Thread: New Gun Control Ad

New Gun Control Ad

This is the smartest gun control ad I've ever seen. /sarcasm

Last edited by jfslicer; 12-22-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    The rest of the video should show the mother trying to defend herself from being raped and murdered with a pair of panties since that was all she found in her underwear drawer when someone broke in.
    You know, add a little reality to the video.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

The best part of the article I found this in:

In the real world, such an act would result in the boy facing numerous felony charges (exact charges depend on state laws) possibly including weapons theft, unlawful possession of a weapon by a minor, illegal concealed carry of a weapon, carrying a weapon onto school property, assault, and brandishing.
    Obviously brandishing wouldn't be an issue here, but the rest of that is a pretty damning list.

So the ad is inviting young to steal their parents firearms, take them to school just to turn them in. About the dumbest ad I have seen in a long time.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

1) The video shows how a minor is able to ILLEGALLY obtain and possess a firearm (theft, so no background check, not to mention the fact that possession without parental/guardian supervision was likely another crime committed in the video).

2) The video then shows how easily the minor is able to ILLEGALLY conceal and transport the aforementioned firearm on his person.

3) The video then shows how easily the (now criminal) minor is able to ILLEGALLY enter the school property and even the buildings (both "Gun-Free" zones).

4) The video then goes on to show how the (criminal) minor brandishes the weapon before committing assault by pointing the muzzle directly at the teacher's head.

So is it just me, or does anyone else here think the antis have succeeded in showing EXACTLY why GFZs and their so-called "common sense" gun laws don't and won't prevent school shootings? Not to mention the possiblity that the video shows the futility of background checks.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 12-22-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Centurion
    And it was a BB gun without the legally mandated orange tip!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Make sure you take the opportunity to report the video to YouTube for the promotion of various felonies and unsafe handling of the firearm. Enough people do it, maybe they'll pull it.

Banned
    They dubbed the sound .. the kid actually said

"See this? I can get as many as I want, I built this one. Common core? How much do you love it?"