Thread: Missouri OC

Missouri OC

As some may be aware, Missouri has recently lowered the CCW age to 19. I will be 19 in a few weeks and plan on taking advantage of this new law ASAP. Since June I have opened carried and have become fond of my side arm where it is. I feel as if concealing it would feel more uncomfortable and I was wondering if it would be a better idea to conceal when I'm legal or if I could remain open. I am new to this so all help would be appreciated

Welcome. I will give my 2c. Go ahead and get your CCP, and do both. I OC in summer or warmer days then CC when I need a coat. Also the CCP will allow you to carry legally in other states. you dont have to chose one over the other, its nice to have options.

Thats what I was thinking. Plus if I have my CC I can open carry in public places even if they have a restriction banner. "Why would you want to?" Because I like to get coffee from Starbucks and walk into a public library and possibly a hospital without having people freak out when they see my gun. I live in the southwestern part of Missouri and many people OC but I'm going to start going to College in Springfield and MSU permits CC and OC w/ CC permit. But as far as CC, my side arm is the G22 gen 3 in the picture and isn't easily concealed nor would it be comfortable to conceal w/o a large coat or jacket over it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharlemagne View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. Plus if I have my CC I can open carry in public places even if they have a restriction banner. "Why would you want to?" Because I like to get coffee from Starbucks and walk into a public library and possibly a hospital without having people freak out when they see my gun. I live in the southwestern part of Missouri and many people OC but I'm going to start going to College in Springfield and MSU permits CC and OC w/ CC permit. But as far as CC, my side arm is the G22 gen 3 in the picture and isn't easily concealed nor would it be comfortable to conceal w/o a large coat or jacket over it.
    ?? (my bold above)

How can people "freak out when they see (your) gun" if it's concealed?

I think the King has left the building...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I think the King has left the building...
    Drive by? Posted all on 12/23 & 12/24 - nada since.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Drive by? Posted all on 12/23 & 12/24 - nada since.
    Maybe they are awaiting for their data-plan to renew for the next cycle.

Chirp....Chirp.....
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain