Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: DMV Open Carry?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Lafayette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    69

    DMV Open Carry?

    Is Open Carry in Virginia DMV's okay? I believe it is, I just haven't found much about it in the last few years.

  2. #2
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213
    Yes multiple members have oc'd at DMV.

    Sent using Tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  3. #3
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    I have OC'd at the DMV several times. No issues, just a second glance from the security guard.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Yes multiple members have oc'd at DMV.

    Sent using Tapatalk
    Sometimes certain evil, viscious folks do it just to see if the rent-a-cop doesn't know that there's nothing preventing it.

    Speaking of that, we all need to get behind http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...151+sum+HB1390 - which would effectively be state preemption.

    Almost as importantly, where is there no Senate Bill miroring that?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Sometimes certain evil, viscious folks do it just to see if the rent-a-cop doesn't know that there's nothing preventing it.

    Speaking of that, we all need to get behind http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...151+sum+HB1390 - which would effectively be state preemption.

    Almost as importantly, where is there no Senate Bill miroring that?

    stay safe.
    That would be moving in the right direction - state colleges/universities?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    That would be moving in the right direction - state colleges/universities?
    Wouldn't they fall into "any department, agency, or other entity of the Commonwealth"?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot

    That would be moving in the right direction - state colleges/universities?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Wouldn't they fall into "any department, agency, or other entity of the Commonwealth"?

    stay safe.
    I think so - sincerely hope so......that would be a quantum leap forward.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •