• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many times have you saw an O.C.

Glock 1st fan

When I said "I've seen nearly dozen over the last few years," that is not counting, going to the range, VCDL meetings and picnics, OC breakfasts and dinners, etc - in short it is not counting where groups of us gather.

I am only consider happen chance (unicorn) sightings of people I do not know or unscheduled sightings of those known to me. I find those sightings increasing dramatically.

I know in oklahoma we used to have get togethers but for the most part the groups putting them together fizzled out. Some groups actually began trying to give interpretations of the sda and it caused alot of issues too.

Id live to go where its not a ego fest but instead a good quality fun get together where people enjoy their self. I really think if we had get togethers here for good quality fun it would turn out better.

Ive even Noticed some groups charge memberships and only have dinners. Ive nevrr understood that but the restraunts are public and therefore no real advantage to paying a yearly fee to sit at a restraunt open to the public

HPmatt

I don't have a link. My wife and I saw it via DVR and our DirecTV Cooking show channel. Maybe it's on youtube? I can't get my PC to run youtube right now, so can't help there.

Here's the IMDB link to the episode itself. Note that the "guns" they talk about are shotguns for the purposes of skeet shooting (there's a little competition between the Ree and her husband that she wins). The OCer was viewed just before the skeet competition between Ree and her husband and was only visible for a couple seconds. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2156341/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_01

I think he's saying it's his preference to not OC. That's the way I read it. I could be wrong.
Season 1 Episode 6 - Tivo doesnt show it upcoming in next 2?weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I know in oklahoma we used to have get togethers but for the most part the groups putting them together fizzled out. Some groups actually began trying to give interpretations of the sda and it caused alot of issues too.

Id live to go where its not a ego fest but instead a good quality fun get together where people enjoy their self. I really think if we had get togethers here for good quality fun it would turn out better.

Ive even Noticed some groups charge memberships and only have dinners. Ive nevrr understood that but the restraunts are public and therefore no real advantage to paying a yearly fee to sit at a restraunt open to the public

Our OC breakfasts and dinners require no membership, you may OC/CC/noC, there is no agenda other than just plain folks (all walks of life) getting together to break bread and exchange conversation on topics of common interest + we spend the word that good people can and do carry w/o risk to other good people.

Check out the Virginia Events sub forum and you will see how successful this simple formula has been - has been running constantly for years.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?255-Virginia-Events

Glock 1st fan

Our OC breakfasts and dinners require no membership, you may OC/CC/noC, there is no agenda other than just plain folks (all walks of life) getting together to break bread and exchange conversation on topics of common interest + we spend the word that good people can and do carry w/o risk to other good people.

Check out the Virginia Events sub forum and you will see how successful this simple formula has been - has been running constantly for years.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?255-Virginia-Events

Awesome. I am in hopes we can get that here in Oklahoma. It would be great to have a great get together once in a while. I will definately check out the forum!

TulsaDan

I have seen a handful just this year. I OC wherever I go. With the exception of the office. My work will not allow any weapons at all. At Wal-Mart I have seen at lest two times a semi-auto (Kimber, and a Colt). And one time a person carrying a S&W revolver. At KFC on 61st & Garnett saw a man carrying a semi-auto. But like we are all saying, it's just not that prevalent yet. The winter months I OC just as well, I really prefer that method over all. If there is a place I need to go to that I know has a sign, I usually CC just because I have something to get, but I know it should be that I not buy from those places, it's hard when you need something from the mall. I know they would freak out about an OC. So I CC knowing the sign would have me kicked off the property. That's my way around worrying if I am armed or not. The sign only let's the owners have the authority to tell me to leave. And I always get to carry my gun.

Last edited:

whiskycut

One time in a small town in al. He had a 1911 in a odd lookin holster, handle was angled straight up and barrel was pointed straight at me. I'm a carry guy, but having a gun pointed at me in the check out line was a little unnerving, moved over one lane. Wife said," u should have said something" f that I said, that problem will soon take care of its self.

Glock 1st fan

That's confusing.

OC is your "preference", but you do not OC? Please elaborate.

Not sure as I was not the poster but in Oklahoma we have the option to carry CC or OC. Now some like myself like to carry in an outside the wasteband holster but pull a shirt over it. This is considered by Oklahoma law to be open carry if it prints or is in any way detectable.

I personally love to carry in the outside the waist band holster but I have been working in some cases nearly 160 hours a pay period lately and I wear a duty rig that is obviously open carry. I guess I just carry how I am comfortable since I have been doing it so long neither way is really more impressive then the other for me.

I advocate open carry here though and push for it because a right not used is a right lost.

Lyndsy Simon

I live in a pretty liberal city in Virginia, and I think I've met a half dozen others over the two years I've lived here.

As others have said, I've had lots of people feel the need to come up to me and show or tell me that they were carrying concealed. That's fine, and I try to always use that as an opportunity to encourage them to consider OC.