• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Iraqveteran8888 bashes "open carry ********" in recent "Gun Gripes" episode

WalkingWolf

He should come here and educate himself so he stops looking like an idiot. I am surprised that he is so full of misconceptions. Hopefully open carry in his neck of the woods boycott his business.

Rusty Young Man

I don't have a YouTube account (I may have to remedy that soon), but if someone wishes to post the following, feel free to do so:

1) Open Carry of a modern handgun requires a permit in some states and is entirely illegal in others.
2) The states that require CC permits to Open Carry (besides the obvious CCing) typically don't issue permits to individuals under 21 years of age, leaving long guns as the ONLY viable carry option for 18-20 year olds.
3) The state currently garnering the most media attention for Long Gun Open Carry ("LGOC") is Texas, due to the prohibition of Open Carry of modern handguns and the harassment of those who carry "antique" sidearms such as black powder revolvers. This is a de facto ban on all forms of handgun Open Carry, leaving LGOC as the only Open Carry option for the residents of Texas.

Fallschirjmäger

Strange how those without the courage to do something find it so easy to mock those that do.

His 'you'll scare the sheep' reasoning is the same reasoning behind old laws that required early drivers to disassemble their cars and hide them in the bushes when a horse drawn carriage appeared. Funny thing is, the horses soon became used to seeing automobiles and now give them very little attention.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Strange how those without the courage to do something find it so easy to mock those that do.

His 'you'll scare the sheep' reasoning is the same reasoning behind old laws that required early drivers to disassemble their cars and hide them in the bushes when a horse drawn carriage appeared. Funny thing is, the horses soon became used to seeing automobiles and now give them very little attention.

Wait, was that an actual law at some point in the past?

Fallschirjmäger

Wait, was that an actual law at some point in the past?
To be honest... mmm... almost?
Per Wikipedia:
The most infamous of the Red Flag Laws was enacted in Pennsylvania circa 1896, when legislators unanimously passed a bill through both houses of the state legislature, which would require all motorists piloting their "horseless carriages", upon chance encounters with cattle or livestock to (1) immediately stop the vehicle, (2) "immediately and as rapidly as possible... disassemble the automobile," and (3) "conceal the various components out of sight, behind nearby bushes" until equestrian or livestock is sufficiently pacified. The bill did not become law, as Pennsylvania's governor used an executive veto.

Maverick9

I don't have a YouTube account (I may have to remedy that soon), but if someone wishes to post the following, feel free to do so:

1) Open Carry of a modern handgun requires a permit in some states and is entirely illegal in others.

I think I'd phrase that differently.

How about: Open carry of a handgun does not require a permit many states, except for
New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Arkansas, Texas, Illinois and Florida
...where open carry is prohibited.
======

States permit open carry without requiring the citizen to apply for any permit or license: (11)
Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Vermont, Kentucky Virginia

And a few states (13) have some restrictions:

Just more positive way to phrase it.

Aknazer

I think I'd phrase that differently.

How about: Open carry of a handgun does not require a permit many states, except for
New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Arkansas, Texas, Illinois and Florida
...where open carry is prohibited.
======

States permit open carry without requiring the citizen to apply for any permit or license: (11)
Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, South Dakota, Vermont, Kentucky Virginia

And a few states (13) have some restrictions:

Just more positive way to phrase it.

Since 2012 Oklahoma allows OC but requires a permit to do so. They changed their permit from a "concealed pistol permit" (might not be the exact name of old one, but it had concealed in the name) to a "handgun carry permit" because of it allowing OC.

Fallschirjmäger

Georgia requires a permit to either openly or conceal carry. Not sure how the 'improved version' accounts for that.

Simplest would be to write
"Some states don't regulate open carry, some require a license to do so, and a few prohibit open carry of handguns or firearms. Check your state's laws."

Aknazer

Reply posted:

There's so many fallacies here that I can't cover them all in a youtube comment, but I'll go over some.

1) The majority of long gun OCers do it as a form of exercising their first amendment because they CAN'T OC a handgun. Such as in Texas, where the people even got approval beforehand from the stores they went to (which makes it that much more ironic that "pro-2A" people have such an issue with it).
2) Life is all about weighing risks, but you will be hard pressed to find civilian OCers who have been "taken out first" by a criminal (LE and security guards don't count).
3) I'm not a ninja and have no desire to try and ambush my ambusher with a gun. Thus I would rather deter the criminal before the crime starts than have to draw my gun after it starts, or if a crime does happen then have easier access to my gun.
4) 60% of criminals admit to avoiding a person if they know they are armed (check gunfacts.info for cite).
5) While it is hard to prove a negative (how can one prove OCing deters a crime if a crime didn't happen), but check the Kennesaw, Georgia Waffle House incident along with #4 for documented cases.
6) You talk about how you OC in your workplace, but then try to discredit it for others. What do you think would happen if a criminal walked into a store and saw even 2-3 people OCing, much less the 50-70% of people you claim CC where you are? They might be criminals, but they still have a sense of self preservation and most don't want to become killers.

There's other things as well, but this should be a good starting point.

stealthyeliminator

"I understand where you are coming from. What we are going to do is another gun gripe video and I want to promote the Texas Open carry movement so more people know about it. I think them allowing folks to carry long guns but not pistols is a complete crock of crap. When we filmed this video I had no knowledge that this movement even existed. I guess being in Georgia it can be easy sometimes to view issues from a local standpoint and not from a nationwide perspective. That's why these videos are good to some degree because they stir the pot and get people in discussion about it." - Eric Blandford

How do I put one of those eye-rolling smilies. :rolleyes: there we go.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
Maybe Iraqveteran8888 prefers killing little hadji kids than actually Defending and upholding The Constitution of the United States.

"Get some" Iraqveteran8888! Nothing like taking on some third world impoverished people who couldn't harm a hair on a single American head in the name of "Freedumb".

This guy is a disgrace and epitomizes the IDIOCRACY slide AmeriKa finds itself in.

Fallschirjmäger

Throughout history, it's been near impossible to advance an idea (swimsuits above the ankle, skirts above the knee, black people eating at the same lunch counter as white people, etc.) until someone goes 'too far' and society accepts a smaller step, the one that becomes 'normal'.

stealthyeliminator

Lots of backlash on this video...

"Actually I'm going to comment about that right now. A few weeks before we posted this video one of the people that I'm referring to in this video came into the shop and identified himself as one of the people that was involved in one of the most widely publicized open carry incidents. He informed me that it was in protest to the fact that the state will not allow him to carry a handgun openly, but will allow the carry of a long gun openly. Once I understood what he was getting at I thought the idea was brilliant and I can see why it would push lawmakers to want to change the law and allow people to carry their sidearms.

With the above being said I retract any statements that may make it seem that I am referring to these individuals in a derogatory manner. We have enough gutless pukes tearing us apart already to be separate on issues that should be crystal clear. Only a slave asks permission to anything, and I don't know about you guys, but it says "shall not be infringed"

I think that's pretty damn clear to me..." - Eric Blandford

He's also spoken with a director of OCT and has stated that he will be making a follow up video. I anxiously await.

Last edited:

HPmatt

Boys beat a quick crawdad from their video#95.
These guys are not the enemy; didn't know (until#95 hit the subscription list) about the bigger world around the country, esp Texas.
Okay by me guys. Might be oppty for them to travel to Texas and build some 'positive' publicity, now that they stepped in the other kind...

WalkingWolf

The follow up video is not much better than the first open carry video. The stench from the misconceptions is overpowering.