• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

our society's disgusting views on the value of life

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkingWolf

Cops are only shot about 50 per 800,000 per year. Cops commit sexual assault over 300 times a year. In fact by CATO institute police per 100,000 are over double the sexual assault rates of the general population. This is only a small percentage of cops, but stats are stats. Nobody should be held up as special over the any other person "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" is absolutely insane and statist. Dead is dead, if a person gives their life providing service to the public it is no less than anybody else, claiming it is nothing more than hero worship.

Besides it being the same carp the anti's put out. "Only police should have guns" "Gun deaths are more deadly than other deaths" nothing but pure emotional BS.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hahaha you make me laugh. The original law though was limited to just Hitler...

Not so it would seem.

Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[SUP][/SUP][SUP][/SUP] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"[SUP][/SUP][SUP][/SUP]—​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

And this from the originator: .........[FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]the labeling of posters or their ideas as "similar to the Nazis" or "Hitler-like" was a recurrent and often predictable event.[/FONT]
http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/2.10/godwin.if.html

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Threads like this introducing volatile issues having nothing to do with RKBA or OC do nothing beneficial for the forum or our goals. Dividing us into pro or con camps does not promote the purposes of advancing our rights in conformity with OCDO mission.

Yes I know it is the Social Lounge, but it is still not an any goes zone.

This issue is therefore better left to other forums.

Locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.