• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Legislative Tracking Tool 2015 ???

Thundar

Do you really think the numbers are there to override a veto? It is well known that VCDL endorses/desires Constitutional Carry.

How many bills have you prepared/offered to your elected representatives? Visiting those legislators, attending committee meetings and floor votes, otherwise making your feelings/wishes known is better than letting the crickets be your voice in the People's House. We know where you stand, but do THEY?

Hammer your nails selectively and effectively.

It is well known that when there was a constitutional carry bill and no democrat veto that VCDL did not strongly endorse the bill, but did strongly endorse many P4P bills. Yes the window of opportunity was squandered by many, not just VCDL.

I have offered a lot to my delegate Mame BaCote, but she is a dyed in the wool statist. I advocate a lot of pro liberty bills and amendments to bills to her, but she really does hate me. I am a continuous pain in her....

My voice has never been crickets. I have been a strong advocate in the Hampton Roads are all the way back to the DANBUS days. It is disappointing that you offer pejorative comments towards me for daring to point out simple truths that ruffle your feathers.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

B. Reddy

Your public servants hard at work already!

Very much appreciate that link - some interesting tweaks there.

What I cannot understand though is how some bills are indicated as "dead," when the GA is not even in session yet. Wonder if that maybe is supposed to be "withdrawn?"

Turns out the "dead" ones are 2014 bills carried over to 2015, and voted down in committee in the last month or so.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Do you really think the numbers are there to override a veto? It is well known that VCDL endorses/desires Constitutional Carry.

How many bills have you prepared/offered to your elected representatives? Visiting those legislators, attending committee meetings and floor votes, otherwise making your feelings/wishes known is better than letting the crickets be your voice in the People's House. We know where you stand, but do THEY?

Hammer your nails selectively and effectively.

It is well known that when there was a constitutional carry bill and no democrat veto that VCDL did not strongly endorse the bill, but did strongly endorse many P4P bills. Yes the window of opportunity was squandered by many, not just VCDL.

I have offered a lot to my delegate Mame BaCote, but she is a dyed in the wool statist. I advocate a lot of pro liberty bills and amendments to bills to her, but she really does hate me. I am a continuous pain in her....

My voice has never been crickets. I have been a strong advocate in the Hampton Roads are all the way back to the DANBUS days. It is disappointing that you offer pejorative comments towards me for daring to point out simple truths that ruffle your feathers.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar
Did not attack you - I know what VCDL does. Didn't know what you do - perhaps you should direct your efforts towards those that are more receptive/amenable.

Thundar

Thundar, I'm not counting making CHP's lifetime P4P....It doesn't impact OC at all. There are a couple so far that are and I'm not happy about them, but VCDL will do what they will. I just don't want to criticize them unfairly.

Peter,

My philosophy is that all energy put towards privileges instead of rights is P4P. In the year constitutional carry made it to the legislature VCDL put almost all of its energy behind restaurant carry. They didn't even strongly endorse Constitutional carry. Libertarians, not VCDL, carried the water and endorsement of constitutional carry.

I'll bet 'ya the number 1 effort of VCDL will be lifetime permits. Watch they will again push P4P issues.

TFred

Peter,

My philosophy is that all energy put towards privileges instead of rights is P4P. In the year constitutional carry made it to the legislature VCDL put almost all of its energy behind restaurant carry. They didn't even strongly endorse Constitutional carry. Libertarians, not VCDL, carried the water and endorsement of constitutional carry.

I'll bet 'ya the number 1 effort of VCDL will be lifetime permits. Watch they will again push P4P issues.
The bill you are most likely talking about, HB 139 from 2012, never had a chance. Bill Howell was not about to let it come to any vote. It was sent to committee, where it never made the docket. I don't recall which section of the chart the bill was listed on that year's tracking web page, are you asserting here that VCDL did not list this one in the "Bills We Strongly Support" section of their web page? Because of the way they reorganize the page as bills progress, there is no way to say for sure, but I would be very surprised if what you seem to be saying is true.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The bill you are most likely talking about, HB 139 from 2012, never had a chance. Bill Howell was not about to let it come to any vote. It was sent to committee, where it never made the docket. I don't recall which section of the chart the bill was listed on that year's tracking web page, are you asserting here that VCDL did not list this one in the "Bills We Strongly Support" section of their web page? Because of the way they reorganize the page as bills progress, there is no way to say for sure, but I would be very surprised if what you seem to be saying is true.

TFred

I do recall mention of that bill being assigned to the Death Star Committee where it (as predicted) withered and died for lack of oxygen.

Last edited: