Thread: NAACP absolves protestors, guns to blame.

NAACP absolves protestors, guns to blame.

The NAACP Legal Defense Fund issued a statement Saturday insisting that lax gun control laws, not the ongoing police brutality protests, led to the execution-style killings of two New York City officers.

“These two killings … like so many other unfortunate incidences of gun violence, provide a stark example of the need for sensible gun control measures, and the need to thoughtfully address untreated mental illness,” the statement said.

http://www.naacpldf.org/press-releas...n-killing-nypd

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...o-blame-for-c/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=d_7ZL6t9epiTNpM 4200 articles

Bwahaha! Back to Jim Crow.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Pfft. Figures. They're just trying to put another nail in the coffin of personal responsibility by pointing out that somehow the inanimate gun managed to jump itself into the perps hand, drag him to the cops and pull its own trigger. All he was doing was holding it. Thats not a bad thing, right?

God I hate stupid people.

Personal responsibility is dead and buried in the vastness of progressive America, lying in an unmarked grave in an anonymous Potter's Field.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    The NAACP is the black rights supporter ? Horrific viewpoint for black americans. I don't know what % of blacks actually support or approve of the NAACP.

But a gun was used in these murders and 🔫 guns are illegal in NYC. How can this be?

I like the one on the right. She likes the big guns.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    God I hate stupid people.
    Never mistake evil for stupid.

While there is no shortage of "useful idiots" in the world, the NAACP leadership and other gun haters know exactly what they are doing. Those at the top are not stupid. They may be ignorant of a few technical matters concerning firearms (eg semi-auto vs full auto, clip vs magazine). But they are plenty smart enough to know what they are doing.

Disarmed people are easier to control.

Racial animus is critical for certain folks to retain their positions of power and influence.

"Peaceful protests" or at least riots that can be made to look peaceful by the media are very useful. Either the cops respond and any response can be made to look excessive. Or they don't respond and the inner-city criminal class learns the law doesn't apply; they are free to loot, burn, and assault at will. This leaves decent people terrified and clambering for ever more government authority.

But ambushing and murdering two cops is beyond the pale. Even the lapdog media can't spin that. Mainstream America won't go for that. A couple of those incidents and mainstream American loses all sympathy for those who claim cops use too much force. Ambush and murder of cops strongly reinforces the police narrative that police work is very dangerous and cops have to be allowed to use whatever force is needed to secure their safety.

So the NAACP has to deflect this. This wasn't the fully predictable outcome of weeks of rhetoric about how cops are out of control and murderers. No. This was a problem with a lack of gun control laws.

Not stupid at all. Very deft at messaging. Probably not enough good messaging possible on this kind of an issue. But they'll do what damage control they can and keep to their long term agenda.

Charles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    I like the one on the right. She likes the big guns.
    maybe if she shaves

Wasn't the shooter a prohibited possessor also? This case was a poster child for how gun laws don't work!

The NAACP is certainly not any more powerful than CAIR, a little larger donation pool to be sure.

What the tragic incident in Brooklyn illustrates is that cops can not even protect themselves from violent nutjobs. If the cops can not protect themselves who remains to protect you. Unfortunately, and to the detriment of the citizenry, cops are now more keen to see a threat where none likely exists.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The NAACP is certainly not any more powerful than CAIR, a little larger donation pool to be sure.

What the tragic incident in Brooklyn illustrates is that cops can not even protect themselves from violent nutjobs. If the cops can not protect themselves who remains to protect you. Unfortunately, and to the detriment of the citizenry, cops are now more keen to see a threat where none likely exists.

Of course it will be used as a rationalization of why they need more militarization and the people need less.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The NAACP Legal Defense Fund issued a statement...
    Given their supremacist behavior in recent decades, is there any valid reason whatsoever that I should even care what they might have to say? About anything?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.