• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another Texas open carrier falsely arrested

HPmatt

No audio - whats the story here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

No audio - whats the story here?

I had audio, maybe try it again, or use a different browser.

I do wish the victim had refrained from profanity, being polite would have made the officers seem even more foolish.

F350

The courts have ruled the cops don't have to know the laws; they can arrest you for they think the law should be and it is no harm now foul you sorry little pee-on.

HPmatt

oh yeah - there is the potty mouth audio - black powder or not gets a free trip to the pokey...Merry Christmas, hot wassail and gingerbread cookies from the Harris county jail staff!!

oc4ever

not true

The courts have ruled the cops don't have to know the laws; they can arrest you for they think the law should be and it is no harm now foul you sorry little pee-on.

The individual cops may get off the hook from liability, but their department is still responsible for the actions of their employees if a false arrest was made for failing the properly train and supervise the cops involved. I see a $20K payday in the making here if the guy arrested is right about the law, and they kept him arrested for more than a few minutes. Here is a perfect case of why you should keep your mouth shut once they put handcuffs on you, he did not help his case at all, and gave the cops a excuse he was also disturbing the peace with all the profanity.

stealthyeliminator

Chalk up two more OC arrests in Arlington

You'd think that they'd have learned by now to not make unlawful arrests for legal OC after failed prosecutions, but that's only if you misunderstand the situation. It's never been about prosecution, it's been about persecution. The police, too often, in cases like these are people that detest being help accountable for their actions, especially by citizens that they feel are beneath them.

You can see video of one of these recent arrests here, where a man is arrested for nothing but completely lawful actions: filming the police, carrying a replica pre-1899 black powder pistol in a holster. The police decided they didn't want to be filmed anymore, and made a false arrest to persecute those making them uncomfortably accountable. Later, as per usual, they had to conspire as to what charges to change to since their original reason for the arrest, which I believe was unlawful carrying weapons, they knew to be completely bogus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfqDDn5Sq9I

stealthyeliminator

Oops I just made a thread in Texas subforum about this. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?128463-Chalk-up-two-more-OC-arrests-in-Arlington

Didn't know someone would beat me to it :p

"I see a $20K payday in the making here if the guy arrested is right about the law, and they kept him arrested for more than a few minutes."

He is right about the law, and they booked him, so yes, it was more than a few minutes.

These cops know better, but it isn't about prosecution, it's about persecution.

HPmatt

Oh - Arlington - got a ride to their new jail.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Shouldn't the police be the ones being charged with interference with public duties? They had to duty to be doing what they were doing BEFORE they accosted someone not doing anything, right?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oops I just made a thread in Texas subforum about this. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?128463-Chalk-up-two-more-OC-arrests-in-Arlington

Didn't know someone would beat me to it :p

"I see a $20K payday in the making here if the guy arrested is right about the law, and they kept him arrested for more than a few minutes."

He is right about the law, and they booked him, so yes, it was more than a few minutes.

These cops know better, but it isn't about prosecution, it's about persecution.
Merged the 2 threads - placed in the Texas sub-forum as the laws involved are state specific.

stealthyeliminator

In the other arrest I referred to, there was apparently no OC. So, 'chalk up two more oc arrests' wasn't accurate I believe