• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Open Carrier!

Lafayette

Hey everyone!

On the 24th of December I woke up to the best pre-Christmas gift Uncle Sam could have ever given me.. I finally received my Permanent Residency AKA Green Card.

So what did I do? Why, I did what any other red blooded man would and went to my nearest sports store, bought an OWB holster and slipped it on my belt, then I took my Caracal C out of the glove compartment and holstered it for the first time and have been open carrying every day since.

I've carried it in Walmarts, Best Buys, banks and even a hipster grocery store that my wife seems to like without any issues so far.

I've lived in constitutional monarchies, totalitarian monarchies, tyrannical dictatorships and have never been more happy or proud and happy than I am here.

God Bless America

FLAG-CONSTITUTIONshutterstock_31138111-1.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to the forum Lafayette! Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de Lafayette, Marquis de Lafayette is one of my favorite people from the founding of our country. + Congratulations on your pre Christmas present!

If you are not a member of VCDL, please consider joining - at least sign up for the free Va-Alerts.

Mark your calender for Jan.19,2015 - LobbyDay at the General Assembly Bldg. in Richmond.

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Sooo, something you should have known..

If you were in the USA and in VA, legally,
Then you already knew that you could own a gun, and you did own a gun!
Anybody that is old enough can open carry a gun in Va.
Getting a green card has nothing to do with gun carry.

Next time you want to open carry,, do NOT carry ANY ID with you! We call it Sterile Carry..
ID nor Green cards are needed!

Lafayette

Sooo, something you should have known..

If you were in the USA and in VA, legally,
Then you already knew that you could own a gun, and you did own a gun!
Anybody that is old enough can open carry a gun in Va.
Getting a green card has nothing to do with gun carry.

Next time you want to open carry,, do NOT carry ANY ID with you! We call it Sterile Carry..
ID nor Green cards are needed!

Thank you for your reply. Actually I did know it but had only just moved to VA from another state where OC was illegal but CC was legal (but you have to have a Green Card to have CC).

Sterile carry sounds good.. I might do that also.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not trying to be a wet blanket, but ,,,

Aren't you required to carry your Green Card at all times?

stay safe.

HPmatt

Welcome aboard!

I have not been there yet to see it in person but the US would not be here if not for the help of Britain's enemy France, and the influence of the Marquis, who became the son Geo. Washington never had.

http://youtu.be/o2wlALvJNdQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome aboard!

I have not been there yet to see it in person but the US would not be here if not for the help of Britain's enemy France, and the influence of the Marquis, who became the son Geo. Washington never had.

http://youtu.be/o2wlALvJNdQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hasn't been too long since a French Reporter came over here to interview some of Virginia's women who OC.

Fine looking woman as I recall! :)
Vive jolie femme à la recherche

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It hasn't been too long since a French Reporter came over here to interview some of Virginia's women who OC.

Fine looking woman as I recall! :)
Vive jolie femme à la recherche
Remember that well - many women who carry showed up at RCD to be interviewed, 3 gun Kim and DoubleTap spent considerable time with her after the meet up. Unfortunately, the reporter did not keep her promise to send us info or a disk as to how we might see the final cut version of their presentation on European TV.

She did have a certain charm though :)

Lafayette

Jefferson and Madison are perhaps my favorite of the Founding Fathers, but Lafayette is very dear to my heart. The reason for this is that he showed that one doesn't have to come from the US to believe in it, to fight for it, to want liberty for it and to be prepared to die for it. He was a truly noble and honorable revolutionary and a passionate gentleman.

Rusty Young Man

Jefferson and Madison are perhaps my favorite of the Founding Fathers, but Lafayette is very dear to my heart. The reason for this is that he showed that one doesn't have to come from the US to believe in it, to fight for it, to want liberty for it and to be prepared to die for it. He was a truly noble and honorable revolutionary and a passionate gentleman.

Hear hear! Welcome home, my friend.:) You're an American by choice, but the seed was always there.

Please accept this hearty welcome to OCDO from a member in sunny, dry Arizona.

Arma1911

Lafayette,

A hearty congratualations and warm welcome to OCDO and the freedom of OCing. We are happy you are here and look forward to crossing paths with you; whether it be a VCDL event, Lobby Day, OC breakfast/dinner, gunshow, etc.

Please keep up the good work and post when you can. Hopefully, it will encourage others in your area to do the same.

va_tazdad

Welcome aboard. Sorry for the delay in welcoming you, but it has been a busy time of year.

Please feel free to come to Richmond and join us for saturday breakfast or one of the monthly dinners. All are welcome and much can be learned from our regular meetings and members.

;>)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Some claim Hoppes #9 has medicinal properties - its effectiveness as an aphrodisiac is well known. :p

del GOD

True red blooded american.

welcome fellow gun toten american! i find it very cool how happy you are about open carry! sometimes i do but im c.c.w certified through my local and federal juristiction. so i just applied for my concealed and boom! IM PACKEN! however guns are the best thing that could have happened to a guy who used to have a bad attitude period. i don't fight,i keep calm,i have a new sense of responsibility,almost almost like the feeling when i held my son for the first time and our eyes met. that excited happy emotionally stable and all around happy about life feeling.(btw i love my guns) even my little guy always talks about" when i get bigger daddy we go shoot boom booms in the mountians" as i replie with a biggo smile yes son with his nerf rifle leaning up beside my AR-15'S. SO GUNS GAVE ME A WAY TO VENT WHEN TRAINING,AND NOW I FIND MYSELF BEING A BIGGO TACTICAL NERD AS WE ARE OFTEN REFERED TO. I GOT IT ALL. THE F.L.I.R NIGHTVISION SCOPES,THE BIPOD'S EXTRA DETENT SPRINGS,QUAD RAILS,45 DEGREE MOUNT IRON SIGHTS,THE SCABBARDS AND TAC VESTS AND PLATE CARRIER VEST. BUG OUT BAGS, I COULD GO ON BUT LETS JUST HAVING 60 PLUS loaded Pmag's is not enough,too many glock mags to count and well yes it is hoarding kind of but some people invest in gold as to were i buy ammo! anyways i wanted to welcome you here and as getting your card,so basically brings atear to my eye to see your all grown now haha but really RIGHT ON BROTHER! YOUR RIGHTS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON BY ANY LOCAL OR FEDERAL AUTHOURITY. CONSTITUTION IS A BEAUTIFUL THING I WISH MORE WOULD EMBRACE WHAT OUR COUNTRY IS BASED ON. AND ALL THE SOLDIERS SACRAFICED SO WE CAN BE PART OF A FREE WORLD AND HAVE RIGHTS! WAYYY TO MUCH BLOOD HAS SPILLED OVERSEAS DURING TIMES OF WAR FOR US TO SIT BACK AND LET THE 2ND 3RD 4TH 5TH HELL ANY ADMENT BE BROKEN OR CHANGED LIKE WE HAVE PEOPLE TRYING TO DO....THIS IS AMERICA JACK, LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE!