• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry - Harrisonburg Area

Lafayette

Because of difficulties maneuvering the mobility scooter I will be staying either on the ground floor handing out GSL stickers or out on the plaza handing out GSL stickers. If you trust me (No, I will not give you a receipt) you can entrust your handgun to me while you are inside. That way you can do the empty holster thing when you go inside but remain armed otherwise.

I'm not mentioning any names (because I'm under a death threat:D) but there is not limit on the number of handguns one may bring inside so long as they have a valid CHP.

stay safe.
That's very kind of you.. Will I not get in trouble for brandishing if I start removing my handgun from my holster in public? I'm new to this so I'll ask and sound silly rather than not ask and get in trouble.

It is unfortunate that it is not more accessible for you!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I too will likely not make the rounds - difficulty hearing and my speaking voice sometimes makes people think I am on drugs or inebriated - radiation therapy does what it does.

I tend to be a free floater - a tip of the iceberg if you will. Skid and I have played Frick & Frack (double team tag match) with the ill prepared. Both of us carry digital recorders and a camera w/video capacity.

Yes there are ways to transfer a handgun w/o brandishing - not seen, no problem. Look for either Santa Claus in a electric wheelchair and/or a skinny dude who wears a purdy 1911 and ammo as ballast - he gets windy down there. Just ask for Skidmark or Grapeshot - we are known to most.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.... Look for either Santa Claus in a electric wheelchair .... Just ask for Skidmark or Grapeshot - we are known to most.

I'll probably be wearing my DayGlo Orange VCDL hat. It's part of the Frick & Frack uniform. Look for it - it glows.

stay safe.

wrearick

I'll probably be wearing my DayGlo Orange VCDL hat. It's part of the Frick & Frack uniform. Look for it - it glows.

stay safe.

I would not post a picture of someone's face without their approval ahead of time but some say this is his better side anyway......

2143.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As in "on the loose and at large"
Now we are getting down to the nitty gritty! Skid won't turn you loose just because you have a mouthful of words. He will make sure that you get it right......and no I have never seen him lose it....he is no deep-ender (one who is dependent). He is in-deep-pen-dent.

Still must acknowledge that he is indeed "loose and at large" - for that we are eternally grateful.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I understand at home, at dinner, at work, even at the bar......but at large?

Must make note to ask Skid where "large" is located - think it is mostly in his head :lol:

I have been asking my dentist to put it in writing. Finally, they did so. From my dental records:

LOCAL TITLE: DENTAL FIXED PROSTHODONTIC
STANDARD TITLE: DENTISTRY NOTE
DATE OF NOTE: DEC 16, 2014@19:00 ENTRY DATE: DEC 16, 2014@19:06:09
AUTHOR: T_R,C_Y L EXP COSIGNER:
URGENCY: STATUS: COMPLETED
PPTC for [dental treatment data having nothing to do with the extraction of any pedal member].
Treatment: Patient very difficult to work on due to small mouth, limited
opening
, ....

Take that, all of you who have labled me as a bigmouth. Medical documentation to the contrary. Whatchagonna do now?

stay safe.

HPmatt

Doesnt chopped liver have a good amt of blood in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk