• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Legislative Tracking Tool 2015 ???

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I stopped by the Printing Office in the GA on Monday. Was told that they will have nothing available (bills, committee to which assigned, etc) until the first day of the session. Really appreciate the lead time (sarcasm).

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Legislative Information Services 2015 Session list of bills. http://leg1.state.va.us/lis.htm

Wade through it -it has status including referral to committee. Committee hearing dates are not yet up - probably will not be "announced" till the end of the first day of the session.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Would appear to be more of a work in progress. It is by no means complete.

The bills are just now starting to roll in Grape. Hopefully it'll be up to speed next week. The 16th is the deadline for new bills I think.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The bills are just now starting to roll in Grape. Hopefully it'll be up to speed next week. The 16th is the deadline for new bills I think.
Rest your steed well and keep the gate clear.....we ride straight through if need be.

B. Reddy

No need to wade thru THIS website!

Legislative Information Services 2015 Session list of bills. http://leg1.state.va.us/lis.htm

Wade through it -it has status including referral to committee. Committee hearing dates are not yet up - probably will not be "announced" till the end of the first day of the session.

stay safe.

If you need to track any bills this website uses the data from the Leg. Info. Services but has been turbo-charged with some amazing features.

https://www.richmondsunlight.com/

I've used it for several years and still can't get over the added value this dude has put into it!

He's taken the broken-down old rattle trap truck of the LIS and added new shocks, wide tires, power steering, electric windows, A/C, sub-woofer sound system and one of them fancy, song playin' horns.

Enjoy.

See you on Lobby Day!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you need to track any bills this website uses the data from the Leg. Info. Services but has been turbo-charged with some amazing features.

https://www.richmondsunlight.com/

I've used it for several years and still can't get over the added value this dude has put into it!

--snipped--
Very much appreciate that link - some interesting tweaks there.

What I cannot understand though is how some bills are indicated as "dead," when the GA is not even in session yet. Wonder if that maybe is supposed to be "withdrawn?"

TFred

Very much appreciate that link - some interesting tweaks there.

What I cannot understand though is how some bills are indicated as "dead," when the GA is not even in session yet. Wonder if that maybe is supposed to be "withdrawn?"
It appears they have not yet converted (either in part or in whole) over to the 2015 session yet.

TFred

TFred

Ooops - need to look more carefully when approaching intersections :(
I think there may be more to it than that... someone must know... having to do with the short vs. long sessions... they don't start over at "1" with the bill numbers this year, they start in the 1200s for the House, which leads me to conclude that they count the two sessions together somehow. Maybe because of the two-year budget cycle?

I don't understand it.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
P4P: 6. Constitutional Carry 0

So far six P4P bills strongly endorsed.
Do you really think the numbers are there to override a veto? It is well known that VCDL endorses/desires Constitutional Carry.

How many bills have you prepared/offered to your elected representatives? Visiting those legislators, attending committee meetings and floor votes, otherwise making your feelings/wishes known is better than letting the crickets be your voice in the People's House. We know where you stand, but do THEY?

Hammer your nails selectively and effectively.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thundar, I'm not counting making CHP's lifetime P4P....It doesn't impact OC at all. There are a couple so far that are and I'm not happy about them, but VCDL will do what they will. I just don't want to criticize them unfairly.