Thread: Better privacy email

Better privacy email

This site based in Iceland where they don't spy on their own people and have far better privacy laws. Here are two brand new sites, one is a social media like facebook the other is email.

Social media www.seen.is
    Email.......... www.unseen.is

never have I done anything that would put me that situation of being spied on, but we all know the ever intrusive Big brother is watching and listening. I like my rights and have fought for them and I will use this site just to confound those who break the Supreme Law of this land, The Constitution.

Have fun with this. They have NO limitations and they don't nanny what you put on your page.

How do you intend to get to those sites? My guess is thru an Internet Service Provider. One here in the USA that rolls over when the FBI or ATF or NSA or the local LEO or the city public works department says it wants to know stuff.

Proxies, cut-outs, drop-offs, anonymizers and the other stuff will protet you once you get to them.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

ProtonMail.ch FREE fully encrypted from Switzerland

ProtonMail.ch free fully encrypted from Switzerland https://protonmail.ch/#about

There is a waiting list but a new server farm is due shortly. https://blog.protonmail.ch/ "For those users who have been on our waiting list for several months, the wait will soon be over as our new infrastructure will allow us to support almost everybody. We will be inviting nearly everybody over the next month!" I am very pleased with the service. https://protonmail.ch/pages/security-details
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    How do you intend to get to those sites? My guess is thru an Internet Service Provider. One here in the USA that rolls over when the FBI or ATF or NSA or the local LEO or the city public works department says it wants to know stuff.

Proxies, cut-outs, drop-offs, anonymizers and the other stuff will protet you once you get to them.

stay safe.
    For that there is https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/
    Han shot first.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    never have I done anything that would put me that situation of being spied on
    heh heh heh... oh to be so innocent again
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    Just use the email address: DickCheneys_email@gmail.com ... no one will look

Why not use PGP? If it's really important do it twice.

Otherwise treat all email like you would a postcard.

Never have I done anything that would put me that situation of being spied on
    I can almost guarantee that being a member of this site is reason enough for them.

never have I done anything that would put me that situation of being spied on,
    You're on this site, which means you support, in one fashion or another, the carrying of firearms. Which means, in one way or another, you support the 2nd Amendment. Which means, in one way or another, you believe in the Constitution. Which means, in so many words, THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE YOU. There are documents that have been released that put people like you and I on the list of potential domestic terrorists, along with Christians, returning veterans, Constitutionalists, Libertarians, Oath Keepers, etc, etc.

So, dont think for a minute that each post you post here, email you send there, wont be considered for further scrutiny.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Why not use PGP? If it's really important do it twice.

Otherwise treat all email like you would a postcard.
    +1 end to end encryption, friends. If it's important, cascading encryption would be nice.
    Advocate freedom please

I agree with end-to-end encryption, such as PGP, GPG or the like. PGP Encryption is surprisingly easy to use, (though, not as easy as unencrypted messages). It does take some time to set up, however. I wrote up a post on my site about it some years ago, but it's bee mostly scrapped due to a migration of servers. I will probably have to write it up again, including the steps/options to securely transfer keys.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

You need eight levels of very specific protocols to defeat all attempts to identify the message, who's sending it, and who's receiving it.

If all you're interested in doing is keeping anyone from seeing the message, just AES-256 encrypt a file before sending it, and use a humongous, randomly-generated password.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Who uses e-mail any more except .gov and Big Corps. When your goal in life is to post photos of you shaving I'm pretty confident that privacy is not a concern.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    [ ... ] When your goal in life is to post photos of you shaving I'm pretty confident that privacy is not a concern.
    +1

Who uses e-mail any more except .gov and Big Corps. When your goal in life is to post photos of you shaving I'm pretty confident that privacy is not a concern.
    "Everyone" uses email still, it's kind of a staple(?) of modern business. http://www.businessinsider.com/email-isnt-dying-2015-1
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    "Everyone" uses email still, it's kind of a staple(?) of modern business. http://www.businessinsider.com/email-isnt-dying-2015-1
    Who uses e-mail any more except .gov and Big Corps.

Well, little corps. too...ya got me.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Who uses e-mail any more except .gov and Big Corps.

Well, little corps. too...ya got me.
    lol, I realized that after I posted

I do still use email personally, though, as well... But I can't say most people do.
    Advocate freedom please

Exactly. "62% of working American adults were “networked workers,” meaning they used the internet or email in the workplace."

That's about 80 million people.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

But I can't say most people do.
    I would have to disagree. Every single person I have known or met for more than two minutes uses email. Every. Single. One.

They may not all use it for work purposes, and some avoid it outside of work. But every person I have known since email became widely available uses it.

In the end it is all transmitted data, courtesy of a few inconvenienced electrons.
    What that means is don't say anything in e-mail what you aren't willing to say in front of a crowd of people (with your mother in the front row).
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

There is e-mail and there is e-mail. I message by encrypted https exclusively now. Never have used IM/IRC. I have an SMTP client but it is unused.