Thread: Peachtree City Employee Shoots Wife, Twice, Gets Administrative Leave

Peachtree City Employee Shoots Wife, Twice, Gets Administrative Leave

PEACHTREE CITY, Ga.
    A Peachtree City employee is on administrative leave after shooting his wife twice Thursday morning.
    on administrative leave after shooting his wife twice Thursday morning.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says city employee William McCollom called 911 just after 4 a.m. Thursday saying he had accidentally shot his wife, Margaret, at their home on Autumn Leaf.

Margaret McCollom, 58, was airlifted to Atlanta Medical Center, where she is listed in critical condition.

The GBI is handling the investigation.
    As the city employee has been placed on administrative leave and not arrested, would anyone care to speculate on the city employee's job?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    wsbtv.xxx/news/news/local/wife-peachtree-city-police-chief-shot/njdyf/?kGnwev]PEACHTREE CITY, Ga.[/url] —As the city employee has been placed on administrative leave and not arrested, would anyone care to speculate on the city employee's job?
    My browser displays the answer url.

Bang! "Oh shoot, an AD!" BANG! "Darned gun, another one."
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-01-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

News reporting the "city employee" was the Chief of Police.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local.../njdyf/?kGnwev

Kinda like the old joke:
    "Accidentally shot him 14 times......had to reload twice".
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 01-01-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

How the hell do you negligently shoot someone TWICE? Maybe the resident apologist can explain this one.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    PEACHTREE CITY, Ga.

As the city employee has been placed on administrative leave and not arrested, would anyone care to speculate on the city employee's job?
    I expect that he would be promoted.

Happy New Year ! I'm a gett'in a new wife !

The corrected report is now saying she was only shot once, not twice.

There may or may not be some serious concerns of special treatment still, but it does at least help his case.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The corrected report is now saying she was only shot once, not twice.

There may or may not be some serious concerns of special treatment still, but it does at least help his case.
    He missed once ... hey 50% hit rate ain't that bad !

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said criminal charges are possible but they would wait for the GBI to complete their investigation.

"We have no leanings one way or the other at this point because we just don't know. There are a lot of things we don't know yet about what took place that we need to know before we can make any decisions," Ballard told Channel 2's Aaron Diamant.
    The discharge of a firearm in GA, not in justified self defense or hunting/recreation, is maybe unlawful? We don't know? There is a odor coming from Mr. Ballard...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I wonder how it would be treated if an ordinary citizen "accidentally" shot his wife. Forgot the whole administrative leave thing, that's another argument... why wasn't he arrested until they can investigate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    I wonder how it would be treated if an ordinary citizen "accidentally" shot his wife. Forgot the whole administrative leave thing, that's another argument... why wasn't he arrested until they can investigate?
    Possibly, lack of evidence of criminal intent. If he were to have backed over her with the car instead, would he have been arrested for what was an obvious accident?

My true beef with the whole thing is the 'administrative leave... with pay'. Why, if he's still being paid is he not providing the city with some sort of labor in recompense? Either let him work, or stop paying him to sit around on his duff.

As I asked earlier, is there not a "negligent discharge law" or some such thing, especially if another is injured or killed. Kinda hard to gain a civil redress of negligence though.

Kind of hard to wrap my head around the notion that a dude shooting another person and no charges, beyond the wife not pressing charges, being filed. Getting real stinky down there...sniff sniff...yepper real stinky.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Hey, if the ref can pick up a flag in the Lions-Cowboy's game and Dick Cheney can shoot someone in the fact...why not -- one free shot at the wife for all.

Update, sort of.

When the dispatcher asked who shot his wife, McCollom answered: 'Me. The gun was in the bed, I went to move it, and I put it to the side and it went off.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-gunshot.html
    O-kaye...by the way, it was a Glock, who wudda thunk it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hey...and Dick Cheney can shoot someone in the fact...why not -- one free shot at the wife for all.
    You have to remember Cheney shot an attorney friend - got a new heart for that noble deed....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    You have to remember Cheney shot an attorney friend - got a new heart for that noble deed....
    Didn't know the dude was a lawyer, creates a different perspective on the incident...hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Update, sort of.

O-kaye...by the way, it was a Glock, who wudda thunk it.
    Let me fix his statement.

When the dispatcher asked who shot his wife, McCollom answered: 'Me. The gun was in the bed, I went to move it, and I put it to the side of her and it went off.'

Come on, everybody knows a Glock just does not go off, it only does that if the bang switch it touched by a grimy grabby thang located at the end of the palm. A trained police chief and firearms instructor "accident" discharged his Glock into his wife? I am not buying that or the bridge.

If he had a 1911 with a hair trigger I might have bought the story, but a Glock? Keep in mind I said hair trigger, as in less than 2 pounds. Glocks and expensive 1911s have about the same trigger pull, just glock is a tad longer and feels like a light switch with no break.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-06-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

The gun was in the bed...they had divorced and then got back together...hmmm, interesting. Why is it that Glocks are seemingly the only guns involved in these incidents. It has to be more than the "standard department issue" spiel.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post

Come on, everybody knows a Glock just does not go off, ...
    Do Glocks know this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Do Glocks know this?
    Glock is on this story like white on rice.

They have an account at "loverfind.org" and will find this guy a new wife in 20 days or less.

Whew! Dodged a bullet on that one! said the ex-husband/widower/whatever loser

Update: Wife of Peachtree City police chief paralyzed after shooting

...anyone care to speculate on the city employee's job?
    Chief garbage inspector?