• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parents House Robbed on Christmas Eve

Dunezrunner

I posted this on Nevada Shooters, but thought I would post it here to get some more exposure. Here is a link to NS thread: http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=58553

The Theives broke in between 2-5 in the afternoon on 12-24 while we were grocery shopping. The house is in Henderson near Horizon and Horizon Ridge. They got to my Dads safe, spun it around and pushed it onto its back. This was not a cheap, lightweight safe either. Weight 1100 pounds empty. Once on its back they used OUR digging and pry bars to pop it open. I will attach some pictures when I figure out how to do it. They got 9 of his guns.

Ithaca mag 10 roadblocker semi-auto 10 ga. Mag 20" barrel 100017704

Colt le6920 ar-15, m-4 carbine LE188532

Norinco Mak-90 ak-47 post ban with thumbhole stock

Marlin lever action 44 mag rifle

Remington 552 bdl deluxe semi auto 22lr speedmaster A1833631

Ruger single-six 22 lr/mag revolver 63-68458

Harrington & Richardson model 176 10 ga. Mag single shot 36" barrel AT250100

Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r marathon products inc 61133

Kahr cw9 9mm semi auto pistol EH6621

If anything check your safes installation and make sure it is bolted down and out of sight.

thanks

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
You're supposed to bolt safes down but most people don't want to drill into their foundation.

Some nice guns ... I assume homeowners insurance might cover some of the loss.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Some nice guns ... I assume homeowners insurance might cover some of the loss.

See, david, that's where you are wrong. Without a specific rider most homeowner policies do not cover firearms. Some insurance companies raise their basic rates when they know firearms are in the home, claiming that they make the contents more attractive for being stolen, as well as increasing the risk of personal liability "accidents".

Dunezrunner - did your father have a list of guns and serial numbers? Pictures of each gun (full face and profile mug shots)? I know for some folks it is a multi-day exercise to empty out a safe, let alone to catalog each gun and return it to its proper place in the safe.

Hoping your dad's guns get recovered without damage.

stay safe.

28kfps

I posted this on Nevada Shooters, but thought I would post it here to get some more exposure. Here is a link to NS thread: http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=58553

The Theives broke in between 2-5 in the afternoon on 12-24 while we were grocery shopping. The house is in Henderson near Horizon and Horizon Ridge. They got to my Dads safe, spun it around and pushed it onto its back. This was not a cheap, lightweight safe either. Weight 1100 pounds empty. Once on its back they used OUR digging and pry bars to pop it open. I will attach some pictures when I figure out how to do it. They got 9 of his guns.

Ithaca mag 10 roadblocker semi-auto 10 ga. Mag 20" barrel 100017704

Colt le6920 ar-15, m-4 carbine LE188532

Norinco Mak-90 ak-47 post ban with thumbhole stock

Marlin lever action 44 mag rifle

Remington 552 bdl deluxe semi auto 22lr speedmaster A1833631

Ruger single-six 22 lr/mag revolver 63-68458

Harrington & Richardson model 176 10 ga. Mag single shot 36" barrel AT250100

Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r marathon products inc 61133

Kahr cw9 9mm semi auto pistol EH6621

If anything check your safes installation and make sure it is bolted down and out of sight.

thanks

Sorry to hear. That really sucks.