Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This video makes zero sense! 1911 vs Glock!

Activist Member

This video makes zero sense! 1911 vs Glock!

This guy states no information that would make his argument valid when it comes to Glock vs 1911. He made claims stating changing the grip on the 1911 would mess with it and cause it to stove pipe/ or failure to feed. He also stated he rarely sees anyone in his class use a 1911 and not have issues with it. I can't figure out if this guy is ranting due to having a bad 1911 or he's a huge egotistic fan boy of Glock. Figure I post this to see what you all think he's trying to throw out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJj90eNIfE

PS: Ignore the typo in "Make's" in the title....didn't realize I stuck that in it.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-26-2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Fixed title
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

"Runaway" is a moron who gets his rocks off insulting people. But yea he is also a Glock fanboi. The only thing he is really an expert on is running away from a fight. Which is not a bad thing unless you are getting paid not to run away.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I'll bet that's an Affliction or a Tap Out shirt. Classic. I'll bet he colors in the etchings on his Glock slide with Crayon too.

I own both and love both. The 1911 is a classic. It's also nothing like a Glock.

That being said, I hate to admit it, but if I were pressed really hard to make a choice between the 2 knowing I would be going into combat I would choose the Glock. I like my Glock/1911 both for different reasons.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    <snip>
    PS: Ignore the typo in "Make's" in the title....didn't realize I stuck that in it.
    What typo?

I aint no gramer nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    What typo?

I aint no gramer nazi.
    Its "I isn't no gramma nassi" .

Weak sauce.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Yeager is always very opinionated. But sometimes he manages to allow some facts to exit his rant. I own two 1911's and I can say without equivocation that neither one of them has given any cause for concern. But then, I haven't put thousands of rounds through either of them. Were I to have to choose between a Glock and a 1911 if the SHTF, I would pick up on of my Glocks hands down. Can't say for certain which one but several would be the better idea.

I tend to take Mr. Yeager's comments with some reservation after having viewed his video in which he states that the .40S&W sucks. That pretty much told me how to view his opinions.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Yet another example of my opinion is more important than yours and you are stupid if you disagree with me.

Insted of just saying find a quality firearm that fits you and learn how to use and train, practice, practice, train, practice....
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

People like Yeager seem to overlook the fact that only Glock is making Glock firearms and Glock magazines for said firearms, something which greatly increases the likelihood that all parts are in spec and in-line with the intended design.

In order to make a fair comparison, let's wait til "Glock-style" firearms are made by 3,000 different companies who all have slightly different takes on the angles and internal geometries, and try to feed them with "Glock-style" magazines with different followers and feed lip geometries.
    /mini-rant

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    SNIP... find a quality firearm that fits you and learn how to use and train, practice, practice, train, practice....
    Nonsense! Everyone knows looking bad@$$ is FAR more important than having quality gear and knowing how to use it.
    That said, Yeager will drop a small nugget of insightful commentary once every blue moon.

For everyone's viewing pleasure, here's a video that explains what it means to be tactical (rated PG-13):
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 12-28-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Mini-rant
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

A good 1911 is a good defensive side arm as is a Glock .

There probably more bad 1911s out there then there are bad Glocks just because the design has been around for a lot longer and almost every body and his brother thinks that they can make one.

As the Glock is still made and controlled by the same company some Glock knocks off have not fared as well

The 1911 has evolved into a good handgun that can use all kinds of bullet designs.

The early ones did not always feed flat nose or hollow points bullets with out feed ramp work.

As other bullet designs have become common the 1911 design has been adapted to feed all types.

If you want to give me a good reliable 1911 I'll gladly take it and carry it once in a while.

I prefer and carry a Glock more then others for many reasons and I do own and carry many other types models of handguns.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 12-31-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Bottom line is that it is whatever you can afford and feel comfortable with. Not everyone is blessed with unlimited funds.

I have had the distasteful and highly dubious pleasure of crossing paths with both Mr. Yeager and his fellow traveler, Mr. Pincus. To say the very least, I was not impressed with either of them. Most of the folks on here have a much better grasp of defensive firearms use and definitely of the realities of open carry.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Bottom line is that it is whatever you can afford and feel comfortable with. Not everyone is blessed with unlimited funds.

I have had the distasteful and highly dubious pleasure of crossing paths with both Mr. Yeager and his fellow traveler, Mr. Pincus. To say the very least, I was not impressed with either of them. Most of the folks on here have a much better grasp of defensive firearms use and definitely of the realities of open carry.
    Yea but we are not tactikewl, well most of us...
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Yea but we are not tactikewl, well most of us...
    Thank the Deity of your choice!! I can't stand that "I'm tactikewl, so I'm better than you" attitude.
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Glocks are known to bust a cap all by themselves...usually after being handled in a manner the Glock does not appreciate.

My 1911A1 has yet to bust a cap just cuz it gets mistreated from time to time.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Glocks are known to bust a cap all by themselves...usually after being handled in a manner the Glock does not appreciate.

Like to hear how this is possible... assuming the internal mechanisms have not been so altered as to render the gun untrustworthy.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by oc for me View Post
    glocks are known to bust a cap all by themselves...usually after being handled in a manner the glock does not appreciate.

my 1911a1 has yet to bust a cap just cuz it gets mistreated from time to time.
    bull!

I tossed my Glock off a 5 story balcony where it was subsequently run over by a cement truck. Luckily I made it down the stairs in time to pick it up and take out 13 bad guys at once...with 11 perfectly placed shots. No major malfunctions.

/s

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I tossed my Glock off a 5 story balcony where it was subsequently run over by a cement truck. Luckily I made it down the stairs in time to pick it up and take out 13 bad guys at once...with 11 perfectly placed shots. No major malfunctions.

/s
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post

/s
    Must have been your model 20 10mm that you dream of. Or was all of it in your dreams I could see 12 bad guys but 13 that's stretching things a bit. Now 13 with your 460 might account for 2 with each shot.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Must have been your model 20 10mm that you dream of. Or was all of it in your dreams I could see 12 bad guys but 13 that's stretching things a bit. Now 13 with your 460 might account for 2 with each shot.

Only took 7 shots, that's right! Still had 2 left! I remember clearing the one in the chamber for the arriving officer to view the Rowland cartridge in all its glory (after obvious curiosity) and still having one in the mag, just in case...

μολὼν λαβέ

Sorry, Glock fans, but I don't want a gun I clean by putting it in the dishwasher!!

Seriously, I guess it's my Army training, but I am just not comfortable with a pistol that does not have a regular safety on it. I carry either a Ruger P89 or a .45 ACP clone of a Combat Commander. On the Ruger, the safety is also a decocker. The .45, of course, is carried cocked and locked.

For you guys who like and carry Glocks; more power to you. They're just not my cup of tea, but I do understand that they are a quality, reliable weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Sorry, Glock fans, but I don't want a gun I clean by putting it in the dishwasher!!

Seriously, I guess it's my Army training, but I am just not comfortable with a pistol that does not have a regular safety on it. I carry either a Ruger P89 or a .45 ACP clone of a Combat Commander. On the Ruger, the safety is also a decocker. The .45, of course, is carried cocked and locked.

For you guys who like and carry Glocks; more power to you. They're just not my cup of tea, but I do understand that they are a quality, reliable weapon.
    I was shooting my G37 today, it has a frightening light trigger, as light as my 1911. The part that is tricky it is like a compound bow, as you pull the trigger it reverse stacks getting lighter. That is why I call it a light switch trigger, once you go so far it just trips. I am used to it, but for many people that could be dangerous, with a Glock it is a must to keep the finger off the trigger until absolutely sure you are going to shoot. A sneeze could cause a ND by reflex. Glocks are not for everybody, though that is what many newbies want.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

James Yeager is one of the biggest asshats in the gun community.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    bull!
    http://www.glockforum.com/Police-Chi...s-the-gun.html

I'm sure there are more examples, not many to be sure.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    This guy states no information that would make his argument valid when it comes to Glock vs 1911. He made claims stating changing the grip on the 1911 would mess with it and cause it to stove pipe/ or failure to feed. He also stated he rarely sees anyone in his class use a 1911 and not have issues with it. I can't figure out if this guy is ranting due to having a bad 1911 or he's a huge egotistic fan boy of Glock. Figure I post this to see what you all think he's trying to throw out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJj90eNIfE
    I could care less how many thousands of students have fired how many millions of rounds in his classes, or that he was involved in military action on multiple continents including the North American continent as a police officer.

His "observations" are anecdotal, at best. He knows nothing of statistics, and his heavily biased in his opinion.

In short, while one should not merely dismiss his opinion, as he has indeed had a good deal of experience, he's not the only on who has had a good deal of experience. Proper use of statistics would poll perhaps a thousand people like him and see what they all said.

I guarantee you'd get quite a few people with equal experience who disagreed with his opinion.

For example, I haven't fired anywhere near the number of weapons he has, but I have fired over thirty different makes and models of handguns. I don't need to have fired every make and model on the planet to form an informed opinion of what I like, what I don't like, and why.

I don't like Glocks. I like my CZ. That's my opinion, and it's as well-qualified as I need it to be.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Bolding and underlining emphasis mine.

In reply to the bolded portion above:
    Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    bull!
    http://www.glockforum.com/Police-Chi...s-the-gun.html

I'm sure there are more examples, not many to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    While stopped at a local gun shop to check out newer model Glocks, Counceller accidentally shot himself in the leg with his own. While it's not clear what model he carried, by process of elimination we can surmise that it's a Gen 2 or 3 G22, 23, 24, or 27

"It got tangled in my clothing," Counceller said of the incident, "I was wearing a sweatshirt and a fleece jacket. I felt (the gun) go in the holster and I pushed it, but it was tangled in the material, which caused it to discharge. The bullet went into my leg and then into the floor."
    The mayor of Connersville, Leonard Urban, defended the chief and "It was just a little accident. Dave is an excellent marksman," Urban said Monday. "Apparently the Glocks don't have the trigger safety that they should have." SNIP...
    Just throwing in my two centavos:
    Seems like something may have gotten into the trigger guard area, pulling the trigger as the sidearm was being holstered; I believe this kind of phenomenon is what OC For ME was alluding to when he said "usually after being handled in a manner the Glock does not appreciate." It could also explain the "" face.

I'll join in friendly jesting of these prominent Tupperware pistols any day, but I respect the reliability of the general design of Glock and most other pistols (quality, operable, maintained pistols; "QOMPs"). This includes the acknowledgement that Glocks and "QOMPs" very rarely "go off by themselves" (as in, resulting from a mechanical failure), but instead have the expected internal movements resulting from the actuation of the trigger (whether the trigger is actuated consciously or unconsciously by a human, or even my an inanimate object, is another matter).
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 01-08-2015 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Clarification through formatting
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast