Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toddler fatally shoots mom in Idaho Walmart

Toddler fatally shoots mom in Idaho Walmart

Well there ya' go, no more guns in Great WallMart of China. /sarcasm

I would imagine Hayden and Hayden Lake the most heavily armed communities in the US. Brother Dave was Pastor at Silver Woods BC in Priest River and we visited Rathdrum, Hayden Lake and Hayden on his 4WD pastoral visits
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banning toddlers would be more effective.

Or hire a lifeguard for the mandatory ball pit.

It looks like Wall World is not going to go full retard over this. Wish I could say the same thing for the press/newsreaders.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

This event makes it clear why carrying should be done in a proper holster.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Absolutely. Just loose in a purse is a recipe for disaster. As is loose pocket carry. Also, obviously, had she been open carrying would not have happened.
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Banned
    Luckily, the tike did not shoot a random person walking past 'em.

An isolated incident.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Banning toddlers would be more effective.
    <snip>.
    That's not a proper course of action.

Man this really sucks. As gun owners we must make SAFETY a #1 priority. This story gets me right in the feels. Who pocket/purse carries with a round in the chamber and no safety or holster? So very unsafe...especially with a small child.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

That is why I am a safety Nazi, you can't fix those kind of mistakes.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Absolutely. Just loose in a purse is a recipe for disaster. As is loose pocket carry. Also, obviously, had she been open carrying would not have happened.
    This is a very key point that will not be allowed to enter the public debate. Open carry in a holster is one of the safest ways to carry a loaded firearm. But the public wants to shame it so much that people are sheepishly hiding their guns inside places that are NOT safe. Granted, there are safe ways to conceal, but that becomes a secondary factor to some people who conceal FIRST and then maybe think about how to do it safely.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Man this really sucks. As gun owners we must make SAFETY a #1 priority. This story gets me right in the feels. Who pocket/purse carries with a round in the chamber and no safety or holster? So very unsafe...especially with a small child.
    Really, safety is not my #1 priority.

But I would not hand my kid a purse with a loaded gun in it either.

I can see such a scenario (carrying a loaded but unholstered revolver in a purse).

Mother is threatened by stalker, in a panci, needs to rush out to the store before dark and get baby needs, get home and defend in place, throws her dad's donated old revolver in the handbag and frightened, rushes to store.

Oops. But not totally her fault.

This case was probably more negligence but it happens.

Ladies, keep your carry purse on your shoulder you lazy beyotches!

Wash DC news station stated she was a CHP holder.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/na...287139471.html
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 12-30-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Wash DC news station stated she was a CHP holder.
    Permits only give permission, they do not guarantee safe gun handling. She did a dumb thing, could happen to anybody that does not carry responsibly.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

This why I advise women against purse carry in general. It is way to easy for a pistol in a improper or no holster to get caught up in the rats nest that many women carry for a purse. Disclaimer- there are specific purses deigned to carry a pistol, but what if that cool purse gets snatched by a purse snatcher? The. Crook now has a nice purse to hock & the pistol it contained.

Sad this happened - we need more women to carry safely. Why? As women go, so does our nation, think about it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I have yet to see anything that says the firearm was not in a holster. Unless I missed something everyone is assuming the pistol was not in a holster. Personally I think there is a lot missing from this story why not wait to pass judgment until we have more info to go on?
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    I have yet to see anything that says the firearm was not in a holster. Unless I missed something everyone is assuming the pistol was not in a holster. Personally I think there is a lot missing from this story why not wait to pass judgment until we have more info to go on?
    Nope, not assuming. Read the link in the OP.

"The boy, who was sitting in the shopping cart, reached into his mother's purse and grabbed her gun, according to sheriff's officials."

My guess is that both her son and her purse were in the shopping cart.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

B*h & moan all you guys want. I don't care.
    I'm praying for the safety of her son. When he grows up this will be a hard toll on him.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Nope, not assuming. Read the link in the OP.

"The boy, who was sitting in the shopping cart, reached into his mother's purse and grabbed her gun, according to sheriff's officials."

My guess is that both her son and her purse were in the shopping cart.
    The cops weren't there. The mom had other kids in the store. I don't believe the 2 yo did this. How often have adolescents, screwing around broken a vase and pointed at the baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    The cops weren't there. The mom had other kids in the store. I don't believe the 2 yo did this. How often have adolescents, screwing around broken a vase and pointed at the baby?
    They mention video in the news report...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    They mention video in the news report...
    OK, I didn't see that. Still if I were investigating, I'd be withholding judgment and swabbing everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Having serviced XOL's KelTec P-32, I do not believe that a 2 y.o. has coordination or strength to pull the trigger.

"a purse with a special pocket for a concealed weapon."

“And you had to unzip a compartment to find the handgun.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...m-at-wal-mart/

LOL Typical Idaho lifestyle, driving from Blackfoot to Hayden to visit g'pa and go shopping. I lived down the road in Pocatello while I studied at INEL where mom apparently had a significant job.

http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...cherichia_coli
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-31-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    This why I advise women against purse carry in general..
    So it is okay for men????[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

A tragedy for sure it been mentioned before improper carry for sure.

I have taught many women in self defense carry I teach off body carry is not a good idea.

Many women argue with me about purse carry as mention before it is a bad idea for many reasons.

The only time I would think it would be ok would be a specially designed purse that has a separate place for the firearm and reinforce shoulder strap.

Then only if it is carried over the shoulder with the strap always. Then it is not much different then a fanny pack.

As it is seen here if not on your person it is far to easy for an unauthorized person to access your firearm.

Far to easy to set it down and forget it.

As with many tragedies with a little fore thought it never would have happen.

Let hope others learn from it and it can be prevented from happening again
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast