• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Better privacy email

alphamale

This site based in Iceland where they don't spy on their own people and have far better privacy laws. Here are two brand new sites, one is a social media like facebook the other is email.

Social media www.seen.is
Email.......... www.unseen.is

never have I done anything that would put me that situation of being spied on, but we all know the ever intrusive Big brother is watching and listening. I like my rights and have fought for them and I will use this site just to confound those who break the Supreme Law of this land, The Constitution.

Have fun with this. They have NO limitations and they don't nanny what you put on your page.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
How do you intend to get to those sites? My guess is thru an Internet Service Provider. One here in the USA that rolls over when the FBI or ATF or NSA or the local LEO or the city public works department says it wants to know stuff.

Proxies, cut-outs, drop-offs, anonymizers and the other stuff will protet you once you get to them.

stay safe.

waskel

How do you intend to get to those sites? My guess is thru an Internet Service Provider. One here in the USA that rolls over when the FBI or ATF or NSA or the local LEO or the city public works department says it wants to know stuff.

Proxies, cut-outs, drop-offs, anonymizers and the other stuff will protet you once you get to them.

stay safe.

For that there is https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Maverick9

Why not use PGP? If it's really important do it twice.

Otherwise treat all email like you would a postcard.

Tucker6900

never have I done anything that would put me that situation of being spied on,

You're on this site, which means you support, in one fashion or another, the carrying of firearms. Which means, in one way or another, you support the 2nd Amendment. Which means, in one way or another, you believe in the Constitution. Which means, in so many words, THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE YOU. There are documents that have been released that put people like you and I on the list of potential domestic terrorists, along with Christians, returning veterans, Constitutionalists, Libertarians, Oath Keepers, etc, etc.

So, dont think for a minute that each post you post here, email you send there, wont be considered for further scrutiny.

jackrockblc

I agree with end-to-end encryption, such as PGP, GPG or the like. PGP Encryption is surprisingly easy to use, (though, not as easy as unencrypted messages). It does take some time to set up, however. I wrote up a post on my site about it some years ago, but it's bee mostly scrapped due to a migration of servers. I will probably have to write it up again, including the steps/options to securely transfer keys.

since9

Campaign Veteran

You need eight levels of very specific protocols to defeat all attempts to identify the message, who's sending it, and who's receiving it.

If all you're interested in doing is keeping anyone from seeing the message, just AES-256 encrypt a file before sending it, and use a humongous, randomly-generated password.

OC for ME

Who uses e-mail any more except .gov and Big Corps. When your goal in life is to post photos of you shaving I'm pretty confident that privacy is not a concern.

Logan 5

In the end it is all transmitted data, courtesy of a few inconvenienced electrons.
What that means is don't say anything in e-mail what you aren't willing to say in front of a crowd of people (with your mother in the front row).