Thread: Do Maryland LEOs target handgun owners in traffic stops? (article)

Do Maryland LEOs target handgun owners in traffic stops? (article)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...them-for-traf/

Chilling, but fortunately, isolated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...them-for-traf/ Chilling, but fortunately, isolated incident.
    Chilling, but fortunately isolated incidentS, Fillipedes and Tonnesen.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I don't get this mentality:
    Academics say [Governor-elect] Mr. Hogan is likely to stay far away from gun control issues as he begins his tenure as a rare Republican elected official in a mostly blue state...
    Why doesn't he realize that the reason he was elected is because the people want such things to CHANGE?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Chilling, but fortunately isolated incidentS, Fillipedes and Tonnesen.
    Sorry ya lost me there. There is nothing in google about those with that spelling. Care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Sorry ya lost me there. There is nothing in google about those with that spelling. Care to explain?
    Those were the two victims of two separate incidents by just that one cop in this one article.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Those were the two victims of two separate incidents by just that one cop in this one article.
    OK, John Filippidis (note spelling) got it. Google kept sending me to the guy who ran the first Marathon.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    It is abundantly obvious this scum cop is conducting illegal searches based on flat out lies:
    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    “The officer who stopped Mr. Filippidis smelled the odor of marijuana in the vehicle on his initial approach of the vehicle,” Mr. Green said.
    “If they smelled pot, why didn’t they arrest me for pot?” Mr. Filippidis said. “This whole thing just doesn’t add up. Smoking in front of my kids driving home from Christmas with the family? Come on. We walked away from the entire incident without even a ticket — for anything.”

As for Mr. Tonnesen, a search of his vehicle was justified after the same officer felt threatened and that Mr. Tonnesen was hiding something as both of his hands weren’t readily visible. He was also pulled over for speeding.
    I felt threaten because the victim's hands weren't both readily visible so that justifies a search!!! GRRRR!!!
    I hate Maryland so much and I have to go there frequently!
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

I felt threaten because the victim's hands weren't both readily visible so that justifies a search!!! GRRRR!!!
    I hate Maryland so much and I have to go there frequently![/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I lived in Maryland for about 20 years and decided to leave because of the prior governor's assault on guns of
    every type. I was a state licensed gun collector with many Class III guns. I've been fingerprinted and background checked every which way,
    more times than I care to mention.

When I applied for a MD carry permit, I was interviewed and summarily rejected???
    That sealed the deal for me, I may still have to work there.....but I live in West Virginia and proud of it!

Darryl

Do Maryland LEOs target handgun owners in traffic stops?

Apparently so...their protestations notwithstanding.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare