Thread: Greentops and receipts

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Greentops and receipts

This is and is not an OC issue but has been discussed here before.
    I dropped by yesterday to discuss some problems Greentops was having which had made their way to the internet and especially Facebook. Mostly I got a song and dance about how they're trying to fix them and it's Sandy Hook's fault....so on.

Anyway, on the way out I saw a new door troll so I decided to ask.

First I asked if he caught anyone shoplifting today (I'm convinced the shoplifting problem is mostly in the minds of the people who bankrupted Circuit City).

He said "Not today".

Then I asked...."What do you do when someone refuses to show you a receipt?.

I was expecting some non existent law or medieval torture tactic, but he looked like he had been coached in the answer. He said....."We'll ban them from the store".

Interesting !
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-03-2015 at 04:30 AM. Reason: fixed title

does that mean they're going to start demanding ID on the way in so they can make sure you're not one of those people they've banned ? [/tongue from cheek]

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    does that mean they're going to start demanding ID on the way in so they can make sure you're not one of those people they've banned ? [/tongue from cheek]
    I stopped and talked to Donny yesterday. He's not running the show anymore but I sure miss the old days. Everyone was a friend there. Now it reminds me a lot of Walmart.
    Thank heaven for Hopkins and the internet.

I haven't been to Greentop since they moved, so what 3 - 4 years ago? I had no idea they had a receipt checker in place. Is it like the warehouse stores, where a line forms? Or random illegal profiling like Walmart?

There is no commercial business policy I absolutely hate and despise more than receipt checking.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Then I asked...."What do you do when someone refuses to show you a receipt?.

I was expecting some non existent law or medieval torture tactic, but he looked like he had been coached in the answer. He said....."We'll ban them from the store".
    If you simply say "no thank you" on the way out of the store, I wonder how they "ban" you... perhaps they just yell, "Sir, don't come back!!"
    Last edited by DrMark; 12-31-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

Interesting !
    They may or may not be able to match up my picture at the counter with my picture walking past the door weinie.

But I've got at least a dozen witnesses I promised to pay who will swear 1) it could not have been me 'cause I was with them somewhere else at the time, and 2) it was probably that snake-in-the-grass evil twin brother of mine who keeps swiping my plastic (you know, the card I never use when buying guns, ammo, or certain other categories of "stuff").

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I signed no contract prior to walking in their store - think private membership club. Once I pay for the merchandise, it is my personal property, and I do not take kindly to requests/demands for "Show me your papers!" - it is demeaning, embarrassing, and insulting.

If their internal security measures indicate that someone has concealed merchandise w/o paying for it - then detain them, but do not make me a subject in a witch hunt.

If they don't want me to shop there, I will go to friendlier establishments.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Greentop is good for one thing at least... I can OC while I fondle my next prospective firearm before I buy it somewhere else at a much better price.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Greentop is good for one thing at least... I can OC while I fondle my next prospective firearm before I buy it somewhere else at a much better price.
    There are circumstances when that stops being a "benefit". Allthough if all you are going there for is to [inappropriate term]-finger the merchandise the receipts policy does not apply, does it?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There are circumstances when that stops being a "benefit". Allthough if all you are going there for is to [inappropriate term]-finger the merchandise the receipts policy does not apply, does it?

stay safe.
    Nope

See what I'm getting at? If you have have no receipt (you didn't give them your money) they can't check your property!

Bass Pro is right down the street and they seem to trust their customers not to be scumbag shoplifters. Prices aren't any better on firearms though.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.