case out of many and have helped others to win their cases. Not hard, but usually requires several visits to the courthouse. 99% of people just give up.

Centurion
    Utah, if I remember correctly does allow redlight cameras and photocop enterprises---- they just prohibited any enterprise including cities, towns, municipalities, county or State agency from collecting any fees or fines with these types of systems. No problem with redlight cameras or photocop in UTAH. I like this!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Under rules of evidence, pics do not require testimony. Now if the pics contain data then testimony can be required to get it admitted if the state law does not say its already admissible; but one can always are melendez-diaz v. state of Mass (SCOTUS) too.

But ya have to object and most people simply are not very cognizant of the judicial process.

I have only lost one traffic case out of many and have helped others to win their cases. Not hard, but usually requires several visits to the courthouse. 99% of people just give up.
    I said camera, I did not say picture. Camera, meaning the complete operating system including the computer program that operates that system.
    Melendez-Diaz v. Massachusetts, 557 U.S. 305 (2009) is the very reason I said camera.
    And I too have only lost one traffic case out of many that I chose to fight. One was a split decision in the court of appeals. Must challenge personal and subject matter jurisdiction before ever entering a plea. I have never been in a court yet where the court follow the rules.

...And I too have only lost one traffic case out of many that I chose to fight. One was a split decision in the court of appeals. Must challenge personal and subject matter jurisdiction before ever entering a plea. I have never been in a court yet where the court follow the rules.
    Good to see more people figuring this out! Of course, typically smj can be challenged at any stage of the process.
    Last edited by georg jetson; 12-29-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Banned
    I said camera, I did not say picture. Camera, meaning the complete operating system including the computer program that operates that system.
    Melendez-Diaz v. Massachusetts, 557 U.S. 305 (2009) is the very reason I said camera.
    And I too have only lost one traffic case out of many that I chose to fight. One was a split decision in the court of appeals. Must challenge personal and subject matter jurisdiction before ever entering a plea. I have never been in a court yet where the court follow the rules.
    Before that, ask for a complaint or information to replace the notice ! [one can argue jurisdictional issues at any time]

Many states require a notice to be replaced with either an information or complaint. see CT Prac. Book 36-11 for my state.

You wave personal jurisdiction if not challenged prior to entering a plea. And yes subject matter jurisdiction can be challenged at any time.

Ohio has some odd rules, especially traffic rules.

Waving time is another killer. You will more than likely loose when your attorney waves time.

Asking for the proper documents in discovery is important. Waving time is necessary for discovery, but for the time from request to response. Knowing the rules will work in your favor.

And one of the most important thing to do is object when necessary. Failure to object timely is fatal.

Congrats to you NJ guys on this. I'm happy NV has a law generally prohibiting the use of red light cameras or private contractors for traffic citation cameras. The cameras have to be held by an officer or mounted in a police vehicle or building.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-4...#NRS484ASec600

NRS 484A.600  Use by governmental entity or agent of photographic, video or digital equipment to gather evidence for issuance of traffic citation.  A governmental entity and any agent thereof shall not use photographic, video or digital equipment for gathering evidence to be used for the issuance of a traffic citation for a violation of chapters 484A to 484E, inclusive, of NRS unless the equipment is held in the hand or installed temporarily or permanently within a vehicle or facility of a law enforcement agency.

Banned
    Houston voters also voted to take down their cameras and guess what? They are back up and running.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Houston voters also voted to take down their cameras and guess what? They are back up and running.
    Normally I would ask for a cite on those contentions, but you post is off topic for a thread on NJ..
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-01-2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.