Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCDL Legislative Tracking Tool 2015 ???

VCDL Legislative Tracking Tool 2015 ???

Is there a VCDL legislative tracking tool for the 2015 session?

Can't find one on OCDO or the VCDL Website.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

2015 Legislative session Convenes January 14, 2015

VCDL Tracking Tool
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I stopped by the Printing Office in the GA on Monday. Was told that they will have nothing available (bills, committee to which assigned, etc) until the first day of the session. Really appreciate the lead time (sarcasm).
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Legislative Information Services 2015 Session list of bills. http://leg1.state.va.us/lis.htm

Wade through it -it has status including referral to committee. Committee hearing dates are not yet up - probably will not be "announced" till the end of the first day of the session.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    2015 Legislative session Convenes January 14, 2015

VCDL Tracking Tool
    Shooting blanks right now.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I just tried it and looks like it's working now:

http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2015leg.html

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_h View Post
    I just tried it and looks like it's working now:

http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2015leg.html
    Would appear to be more of a work in progress. It is by no means complete.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Would appear to be more of a work in progress. It is by no means complete.

The bills are just now starting to roll in Grape. Hopefully it'll be up to speed next week. The 16th is the deadline for new bills I think.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The bills are just now starting to roll in Grape. Hopefully it'll be up to speed next week. The 16th is the deadline for new bills I think.
    Rest your steed well and keep the gate clear.....we ride straight through if need be.

Rest your steed well and keep the gate clear.....we ride straight through if need be.
    There are a couple in there that worry me already.

There are a couple in there that worry me already.
    Are there any other than those indicated as "Bills We Strongly Oppose" ?

Are there any other than those indicated as "Bills We Strongly Oppose" ?
    Probably not Grape.

No need to wade thru THIS website!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Legislative Information Services 2015 Session list of bills. http://leg1.state.va.us/lis.htm

Wade through it -it has status including referral to committee. Committee hearing dates are not yet up - probably will not be "announced" till the end of the first day of the session.

stay safe.
    If you need to track any bills this website uses the data from the Leg. Info. Services but has been turbo-charged with some amazing features.

https://www.richmondsunlight.com/

I've used it for several years and still can't get over the added value this dude has put into it!

He's taken the broken-down old rattle trap truck of the LIS and added new shocks, wide tires, power steering, electric windows, A/C, sub-woofer sound system and one of them fancy, song playin' horns.

Enjoy.

See you on Lobby Day!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Reddy View Post
    If you need to track any bills this website uses the data from the Leg. Info. Services but has been turbo-charged with some amazing features.

https://www.richmondsunlight.com/

I've used it for several years and still can't get over the added value this dude has put into it!

--snipped--
    Very much appreciate that link - some interesting tweaks there.

What I cannot understand though is how some bills are indicated as "dead," when the GA is not even in session yet. Wonder if that maybe is supposed to be "withdrawn?"

What I cannot understand though is how some bills are indicated as "dead," when the GA is not even in session yet. Wonder if that maybe is supposed to be "withdrawn?"
    It appears they have not yet converted (either in part or in whole) over to the 2015 session yet.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    It appears they have not yet converted (either in part or in whole) over to the 2015 session yet.

TFred
    Ooops - need to look more carefully when approaching intersections

Ooops - need to look more carefully when approaching intersections
    I think there may be more to it than that... someone must know... having to do with the short vs. long sessions... they don't start over at "1" with the bill numbers this year, they start in the 1200s for the House, which leads me to conclude that they count the two sessions together somehow. Maybe because of the two-year budget cycle?

I don't understand it.

TFred

P4PAgain the favorite of VCDL

P4P: 6. Constitutional Carry 0

So far six P4P bills strongly endorsed.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    P4P: 6. Constitutional Carry 0

So far six P4P bills strongly endorsed.
    Do you really think the numbers are there to override a veto? It is well known that VCDL endorses/desires Constitutional Carry.

How many bills have you prepared/offered to your elected representatives? Visiting those legislators, attending committee meetings and floor votes, otherwise making your feelings/wishes known is better than letting the crickets be your voice in the People's House. We know where you stand, but do THEY?

Hammer your nails selectively and effectively.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-12-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Thundar, I'm not counting making CHP's lifetime P4P....It doesn't impact OC at all. There are a couple so far that are and I'm not happy about them, but VCDL will do what they will. I just don't want to criticize them unfairly.

Do you really think the numbers are there to override a veto? It is well known that VCDL endorses/desires Constitutional Carry.

How many bills have you prepared/offered to your elected representatives? Visiting those legislators, attending committee meetings and floor votes, otherwise making your feelings/wishes known is better than letting the crickets be your voice in the People's House. We know where you stand, but do THEY?

It is well known that when there was a constitutional carry bill and no democrat veto that VCDL did not strongly endorse the bill, but did strongly endorse many P4P bills. Yes the window of opportunity was squandered by many, not just VCDL.

I have offered a lot to my delegate Mame BaCote, but she is a dyed in the wool statist. I advocate a lot of pro liberty bills and amendments to bills to her, but she really does hate me. I am a continuous pain in her....

My voice has never been crickets. I have been a strong advocate in the Hampton Roads are all the way back to the DANBUS days. It is disappointing that you offer pejorative comments towards me for daring to point out simple truths that ruffle your feathers.

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar

Your public servants hard at work already!

Turns out the "dead" ones are 2014 bills carried over to 2015, and voted down in committee in the last month or so.

It is well known that when there was a constitutional carry bill and no democrat veto that VCDL did not strongly endorse the bill, but did strongly endorse many P4P bills. Yes the window of opportunity was squandered by many, not just VCDL.

I have offered a lot to my delegate Mame BaCote, but she is a dyed in the wool statist. I advocate a lot of pro liberty bills and amendments to bills to her, but she really does hate me. I am a continuous pain in her....

My voice has never been crickets. I have been a strong advocate in the Hampton Roads are all the way back to the DANBUS days. It is disappointing that you offer pejorative comments towards me for daring to point out simple truths that ruffle your feathers.

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    Did not attack you - I know what VCDL does. Didn't know what you do - perhaps you should direct your efforts towards those that are more receptive/amenable.

Thundar, I'm not counting making CHP's lifetime P4P....It doesn't impact OC at all. There are a couple so far that are and I'm not happy about them, but VCDL will do what they will. I just don't want to criticize them unfairly.
    Peter,

My philosophy is that all energy put towards privileges instead of rights is P4P. In the year constitutional carry made it to the legislature VCDL put almost all of its energy behind restaurant carry. They didn't even strongly endorse Constitutional carry. Libertarians, not VCDL, carried the water and endorsement of constitutional carry.

I'll bet 'ya the number 1 effort of VCDL will be lifetime permits. Watch they will again push P4P issues.

Peter,

My philosophy is that all energy put towards privileges instead of rights is P4P. In the year constitutional carry made it to the legislature VCDL put almost all of its energy behind restaurant carry. They didn't even strongly endorse Constitutional carry. Libertarians, not VCDL, carried the water and endorsement of constitutional carry.

I'll bet 'ya the number 1 effort of VCDL will be lifetime permits. Watch they will again push P4P issues.
    The bill you are most likely talking about, HB 139 from 2012, never had a chance. Bill Howell was not about to let it come to any vote. It was sent to committee, where it never made the docket. I don't recall which section of the chart the bill was listed on that year's tracking web page, are you asserting here that VCDL did not list this one in the "Bills We Strongly Support" section of their web page? Because of the way they reorganize the page as bills progress, there is no way to say for sure, but I would be very surprised if what you seem to be saying is true.

TFred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast