Thread: Fire Mission: Dick Saslaw's 2015 pre-session survey

Fire Mission: Dick Saslaw's 2015 pre-session survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2015SaslawSurvey

He has several questions on gun control. I know he won't listen to us, but we might as well show him that we do exist. The survey is not limited to people in his district.
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

Too much freedom?

See this question:

Do you think gun advocacy groups such as the NRA influence gun safety issues with personal rights exceeding public safety?

Excuse me, how can person rights ever exceed public safety?

Current results on this question:

Response Percent
    Yes 77.3%
    No 18.4%
    No Opinion 4.3%

"Do you support continuing the ban on guns on college campuses?"
    "Would you support a universal background check for weapon permit applicants?"

What? This guy is a complete moron.

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 12-29-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post

TFred
    My reply to him would be "How would you enforce either? How much do you want to bet I can find an example of both of these not working?" (I gotta long list of toys I'd like to buy)
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

TFred
    LOL That is a lot nicer than my opinion of him. Start with useless and mentally deranged and work from there. If Tmack stops quick he is in danger of being swallowed up to his knees.

Google "brainless party hack", and his picture pops up.

Please note that this question does not address the current background check run on applicants for CHPs. It presupposes a "weapon permit" which of course would be direct, as opposed to de facto, gun registration. Also registration of dirks and daggers, nun-chucks, throwing stars, saps and blackjacks among other "weapons". (I'm never sure if a machete is or is not a weapon.)

Saslaw is no moron. He knows that most of the citizens do not pick up on what are really not subtlities.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

What, exactly, is a weapon permit application?

Would my 14 year old niece need one for her 9mm carbine or her recurved bow?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Please note that this question does not address the current background check run on applicants for CHPs. It presupposes a "weapon permit" which of course would be direct, as opposed to de facto, gun registration. Also registration of dirks and daggers, nun-chucks, throwing stars, saps and blackjacks among other "weapons". (I'm never sure if a machete is or is not a weapon.)

Saslaw is no moron. He knows that most of the citizens do not pick up on what are really not subtlities.
    Ah, yes THAT makes sense.

He asks leading questions, which are not really about the status quo at all, but framed in a "reasonableness" context that allows him to point to the massive support for the NEW restrictions:

1. There is currently NO universal gun ban on college campuses in Virginia, just a couple by VAC and only in buildings and select other areas for the rest.

2. There is currently NO weapon permit, but by attaching the background check to what is IMPLIED to already exist without it, he gains apparent support for a NEW permit requirement in Virginia.

Not a moron. Just pure evil. Oh, how these people must hate their constituents.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    See this question:

Do you think gun advocacy groups such as the NRA influence gun safety issues with personal rights exceeding public safety?
    I cannot even figure out the meaning of that question.

Not a moron. Just pure evil. Oh, how these people must hate their constituents.

TFred
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3eTSbC3neA - at the 2:49 mark

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

After taking the survey and viewing the results, I appear to be a polar opposite of his targeted demographic. Considering that demographic elected him, being a polar opposite of said demographic warms my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3eTSbC3neA - at the 2:49 mark

stay safe.
    The good old days? Imagine the consequences of such acts today... domestic terrorists in action.

TFred

Run out of town on a rail

Ugh. 80% support college gun bans. 74% think pro gun groups advance personal rights at the expense of public safety. Whats the famous quote? "A nation that would give up a little liberty for a little security deserves neither." And 84% support universal background checks. Wow.

The good old days? Imagine the consequences of such acts today... [strike]domestic terrorists[/strke] rightous indignation over oppression by the 1% in action. [/sarcasm] (edit by skidmark)

TFred

Run out of town on a rail
    "You are my constituents!" Nothing beyond that.

Although Saslaw seems to see certain segments of society (gun owners, conservatives, and the like) in much the same way. But that was not the intent of linking.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    "You are my constituents!" Nothing beyond that.

Although Saslaw seems to see certain segments of society (gun owners, conservatives, and the like) in much the same way. But that was not the intent of linking.

stay safe.
    He ignores all with equal disdain.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.