• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The best gun related Christmas present I have recieved to date.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I unwrapped a Maryland Gun Works Sight Pro. Today... If you aren't familiar here is a brief demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqFn8KXuNJ0

After years of putting them in out with a hammer and punch, I have finally entered the civilized world. when sights are positioned on the slide of a pistol, there is only one position your sights can occupy on your slide that is correct. It appears that in the gun industry, close is good enough. Factory sights at at .020-.030 off, If you have a good gunsmith put on your night sights you will be as close as .010... In my opinion that is wrong. Depending on the distance between your sights, that can equal 2 inches at 25 yards or more.

So I wanted a sight picture I can trust, while I have not addressed elevation, I intend to soon. One of the reasons I asked Santa for this tool, is it is universal, and I can hook up my friends. I have the Jigs for about 13 popular models, looking to get more. If you want to install night sights, or XS big dots, let me know. will work for beer, or more of the jigs.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Take mail order?

Sure, send me the slide (s) and sights, I will install them pronto and send em back, It would be great if you sent me a return label with the original shipment. I currently have jigs for the following pistols:

• All Glock’s, including G42
• All Springfield XD’s including (S) models
• All Smith and Wesson M&P, including Shield
• Colt 1911(clones and Sig Sauer)
• Berretta 92
• Kimber Ultra Carry II
• Bersa Thunder 9
• FN 9mm/.40 cal. ( FNP, FNS, FNX ) Forty Nine
• Ruger P series
• Sig Sauer ( P220, P225, P239, P226, 228, 229)

DON`T TREAD ON ME

The PM's I have received, are similar, so I thought it best to Share.

I chuck the slide in my vice with straight aluminum jaws. I can measure the distance between the sight and jaws with dial calipers. I note the left, and right side measurements, as well as the discrepancy. Divide the discrepancy by 2 and you have the distance that your sight needs to move.

In front of me I have a Kahr arms CW .45 The rear sight measures .140 (L) and .130 (R) requiring the sight to be moved .005 to the left. If left alone, (assuming the front sight is correct) the gun will shoot left of aim. How far? Lets use 10 yards, (360 inches.) Next measure the distance between the rear of the front sight, and the rear of the back sight (sight radius). since we know the Kahr rear sight needs to move .005 to the left, here is the math.

.005 Divided by 5.25 (sight radius) x distance (360) = discrepancy in this case .342 meaning the bullet will impact approx 3/8ths of an inch left at 10 yds.

Doesn't sound like too big of a deal? remember that is just one of the sights, If the front sight is off the same amount to the right, the distance doubles, or to the left, your sight picture does not match your results. The last scenario can be even worse, as your brain resigns itself to guessing.

Once finished with the left Right Axis, you can work the up down axis.

The importance of this with a self defense gun is negligible when utilized in self defense. the benefits appear in training The hole in your target magically appears right where your last sight picture was. helping troubleshoot bad habits etc. leaving you with a tangible diagnosis. Since I started fine tuning my sights, my shooting has greatly improved.

Raleigh

Does it count if you bought it for yourself?

colt-delta-1.jpg