Thread: New from Green Bay.

New from Green Bay.

Hello all. As the title states im new and live in Green Bay. I've actually never "open carried". More so stick to being concealed. Going to start wearing my ka-bar around town. Is anone else here familiar with Green Bay at all? The bay park mall has a sign up that says "local ordinances unforced on property". Was always wondering what they were getting at. There ordinance doesn't meant crap to me. As far as I'm informed the state says im allowed to carry on property now, just not inside. Anywho looking forward to learning from the site

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1791 View Post
    Hello all. As the title states im new and live in Green Bay. I've actually never "open carried". More so stick to being concealed. Going to start wearing my ka-bar around town. Is anone else here familiar with Green Bay at all? The bay park mall has a sign up that says "local ordinances unforced on property". Was always wondering what they were getting at. There ordinance doesn't meant crap to me. As far as I'm informed the state says im allowed to carry on property now, just not inside. Anywho looking forward to learning from the site
    Quite sure you mean "enforced."

Knife laws in Wisconsin:
    http://www.knifeup.com/wisconsin-knife-laws/

Others will be along soon to elaborate.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Yes, enforced. sorry.

Be careful. The police will arrest for any reason or no reason. Then you may beat their rap but you will not beat their ride.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Be careful. The police will arrest for any reason or no reason. Then you may beat their rap but you will not beat their ride.
    Some benefit from the Ka-Ching that follows the deprivation of rights - just sayin'.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

If you are looking for someone to carry with: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-a-first-timer

Here is what you need to know about carrying in WI: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ou-should-know

By the way, you can ignore Doug Hoffman, aka nightmare, aka Franky, aka who know how many other usernames currently registered, aka more than 3 dozen user names that have been banned for breaking a number of forum rules here.
    Last edited by protias; 01-10-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

thanks for the info Portias. So the places you can carry concealed vs open carry are different? I see the class b alcohol resturants. Pretty sure you can carry concealed in a tavern as long as you do not drink an alcoholic beverage...
    Last edited by Jimmy1791; 01-11-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Stupid auto correct

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1791 View Post

thanks for the info Portias. So the places you can carry concealed vs open carry are different? I see the class b alcohol resturants. Pretty sure you can carry concealed in a tavern as long as you do not drink an alcoholic beverage...
    You can carry openly or concealed in a place that has a Class B liquor license as long as it isn't posted. If you have permission to be there from the manager or owner, you can consume alcohol while OCing. However, if you get pulled over, I'm sure some cop will love to throw you in jail because you have a greater than .00 BAC and carrying.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1791
    So the places you can carry concealed vs open carry are different?
    Nope.
    If it's legal to carry in a particular place, you decide whether you want to carry openly or concealed.
    Only place OC is prohibited but cc is allowed is the state capitol, and that's just a policy of the state police, not a law.

Our preemption statute specifically protects both open & concealed carry.
    http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/stat...s/66/IV/0409/6

The concealed carry licensing statute specifically protects a person's right to carry openly.
    http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/stat...tes/175/60/2/c

The disorderly conduct statute specifically says that OC /= DC.
    http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/stat...tutes/947/01/2