• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator McEachin would make 'firearm transfers' a JAILABLE crime

Repeater

Seems similar to Washington State's I-594:

SB 768 Firearm transfer; penalties.
Creates a Class 2 misdemeanor for a person who is not a licensed dealer to sell, rent, trade, or transfer a firearm to any other person who is not a licensed dealer. The bill also creates a Class 2 misdemeanor for a person who is not a licensed dealer to buy, rent, trade, or transfer a firearm from any other person who is not a licensed dealer. The bill exempts certain transfers, such as between immediate family members, by operation of law, and when the transfer is temporary and is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm or occurs while in the continuous presence of the owner of the firearm.

Maverick9

So if you give a friend a firearm during an attack and you get separated, he could go to jail, violating the 'continuous presence' rule.

What a dimwit. What is he trying to prevent? All that will happen is that everyone who owns firearms and wants to sell have to go get a FTL, and then what? No change in safety or his ideas about 'gun violence' and Bad Guys (tm) will still do what they please.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I cannot wait to see the financial impact statement he is going to submit with this bill. Or that he "forgets" to file one. :banana::monkey:banana:

stay safe.

va_tazdad

And who is surprised this Fascist Democrat wants this?

Nobody with an IQ above 70.

He is a corrupt coward and a fool, which is why his supporters like him.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Remains to be seen how many will get out of commitee.

I'll make as many committee meetings as possible. The big problem with both the Senate and House is they don't always give an agenda even though the meetings are at a set day and time.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'll make as many committee meetings as possible. The big problem with both the Senate and House is they don't always give an agenda even though the meetings are at a set day and time.

I don't even see in the VA constitution that they even have to open their debates or committee meetings to the public....unless I'm missing it ...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited:

wrearick

the way the proposal is written, if my brother comes to visit from Michigan to hunt in Virginia and instead of bringing his own rifle, I loan him one of mine, we could not get out of sight of one another in the woods without breaking the law.