• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DMV Open Carry?

Lafayette

Is Open Carry in Virginia DMV's okay? I believe it is, I just haven't found much about it in the last few years.

The Truth

I have OC'd at the DMV several times. No issues, just a second glance from the security guard.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sometimes certain evil, viscious folks do it just to see if the rent-a-cop doesn't know that there's nothing preventing it.

Speaking of that, we all need to get behind http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?151+sum+HB1390 - which would effectively be state preemption.:D

Almost as importantly, where is there no Senate Bill miroring that?:(

stay safe.
That would be moving in the right direction - state colleges/universities?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

That would be moving in the right direction - state colleges/universities?
Wouldn't they fall into "any department, agency, or other entity of the Commonwealth"?

stay safe.
I think so - sincerely hope so......that would be a quantum leap forward.