Thread: - Federal appeals courts ring in New Year with 2d Amendment victories

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    8,722 - Federal appeals courts ring in New Year with 2d Amendment victories

In 2014 gun rights proponents achieved a string of gun rights victories in the courts, legislatures, and public opinion. The courts struck down a number of federal and state gun restrictions on Second Amendment grounds, the legislatures of Kansas and Missouri legalized the open carry of handguns, and voters in Castle Rock, Colorado voted to repeal restrictions on open carry.

Meanwhile, public pressure forced New Jersey officials into easing off zero-tolerance policies against gun owners traveling through the Garden State, and the New York Times concluded that the term “assault weapon” was a “myth,” . . .

. . .

White Oak Plantation
    "...shall not be infringed." remains a vexing ambiguity it seems.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare