Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iraqveteran8888 bashes "open carry ********" in recent "Gun Gripes" episode

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Iraqveteran8888 bashes "open carry ********" in recent "Gun Gripes" episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlukQKd9u68
    If you have a youtube account, perhaps consider writing a tasteful rebuttal.

Edit: follow up video: http://youtu.be/CkRYg0gzgcM
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 12-31-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

He should come here and educate himself so he stops looking like an idiot. I am surprised that he is so full of misconceptions. Hopefully open carry in his neck of the woods boycott his business.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I don't have a YouTube account (I may have to remedy that soon), but if someone wishes to post the following, feel free to do so:

1) Open Carry of a modern handgun requires a permit in some states and is entirely illegal in others.
    2) The states that require CC permits to Open Carry (besides the obvious CCing) typically don't issue permits to individuals under 21 years of age, leaving long guns as the ONLY viable carry option for 18-20 year olds.
    3) The state currently garnering the most media attention for Long Gun Open Carry ("LGOC") is Texas, due to the prohibition of Open Carry of modern handguns and the harassment of those who carry "antique" sidearms such as black powder revolvers. This is a de facto ban on all forms of handgun Open Carry, leaving LGOC as the only Open Carry option for the residents of Texas.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Strange how those without the courage to do something find it so easy to mock those that do.

His 'you'll scare the sheep' reasoning is the same reasoning behind old laws that required early drivers to disassemble their cars and hide them in the bushes when a horse drawn carriage appeared. Funny thing is, the horses soon became used to seeing automobiles and now give them very little attention.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 12-29-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Strange how those without the courage to do something find it so easy to mock those that do.

His 'you'll scare the sheep' reasoning is the same reasoning behind old laws that required early drivers to disassemble their cars and hide them in the bushes when a horse drawn carriage appeared. Funny thing is, the horses soon became used to seeing automobiles and now give them very little attention.
    Wait, was that an actual law at some point in the past?
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Wait, was that an actual law at some point in the past?
    To be honest... mmm... almost?
    Per Wikipedia:
    The most infamous of the Red Flag Laws was enacted in Pennsylvania circa 1896, when legislators unanimously passed a bill through both houses of the state legislature, which would require all motorists piloting their "horseless carriages", upon chance encounters with cattle or livestock to (1) immediately stop the vehicle, (2) "immediately and as rapidly as possible... disassemble the automobile," and (3) "conceal the various components out of sight, behind nearby bushes" until equestrian or livestock is sufficiently pacified. The bill did not become law, as Pennsylvania's governor used an executive veto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I don't have a YouTube account (I may have to remedy that soon), but if someone wishes to post the following, feel free to do so:

1) Open Carry of a modern handgun requires a permit in some states and is entirely illegal in others.
    I think I'd phrase that differently.

How about: Open carry of a handgun does not require a permit many states, except for
    New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Arkansas, Texas, Illinois and Florida
    ...where open carry is prohibited.
    ======

States permit open carry without requiring the citizen to apply for any permit or license: (11)
    Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Vermont, Kentucky Virginia

And a few states (13) have some restrictions:

Just more positive way to phrase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    I think I'd phrase that differently.

How about: Open carry of a handgun does not require a permit many states, except for
    New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Arkansas, Texas, Illinois and Florida
    ...where open carry is prohibited.
    ======

States permit open carry without requiring the citizen to apply for any permit or license: (11)
    Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Vermont, Kentucky Virginia

And a few states (13) have some restrictions:

Just more positive way to phrase it.
    Since 2012 Oklahoma allows OC but requires a permit to do so. They changed their permit from a "concealed pistol permit" (might not be the exact name of old one, but it had concealed in the name) to a "handgun carry permit" because of it allowing OC.

Georgia requires a permit to either openly or conceal carry. Not sure how the 'improved version' accounts for that.

Simplest would be to write
    "Some states don't regulate open carry, some require a license to do so, and a few prohibit open carry of handguns or firearms. Check your state's laws."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    To be honest... mmm... almost?
    Per Wikipedia:
    Crazy. Wow. Can't believe it actually passed both houses. Thank goodness someone had common sense enough to veto.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 12-29-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Reply posted:

There's so many fallacies here that I can't cover them all in a youtube comment, but I'll go over some.

1) The majority of long gun OCers do it as a form of exercising their first amendment because they CAN'T OC a handgun. Such as in Texas, where the people even got approval beforehand from the stores they went to (which makes it that much more ironic that "pro-2A" people have such an issue with it).
    2) Life is all about weighing risks, but you will be hard pressed to find civilian OCers who have been "taken out first" by a criminal (LE and security guards don't count).
    3) I'm not a ninja and have no desire to try and ambush my ambusher with a gun. Thus I would rather deter the criminal before the crime starts than have to draw my gun after it starts, or if a crime does happen then have easier access to my gun.
    4) 60% of criminals admit to avoiding a person if they know they are armed (check gunfacts.info for cite).
    5) While it is hard to prove a negative (how can one prove OCing deters a crime if a crime didn't happen), but check the Kennesaw, Georgia Waffle House incident along with #4 for documented cases.
    6) You talk about how you OC in your workplace, but then try to discredit it for others. What do you think would happen if a criminal walked into a store and saw even 2-3 people OCing, much less the 50-70% of people you claim CC where you are? They might be criminals, but they still have a sense of self preservation and most don't want to become killers.

There's other things as well, but this should be a good starting point.

"I understand where you are coming from. What we are going to do is another gun gripe video and I want to promote the Texas Open carry movement so more people know about it. I think them allowing folks to carry long guns but not pistols is a complete crock of crap. When we filmed this video I had no knowledge that this movement even existed. I guess being in Georgia it can be easy sometimes to view issues from a local standpoint and not from a nationwide perspective. That's why these videos are good to some degree because they stir the pot and get people in discussion about it." - Eric Blandford

How do I put one of those eye-rolling smilies. there we go.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 12-29-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Maybe Iraqveteran8888 prefers killing little hadji kids than actually Defending and upholding The Constitution of the United States.

"Get some" Iraqveteran8888! Nothing like taking on some third world impoverished people who couldn't harm a hair on a single American head in the name of "Freedumb".

This guy is a disgrace and epitomizes the IDIOCRACY slide AmeriKa finds itself in.

Throughout history, it's been near impossible to advance an idea (swimsuits above the ankle, skirts above the knee, black people eating at the same lunch counter as white people, etc.) until someone goes 'too far' and society accepts a smaller step, the one that becomes 'normal'.

Lots of backlash on this video...

"Actually I'm going to comment about that right now. A few weeks before we posted this video one of the people that I'm referring to in this video came into the shop and identified himself as one of the people that was involved in one of the most widely publicized open carry incidents. He informed me that it was in protest to the fact that the state will not allow him to carry a handgun openly, but will allow the carry of a long gun openly. Once I understood what he was getting at I thought the idea was brilliant and I can see why it would push lawmakers to want to change the law and allow people to carry their sidearms.

With the above being said I retract any statements that may make it seem that I am referring to these individuals in a derogatory manner. We have enough gutless pukes tearing us apart already to be separate on issues that should be crystal clear. Only a slave asks permission to anything, and I don't know about you guys, but it says "shall not be infringed"

I think that's pretty damn clear to me..." - Eric Blandford

He's also spoken with a director of OCT and has stated that he will be making a follow up video. I anxiously await.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 12-30-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

Gun Gripes 96: "Open Carry...Texas Version": http://youtu.be/CkRYg0gzgcM

I can't watch it right now, someone give me the scoop on this new vid
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Gun Gripes 96: "Open Carry...Texas Version": http://youtu.be/CkRYg0gzgcM

I can't watch it right now, someone give me the scoop on this new vid
    They backtracked .. "I did not know open carry was a volatile subject" ... oh boy, that guy shows he's not up on things in the past 100 years

Boys beat a quick crawdad from their video#95.
    These guys are not the enemy; didn't know (until#95 hit the subscription list) about the bigger world around the country, esp Texas.
    Okay by me guys. Might be oppty for them to travel to Texas and build some 'positive' publicity, now that they stepped in the other kind...
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Opinions are like ********.

The follow up video is not much better than the first open carry video. The stench from the misconceptions is overpowering.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I didn't think the follow up was too bad, personally.
    Advocate freedom please

I didn't think the follow up was too bad, personally.
    They acknowledge that OC in group protests is OK, but still stick to the insults for individuals OCing individually. Personally after watching them later in the video I believe they were just trying to poorly do damage control.

When is a person more likely to be a victim of crime? In a group? Or individually?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

What gets me is that these guys have built a VERY popular YouTube channel which has grown beyond just a couple of guys giving advise at a gun counter. They host events where other YouTube gun guys come out and meet with industry to test guns and gear that are about to hit the shelves or is being developed. The have lots of connection in the "gun media". They are not insulated from what is happening in the rest of the country with regards to Open Carry or any other gun related news.
    With the attention that Open Carry has been getting in the past decade, especially the work being done by groups like Hells' Saints and Open Carry Texas, you would almost have to actively avoid any sort of gun publication or media to not know what is going on. I honestly can't accept that they were unaware of the reasons for long gun carry demonstrations taking place around the US. This leads me to think that they are either-
    A- Completely clueless as they claim to be about 2A matters outside of their particular State
    or
    B- They are lying and trying to crawfish their way out of some bad statements.
    I've never been a subscriber of their channel and am not a fan of theirs on YouTube. Frankly, from watching those two videos I have zero respect for anything they say. Their credability is nonexistant and I see little reason to consider them anything other than a pair of Fudds. They are not worth my time.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

If you're not very talented at something, perhaps hard work can make up the difference. It appears to me that these guys open their mouths with the minimum of preperation. I couldn't watch either video very long. That's my "speaking gripe".

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    If you're not very talented at something, perhaps hard work can make up the difference. It appears to me that these guys open their mouths with the minimum of preperation. I couldn't watch either video very long. That's my "speaking gripe".
    Pretty much. It seems that today all you need is a decent camera and a youtube account and suddenly folks will take you seriously as an "authority" on whatever topic you want. If I cared, I'd make some "authoritative" videos about how underhanded and tactically unsound CC is.

Youtube is the lowest common denominator for public discourse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast