Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Perceived Carry Decoys" No, Really. You've got to see this stuff.

"Perceived Carry Decoys" No, Really. You've got to see this stuff.

http://pcdcarry.com/index.html

What are Perceived Carry Decoys? We're glad you asked! Perceived Carry Decoys is a veteran owned entity that offers the worlds first and only way to exercise your 2nd amendment right, without the stigma or concerns associated with owning a gun.

PCD understands that not everyone is comfortable with owning an actual firearm. But why should those feelings affect your personal safety?
    Now they no longer have to. With the launch of Perceived Carry Decoys, you may now give off the appearance that you are toting serious heat, while in actuality you have nothing more than a one piece device attached to your hip that is as harmless as a cell phone.

You no longer have to worry about young children finding a loaded weapon. This all-in-one piece construction does not come apart. At a fraction of the price of a real firearm, you too may enjoy the benefits of carrying a weapon, without having to shell out hundreds(sometimes $1000's) of dollars for something that statistics show probably will not and/or should not be used.

A PCD device is meant to be a means of crime deterrent, rather than a means of self defense. After all, who's going to run up on a person with a gun?

While these are not actual firearms, their extreme resemblance to real guns tucked neatly in a holster may be enough to give you the jump on anyone who may wish to do you or your family harm.

The whole purpose of open carry is to give off the "don't mess with me" persona. The whole purpose of Perceived Carry Decoys is to give off the appearance that you too are ready for anyone, anywhere.
    Amazingly, it manages to go even farther downhill from there.

Now I'm not opposed to an ex-Marine making a buck to supplement the lack of a pension because he only served one tour. At least he does not come right out and call himself an "operator".

Sadly, there are folks out there that will buy into this, once they find out about it. A good number of them will probably be those that should not have guns in the first place - not real ones, not airsoft ones, not squirt guns, and not these ... these ... these "contraptions".

Einstein was right (even if he never said it): "There are only two things infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the first one."

I looked and looked but could not find a facepalm big enough for this.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

There is so much wrong with this. My brain hurts.

Banned

Legal disclaimer on web site - D'Oh !

legal
    Open carry is not legal in all states, and although these are not actual firearms, it is recommended to check with state and local laws before purchase. Even states which permit open carry may have restrictions on where it is allowed e.g. bars, banks, etc.

As always, if faced with a life threatening situation, seek safety first, then call 911

PCD assumes no responsibility for the use of these devices after purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by FBrinson View Post
    There is so much wrong with this. My brain hurts.
    You think your brain hurts now. Check him out at FB. But get decontaminated and de-programmed when you leave there.

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 12-25-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    http://pcdcarry.com/index.html

Amazingly, it manages to go even farther downhill from there.

Now I'm not opposed to an ex-Marine making a buck to supplement the lack of a pension because he only served one tour. At least he does not come right out and call himself an "operator".

Sadly, there are folks out there that will buy into this, once they find out about it. A good number of them will probably be those that should not have guns in the first place - not real ones, not airsoft ones, not squirt guns, and not these ... these ... these "contraptions".

Einstein was right (even if he never said it): "There are only two things infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the first one."

I looked and looked but could not find a facepalm big enough for this.

stay safe.
    So I guess I should return your Christmas gift then huh...

But he swore it instantly turned you into an operator. He even threw in a pair of Oakley's.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Gee whiz, folks! Doesn't anyone see how well this would compliment a CCW badge? /sarc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1419519329899.jpg 
Views:	652 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	12298

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    So I guess I should return your Christmas gift then huh...

But he swore it instantly turned you into an operator. He even threw in a pair of Oakley's.
    Prescription Oakleys?

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Gee whiz, folks! Doesn't anyone see how well this would compliment a CCW badge? /sarc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1419519329899.jpg 
Views:	652 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	12298
    Or they could just wear a Glock hat, Glock polo shirt and tacticool boots~~~~ and hang out at the mall.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I wonder how Sig and Fobus are going to react..........
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Prescription Oakleys?

stay safe.
    Dark tinted Oakleys...
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    I wonder how Sig and Fobus are going to react..........
    Well I am guessing the holsters are legit Fobus holsters, also guessing the guns are painted licensed non guns. I have a blackhawk sig for making holsters and it is licensed by sig, but it is grey. I would imagine that a non gun could get you shot just as easily as air soft gun could.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

...'the worlds first and only way to exercise your 2nd amendment right, without the stigma or concerns associated with owning a gun'....

What a Christmas present[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I actually think these are a pretty good idea in a Darwinesque sort of way.

Firearms and freedom can be compared metaphorically. A person who doesn't appreciate it enough to treat it responsibly probably shouldn't have it in the first place. Anyone who would realistically consider carrying one of these fake guns is too stupid to grasp the concept of responsibly carrying a real one. Similarly, if they don't understand the concept of liberty for all, they shouldn't be entrusted to represent those who do.

I highly reccommend that anyone seriously considering one of these things immediately take it to a Quick Trip near St. Louis and show the serial number to the first police officer they see as quickly as they can.

I think it's a joke; no, an actual joke, no products are actually available. If you 'add to cart' it's zero dollars.

Virtually spam.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Interesting tangent: unlicensed open carry is legal in Las Vegas, yet carrying/displaying fake firearms is NOT! They passed it last year because of street performers using fake guns. Granted, I hear there has been no enforcement of the new law.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

As several others have mentioned, it is most likely a joke site.
    That said, I would not be suprised to see something like this as it's not the first time I've come across the use of dummy guns/holsters.
    I work as a security officer and years ago when first entering the field I was active on a forum for security personel. There was a topic which came up regarding companies which issued revolvers which had been demilled in some way so that they could not be loaded or fired. The thread also discussed the practice of having revolvers in holsters which had been riveted closed so the gun could not be pulled from the holster. There were photos in the thread showing some examples of this as well as examples of guards carrying fake guns made of wood and spray painted black.
    Security companies which did this often sold the idea that the cliet would get the deterent effect of an "armed" officer without the fear of liability that some companies had regarding weapons in the business. The security companies could charge a client more than they would usually pay for an unarmed security guard. The security company also avoided the need to train, liscense and insure guards up to the requirements of the city or state regarding being armed. Of course the guards weren't paid as well as typical armed guards either since they weren't actually armed.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    I think it's a joke; no, an actual joke, no products are actually available. If you 'add to cart' it's zero dollars.
    12/16/20141 Comment

PCD is happy to announce its unveiling January 15, at the 2015 Small business expo in Miami next month. We will also be presenting our exciting new line of products to the producers of "Shark Tank!"

Not just a stupid idea........a felony stupid idea.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Just add the conceal carry badge!
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

All we need is for some asshat carrying a fake gun like that to get into a situation where there's a live shooter. When asked "why didn't you use your gun?" and they reply "because it's fake", it will begin the long slippery ride toward criminals thinking they can feel safe to carry out their crime when they see someone open carry.

On that fateful day, a true patriot will draw their actual weapon, point and shoot. Thus ending the at-that-point short-lived confidence increase of stupid criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
    All we need is for some asshat carrying a fake gun like that to get into a situation where there's a live shooter. When asked "why didn't you use your gun?" and they reply "because it's fake", it will begin the long slippery ride toward criminals thinking they can feel safe to carry out their crime when they see someone open carry.

On that fateful day, a true patriot will draw their actual weapon, point and shoot. Thus ending the at-that-point short-lived confidence increase of stupid criminals.
    Just to be clear, I'm not saying I wouldn't draw and fire my gun on an active shooter but I know of no law requiring me to get involved. Sure I would more than likely do so on moral grounds but if there's a chance of me getting out of the area and that does not involve closing with the shooter and killing him with my gun then I could choose to flee instead of fight.
    IF, after a live shooter incident someone asks "why didn't you use your gun?" I could just as easilly reply, ""because I decided to get the heck out of there instead of engage in a firefight. Why didn't you stay and shoot it out with him?". Of course I expect that the answer would be something like "Because I wasn't carrying a gun." followed by me staring at that person and responding "Well, that's a choice you made. You decided not to be armed but that doesn't mean I'm obligated in any way to make up for your lack of responsibility toward your personal safety."
    I don't carry to protect other citizens. I am not a public servant anymore. I refuse the title of Sheepdog. I carry to take care of myself. My gun on my hip is no different than the spare tire and lug wrench in my car trunk. I can choose to pull over and help someone stranded on the side of the highway and have done so many times. I have also driven by and thought, I took the time to prepare for my trip, they need to have done the same before getting on the road.
    I work nights and have had coworkers ask to borrow my flashlight. I ask them, "Where is your flashlight?". "Oh, I don't carry one. I figured if I need one I'd borrow yours." Uh,,,No. Get Bent.
    Why didn't I use my gun? Where the heck is your gun and why didn't you use it? No, don't bother answering that. I don't care.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by sraacke View Post
    Just to be clear, I'm not saying I wouldn't draw and fire my gun on an active shooter but I know of no law requiring me to get involved. Sure I would more than likely do so on moral grounds but if there's a chance of me getting out of the area and that does not involve closing with the shooter and killing him with my gun then I could choose to flee instead of fight.
    IF, after a live shooter incident someone asks "why didn't you use your gun?" I could just as easilly reply, ""because I decided to get the heck out of there instead of engage in a firefight. Why didn't you stay and shoot it out with him?". Of course I expect that the answer would be something like "Because I wasn't carrying a gun." followed by me staring at that person and responding "Well, that's a choice you made. You decided not to be armed but that doesn't mean I'm obligated in any way to make up for your lack of responsibility toward your personal safety."
    I don't carry to protect other citizens. I am not a public servant anymore. I refuse the title of Sheepdog. I carry to take care of myself. My gun on my hip is no different than the spare tire and lug wrench in my car trunk. I can choose to pull over and help someone stranded on the side of the highway and have done so many times. I have also driven by and thought, I took the time to prepare for my trip, they need to have done the same before getting on the road.
    I work nights and have had coworkers ask to borrow my flashlight. I ask them, "Where is your flashlight?". "Oh, I don't carry one. I figured if I need one I'd borrow yours." Uh,,,No. Get Bent.
    Why didn't I use my gun? Where the heck is your gun and why didn't you use it? No, don't bother answering that. I don't care.
    +1
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

IF, after a live shooter incident someone asks "why didn't you use your gun?" I could just as easilly reply, ""because I decided to get the heck out of there instead of engage in a firefight. Why didn't you stay and shoot it out with him?".
    Well yes, you being someone not likely to carry a fake.

I was just attempting to stretch my mind into that of someone who might actually think a fake is a good thing.

In that case, I would then need to venture a guess they'd be lacking intelligence to the point where they'd blurt out how it was fake. Because you know, embarrassment and their machismo having been wounded would likely have turned them back into their sheeple self...

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I wouldn't draw and fire my gun on an active shooter but I know of no law requiring me to get involved. ....
    Plus infinity times infinity!

We have discussed just who we are carrying to defend against imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury. Most of us agree that if we are not fully aware of all the circumstances of an incident involving someone outside our "circle/tribe" we are probably better off being a good witness.

Folks who do not carry occassionally tell me they are not worried because I do carry and will be around to protect them. The expression on their face when I explain why I cannot be their personal body guard is truely prescious.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

State Researcher
    So I expect to catch all kinds of grief over this, but, with asbestos suit fully zipped....

I see some possible upside uses for these things, though not the ones the seller intended. Bear with me just a moment.

With the exception of the law in Vegas against carrying fake guns mentioned here, how many locations actually have laws against carrying a fake gun? I wonder if these might not be useful for some of the public education provided by OC but in locations where carrying (open or otherwise) a real gun would violate various statutes.

Or, put another way, how would the authorities respond if these became so common in a given area where actual OC was illegal (but carrying a fake gun was not perfectly legal) that they simply couldn't stop and check every person carrying one? Twenty-plus years ago when public key cryptography first became available, some folks argued that if every email everyone sent was encrypted, no matter how mundane, those inclined to eavesdrop on emails would be overwhelmed even if they did have the ability to decrypt some number of emails. More importantly, if encryption were as common for email as envelopes are for letters, it would be very difficult for snoopes to determine which emails warranted their attention vs which ones didn't.

Obviously, widespread encryption of email hasn't caught on. And I don't expect these fake guns will either.

But one final angle to consider. What with the TSA generally requiring locks they can open on any checked luggage, there are certain benefits to having a firearm in your checked bagged. TSA searches the bag and you get to put areal lock on it before the baggage handles take possession. I've seen some discussion among photographers and others who need to check bags with expensive equipment wondering whether it would make sense to include a gun in those bags so as to be able to use a real lock. Some have considered using a flare gun or starter's pistol for travel to those locations where a real gun might be problematic. A fake gun, that happened to look real on an X-ray and look real at first glance, might be even better in some situations.

As far as actually OCing one of these things? I thought running around with fake guns on your hip was something most folks outgrew by about age 7 when the luster wore off their last set of cap pistols.

Charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast