Thread: another Texas open carrier falsely arrested

another Texas open carrier falsely arrested

No audio - whats the story here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    No audio - whats the story here?

I had audio, maybe try it again, or use a different browser.

I do wish the victim had refrained from profanity, being polite would have made the officers seem even more foolish.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

The courts have ruled the cops don't have to know the laws; they can arrest you for they think the law should be and it is no harm now foul you sorry little pee-on.

oh yeah - there is the potty mouth audio - black powder or not gets a free trip to the pokey...Merry Christmas, hot wassail and gingerbread cookies from the Harris county jail staff!!

“Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Campaign Veteran
    Harris County Jail?

Yes, that sounds familiar...but I suppose it's changed a lot since I was there so many years ago. ;-)

Or has it?
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

not true

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    The courts have ruled the cops don't have to know the laws; they can arrest you for they think the law should be and it is no harm now foul you sorry little pee-on.
    The individual cops may get off the hook from liability, but their department is still responsible for the actions of their employees if a false arrest was made for failing the properly train and supervise the cops involved. I see a $20K payday in the making here if the guy arrested is right about the law, and they kept him arrested for more than a few minutes. Here is a perfect case of why you should keep your mouth shut once they put handcuffs on you, he did not help his case at all, and gave the cops a excuse he was also disturbing the peace with all the profanity.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Chalk up two more OC arrests in Arlington

You'd think that they'd have learned by now to not make unlawful arrests for legal OC after failed prosecutions, but that's only if you misunderstand the situation. It's never been about prosecution, it's been about persecution. The police, too often, in cases like these are people that detest being help accountable for their actions, especially by citizens that they feel are beneath them.

You can see video of one of these recent arrests here, where a man is arrested for nothing but completely lawful actions: filming the police, carrying a replica pre-1899 black powder pistol in a holster. The police decided they didn't want to be filmed anymore, and made a false arrest to persecute those making them uncomfortably accountable. Later, as per usual, they had to conspire as to what charges to change to since their original reason for the arrest, which I believe was unlawful carrying weapons, they knew to be completely bogus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfqDDn5Sq9I
    Advocate freedom please

Oops I just made a thread in Texas subforum about this. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...s-in-Arlington

Didn't know someone would beat me to it

"I see a $20K payday in the making here if the guy arrested is right about the law, and they kept him arrested for more than a few minutes."

He is right about the law, and they booked him, so yes, it was more than a few minutes.

These cops know better, but it isn't about prosecution, it's about persecution.
    Advocate freedom please

I wish he had not used the profanity, the prosecutor will play on that to get sympathy for the state from a jury.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I wish he had not used the profanity, the prosecutor will play on that to get sympathy for the state from a jury.
    True that I'd prefer the profanity be avoided, but the city has absolutely no case either way.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/arl...-charges-jail/
    Advocate freedom please

Oh - Arlington - got a ride to their new jail.

-Thomas Hobbes 1651

What were the new charges?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

INTERFERENCE WITH PUBLIC DUTIES
    http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...E.38.htm#38.15

Edit: of course these charges are really just as bogus.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 12-28-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Shouldn't the police be the ones being charged with interference with public duties? They had to duty to be doing what they were doing BEFORE they accosted someone not doing anything, right?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Oops I just made a thread in Texas subforum about this. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...s-in-Arlington

Didn't know someone would beat me to it

"I see a $20K payday in the making here if the guy arrested is right about the law, and they kept him arrested for more than a few minutes."

He is right about the law, and they booked him, so yes, it was more than a few minutes.

These cops know better, but it isn't about prosecution, it's about persecution.
    Merged the 2 threads - placed in the Texas sub-forum as the laws involved are state specific.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

In the other arrest I referred to, there was apparently no OC. So, 'chalk up two more oc arrests' wasn't accurate I believe
    Advocate freedom please