Thread: Another Home Invasion

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Another Home Invasion

Just before Christmas, an armed homeowner confronted two men who had broken into his home and held a woman in the home at gunpoint. Though the gun was held to the woman's neck, it wasn't enough to save the intruder from a barrage of bullets from the homeowner that saved the woman and left the intruder dead.

Once again, the problem is never with law abiding gun owners. They are the ones stopping the criminals who have guns. No gun law prevented Carlisle from holding his weapon to the neck of the female homeowner, just like no law kept him and his accomplice from breaking in. Each and every one of these kinds of incidents should make it clear that guns save lives.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/12/ho...n-womans-neck/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Best comment on web page of story (so far):

He's burning in hell now, just like Ted Kennedy.

But But But Universal Background checks may have saved the day...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I live just outside Memphis. In one week, there were three armed robberies that resulted in two, maybe 3 dead burglars. We've had those Kroger attacks recently and also our nicest mall had several hundred "youths" assemble and fight a week or two ago. People are getting sick of it in Memphis. One of my friends lives in a nice neighborhood, $250k house (above average for this area) and one street over, a guy was held at gunpoint while getting his mail then robbed a month or two ago too.

There just aren't enough police and half of the police have gang tattoos anyway.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    I live just outside Memphis. In one week, there were three armed robberies that resulted in two, maybe 3 dead burglars. We've had those Kroger attacks recently and also our nicest mall had several hundred "youths" assemble and fight a week or two ago. People are getting sick of it in Memphis. One of my friends lives in a nice neighborhood, $250k house (above average for this area) and one street over, a guy was held at gunpoint while getting his mail then robbed a month or two ago too.

There just aren't enough police and half of the police have gang tattoos anyway.
    There just aren't enough armed responsible citizens.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Would be nice if NRA could try out a pilot 'scholarship' program to subsidize homeowners in poor neighborhoods - to allow them to buy guns for their protection. Perhaps the opposite of a Police buy-back program.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Would be nice if NRA could try out a pilot 'scholarship' program to subsidize homeowners in poor neighborhoods - to allow them to buy guns for their protection. Perhaps the opposite of a Police buy-back program.[emoji3]
    Like this one -

"While many cities have tried gun buy-backs and other tactics in the ongoing national debate on gun control, the nonprofit and its supporters say gun giveaways to responsible owners are actually a better way to deter crime."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/free-gun...-neighborhood/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-12-2015 at 05:19 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Like this one -

"While many cities have tried gun buy-backs and other tactics in the ongoing national debate on gun control, the nonprofit and its supporters say gun giveaways to responsible owners are actually a better way to deter crime."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/free-gun...-neighborhood/
    But Houston City Councilwoman Ellen Cohen, who represents Oak Forest, said, "I have serious concerns about more guns in homes."
    Cohen said she supports Second Amendment rights and believes that such a responsibility should include proper training and background checks.

David Hemenway, a professor of health policy and management at the Harvard School of Public Health who has written about firearms and health, said studies suggesting gun ownership deters crime have been refuted by many others that say the opposite.
    "Mostly what guns seem to do is make situations more lethal because most crime has nothing to do with guns," he said. "When there is a gun in the mix, there is much more likely to be somebody dying or somebody incredibly hurt."

I like their premise and will plan to visit with them the next time I go to Houston.
    Oak Forest was developed by Frank Sharp, who developed Sharpstown in Houston, and had a scandal around 1970 that precipitated Texas Gov Preston Smith resigning.
    It is right outside loop I-635 right in the middle of Houston - now a days.

I do like the quote from the Houston City Councilwoman about her supporting 2A...but..... They need to vote that dumba... out of office.

Also like the pointyhead from Haavard talking about the increase in lethality - My question for Poindexter is after you arm more citizen's, who's on the receiving end now of the 'increased lethality'?...would expect that w/b the Perp....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    But Houston City Councilwoman Ellen Cohen, who represents Oak Forest, said, "I have serious concerns about more guns in homes."
    Cohen said she supports Second Amendment rights and believes that such a responsibility should include proper training and background checks.

David Hemenway, a professor of health policy and management at the Harvard School of Public Health who has written about firearms and health, said studies suggesting gun ownership deters crime have been refuted by many others that say the opposite.
    "Mostly what guns seem to do is make situations more lethal because most crime has nothing to do with guns," he said. "When there is a gun in the mix, there is much more likely to be somebody dying or somebody incredibly hurt."

I like their premise and will plan to visit with them the next time I go to Houston.
    Oak Forest was developed by Frank Sharp, who developed Sharpstown in Houston, and had a scandal around 1970 that precipitated Texas Gov Preston Smith resigning.
    It is right outside loop I-635 right in the middle of Houston - now a days.

I do like the quote from the Houston City Councilwoman about her supporting 2A...but..... They need to vote that dumba... out of office.

Also like the pointyhead from Haavard talking about the increase in lethality - My question for Poindexter is after you arm more citizen's, who's on the receiving end now of the 'increased lethality'?...would expect that w/b the Perp....
    Let he/she that would disarm the people or in any way restrict their ability to defend themselves, first irrevocably give up those rights and means* to do so themselves......then we'll talk more.

* includes police protection at council meetings. Bet you here sputters.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Let he/she that would disarm the people or in any way restrict their ability to defend themselves, first irrevocably give up those rights and means* to do so themselves......then we'll talk more.

* includes police protection at council meetings. Bet you here sputters.
    Me thinks the focus on elected critters is not focusing...our respective elected critters are not taking our guns out of our hand, so to speak.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare