• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Open Carrier!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
welcome fellow gun toten american! i find it very cool how happy you are about open carry! sometimes i do but im c.c.w certified through my local and federal juristiction.

Say effing WHAT? When did a federal concealed carry permit become available? Which agency issues it? What states recognize it? How many box tops do I need to send in to get one?

so i just applied for my concealed and boom! IM PACKEN! however guns are the best thing that could have happened to a guy who used to have a bad attitude period. i don't fight,i keep calm,i have a new sense of responsibility,almost almost like the feeling when i held my son for the first time and our eyes met. that excited happy emotionally stable and all around happy about life feeling.(btw i love my guns) even my little guy always talks about" when i get bigger daddy we go shoot boom booms in the mountians" as i replie with a biggo smile yes son with his nerf rifle leaning up beside my AR-15'S.

SO GUNS GAVE ME A WAY TO VENT WHEN TRAINING,AND NOW I FIND MYSELF BEING A BIGGO TACTICAL NERD AS WE ARE OFTEN REFERED TO. I GOT IT ALL. THE F.L.I.R NIGHTVISION SCOPES,THE BIPOD'S EXTRA DETENT SPRINGS,QUAD RAILS,45 DEGREE MOUNT IRON SIGHTS,THE SCABBARDS AND TAC VESTS AND PLATE CARRIER VEST. BUG OUT BAGS, I COULD GO ON BUT LETS JUST HAVING 60 PLUS loaded Pmag's is not enough,too many glock mags to count and well yes it is hoarding kind of but some people invest in gold as to were i buy ammo!

There are prepper and doomsday forums where you might find more people who share these particular "enthusiasms". Most folks here carry for the defense of self and other innocents, not to go to war.

anyways i wanted to welcome you here and as getting your card,so basically brings atear to my eye to see your all grown now haha but really RIGHT ON BROTHER! YOUR RIGHTS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON BY ANY LOCAL OR FEDERAL AUTHOURITY. CONSTITUTION IS A BEAUTIFUL THING I WISH MORE WOULD EMBRACE WHAT OUR COUNTRY IS BASED ON. AND ALL THE SOLDIERS SACRAFICED SO WE CAN BE PART OF A FREE WORLD AND HAVE RIGHTS! WAYYY TO MUCH BLOOD HAS SPILLED OVERSEAS DURING TIMES OF WAR FOR US TO SIT BACK AND LET THE 2ND 3RD 4TH 5TH HELL ANY ADMENT BE BROKEN OR CHANGED LIKE WE HAVE PEOPLE TRYING TO DO....THIS IS AMERICA JACK, LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE!

'Murica! (/sarcasm)

twoskinsonemanns

There are prepper and doomsday forums where you might find more people who share these particular "enthusiasms". Most folks here carry for the defense of self and other innocents, not to go to war.

Yes quite so. You have too many or the wrong type of guns you're not welcome here.

BillHoo

FAA - pilots can be authorized to carry.

Sounds like a hurdle that DC would impose: CCW may only be issued to DC citizens who have current FAA Comercial Pilots license.

And if they did that, I'm sure there would be a run up on commercial pilot license training courses!:D

The Truth

welcome fellow gun toten american! i find it very cool how happy you are about open carry! sometimes i do but im c.c.w certified through my local and federal juristiction. so i just applied for my concealed and boom! IM PACKEN! however guns are the best thing that could have happened to a guy who used to have a bad attitude period. i don't fight,i keep calm,i have a new sense of responsibility,almost almost like the feeling when i held my son for the first time and our eyes met. that excited happy emotionally stable and all around happy about life feeling.(btw i love my guns) even my little guy always talks about" when i get bigger daddy we go shoot boom booms in the mountians" as i replie with a biggo smile yes son with his nerf rifle leaning up beside my AR-15'S. SO GUNS GAVE ME A WAY TO VENT WHEN TRAINING,AND NOW I FIND MYSELF BEING A BIGGO TACTICAL NERD AS WE ARE OFTEN REFERED TO. I GOT IT ALL. THE F.L.I.R NIGHTVISION SCOPES,THE BIPOD'S EXTRA DETENT SPRINGS,QUAD RAILS,45 DEGREE MOUNT IRON SIGHTS,THE SCABBARDS AND TAC VESTS AND PLATE CARRIER VEST. BUG OUT BAGS, I COULD GO ON BUT LETS JUST HAVING 60 PLUS loaded Pmag's is not enough,too many glock mags to count and well yes it is hoarding kind of but some people invest in gold as to were i buy ammo! anyways i wanted to welcome you here and as getting your card,so basically brings atear to my eye to see your all grown now haha but really RIGHT ON BROTHER! YOUR RIGHTS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON BY ANY LOCAL OR FEDERAL AUTHOURITY. CONSTITUTION IS A BEAUTIFUL THING I WISH MORE WOULD EMBRACE WHAT OUR COUNTRY IS BASED ON. AND ALL THE SOLDIERS SACRAFICED SO WE CAN BE PART OF A FREE WORLD AND HAVE RIGHTS! WAYYY TO MUCH BLOOD HAS SPILLED OVERSEAS DURING TIMES OF WAR FOR US TO SIT BACK AND LET THE 2ND 3RD 4TH 5TH HELL ANY ADMENT BE BROKEN OR CHANGED LIKE WE HAVE PEOPLE TRYING TO DO....THIS IS AMERICA JACK, LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE!

11goho6.jpg

*SALUTE*

The Truth

Glock owners are tolerated here...just barely. ;)

Sig hasn't released the 10mm yet...I couldn't wait! :banana:

I might hold out for the double stack stainless P227 in 10mm (I'm praying this is phase 2 of Sig's 10mm campaign) as opposed to hopping on the P220 10mm bandwagon when they release it hopefully this month. It'll be tough though...I just sold my old Suburban. I can't justify going from 15+1 to 9+1 just to carry a Sig, even though I am a Sig guy through and through.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
FAA - pilots can be authorized to carry.

Flight Deck Officers are allowed to carry the issued handgun inside a locked hardside flight case, along with their maps and checklists and such. They are authorized to unlock the hardside flight case once the reinforced secure cockpit door has been closed and locked, but may not remove the handgun from the hardside flight case unless there is an attempt to force the cockpit door. Flight Deck Officers are not permitted to take the authorized handgun out of the cockpit. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/49/44921 - Section (b) (3) (G)

Also note that the Flight Deck Officer's handgun is padlocked to the holster. http://radioviceonline.com/armed-pilots-whats-up-with-the-federal-flight-deck-officers-program/

Makes you feel real safe, doesn't it, knowing Flight Deck Officers are armed.:uhoh:

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
im c.c.w certified through my local and federal juristiction.

Still waiting to find out about this "federal jurisdiction" CCW "certification".

If it turns out to have anything to do with gold fringe on the flag there will be mayhem.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Still waiting to find out about this "federal jurisdiction" CCW "certification".

If it turns out to have anything to do with gold fringe on the flag there will be mayhem.

stay safe.

Kinda interested in that too Skid. Where does one get these Bonafidees? Maybe at the Post Office where they sell Duck Stamps?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Lafayette, there will be a bus going from Harrisonburg to the Virginia Citizens Defense League's celebration of Lobby Day on January 19. Here is the info. You would not be the only immigrant there!

Lafayette

That sounds great. I wonder, will people be open carrying their rifles to the VCDL dinner and meeting?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
That sounds great. I wonder, will people be open carrying their rifles to the VCDL dinner and meeting?

Probably not many. That should not stop you if that's your thing.

But do remember that you are responsible for the behavior of your rifle's muzzle.

stay safe.

(Not sure which dinner you are referring to - the dinner on the 13th is not a VCDL event.)