Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oops, I missed the dog - man shoots unarmed & innocent woman in chest, killing her

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Oops, I missed the dog - man shoots unarmed & innocent woman in chest, killing her

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...-year-old-son/

*Before anyone decides to go rabbit-chasing, innocent meaning undeserving of execution.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 01-07-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...pSJhCCKmfeOb7M G00gle real time coverage with 26 articles ATM
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Saw this earlier and figured someone would post it here. Some bad cops just love killing things.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Bad cop? Unlikely. Bad luck? Likely. Any further employment it LE must be forfeit. I await the findings of the investigation.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Bad cop? Unlikely. Bad luck? Likely. Any further employment it LE must be forfeit. I await the findings of the investigation.
    Err, what? Strongly disagree.
    Advocate freedom please

Good cops don't operate on fear or cause deadly accidents, so yeah - bad cop. You ever been attacked by a dog? A shot of pepper spray is very effective. People even use high powered pepper spray to get 9 foot brown bears to leave them alone. If you're smart enough, you can stop an aggressive dog with voice and body language. From the sounds of it, this cop wasn't even attacked, he was startled.

This specific cop is a complete moron and now someone is dead because of his stupidity, and the woman's husband and child got to witness their wife/mother killed for no reason other than the cop was scared of a dog. This is truly pathetic. I'm sure it's just an isolated incident though...

http://buzz.petsadviser.com/news/police-shooting-boxer/

Cops are supposed to be "the authority." Cops have rights that citizens do not have, especially in regards to firearms. Cops are expected to be more responsible, more level headed, and more skilled with a deadly weapon than an average citizen. Cops are also expected to be trusted with public safety. The above are examples of BAD COPS.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Good cops don't operate on fear or cause deadly accidents, so yeah - bad cop. You ever been attacked by a dog? A shot of pepper spray is very effective. People even use high powered pepper spray to get 9 foot brown bears to leave them alone. If you're smart enough, you can stop an aggressive dog with voice and body language. From the sounds of it, this cop wasn't even attacked, he was startled.

This specific cop is a complete moron and now someone is dead because of his stupidity, and the woman's husband and child got to witness their wife/mother killed for no reason other than the cop was scared of a dog. This is truly pathetic. I'm sure it's just an isolated incident though...

http://buzz.petsadviser.com/news/police-shooting-boxer/

Cops are supposed to be "the authority." Cops have rights that citizens do not have, especially in regards to firearms. Cops are expected to be more responsible, more level headed, and more skilled with a deadly weapon than an average citizen. Cops are also expected to be trusted with public safety. The above are examples of BAD COPS.
    Not to mention the fact that there were two adults familiar with the dog in the immediate vicinity capable of interfering with and stopping any dog attack, which as you said was apparently not even occurring, without jeopardizing the lives of others with unjustifiable, dangerous and reckless decision making and behavior.

As a side, does anyone (else) really think that the results of the investigation are worth waiting for? Come on...
    Advocate freedom please

Well the police officer was safe and able to go home to his family after all that is the most important thing, the matter of anyone else dying is irrelevant. If it take a pile of bodies for them to go home well then they should kill anyone they see after all there is nothing more important than a police officer going home at the end of his shift.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    Well the police officer was safe and able to go home to his family after all that is the most important thing, the matter of anyone else dying is irrelevant. If it take a pile of bodies for them to go home well then they should kill anyone they see after all there is nothing more important than a police officer going home at the end of his shift.
    Now you got it .. this guy will get a promotion. If the combat vet lets him.

I second the motion. Do I carry a firearm while hiking or camping here in Colorado? Hell, yes. But I also carry a can of pepper spray (bear mace).

Cops whose first action upon encountering the family pet is to draw and fire should themselves be FIRED. They should be held accountable to the same standards as other members of the community, if not a higher standard. If neighbors or guests entered a home and killed the family pet, they'd be in jail. Cops should meet the same fate.

This specific cop is a complete moron and now someone is dead because of his stupidity, and the woman's husband and child got to witness their wife/mother killed for no reason other than the cop was scared of a dog. This is truly pathetic.
    "To whom must is entrusted, much will be required."

Here's an idea: Change the training standards. When responding to a domestic disturbance, ask if they have any pets, to please put them in a back room and shut the door. Use mace, not firearms. If it's reasonably warm and they have pets, ask the couple to step outside. Ask to adjourn to a room where the pets can't reach them. Shoot the pet at first sight...

Now you can see how blitheringly idiotic that response is when put alongside reasonable responses.

That's one cop who needs to spend 5 to 20 behind bars for negligent homicide and wilfully endangering the lives of others.

I'm sure it's just an isolated incident though...
    Yeah... I get your drift. BAD COPS are BAD COPS. Best to get rid of them before they cause harm.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Forfeit further LE employment? I also strongly disagree! 3 or 4 days paid leave should be quite enough to teach this thug the "error" of his ways.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Forfeit further LE employment? I also strongly disagree! 3 or 4 days paid leave should be quite enough to teach this thug the "error" of his ways.
    Hmm obviously I was referring to bad cop vs. bad luck
    Advocate freedom please

Update.
    The officer tried to break up the fight when their dog jumped on him. The neighbor says he saw the officer step back and slip while he was drawing his gun.

http://www.kljb.com/story/27788130/b...hooting-update
    I will continue to await the findings of the investigation.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Update.I will continue to await the findings of the investigation.
    https://news.google.com/news/story?p...pSJhCCKmfeOb7M

Banned
    So that's what it was all aboot ....

Maybe they should have left their guns in the car? ETA: in for a picture of the dog.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 01-08-2015 at 12:15 PM.

What would you guys do if that happened to you? Cop shoots & kills your wife while trying to kill your dog...?
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Pierce the shield of qualified immunity - through the heart of the matter.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Hmm obviously I was referring to bad cop vs. bad luck
    Yeah it was obvious. I also thought my sarcasm was obvious. Sorry, I fell short.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    What would you guys do if that happened to you? Cop shoots & kills your wife while trying to kill your dog...?
    Any answers to this question are either too shameful to admit to or not allowed on this forum.
    Last edited by twoskinsonemanns; 01-10-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Am I present or not? Lots of variables.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    As I say, be careful out there because some are bad people with guns and some of them have badges.

There are times when not having a gun handy is a bad idea, and there are times when having one handy is not the best idea !! Anyone can train, and train and train about when and when not to use their fire arm !!! But its all just training, your frame of mind is a another story when the **** hits the fan !!! Yes the cop went home to his family but if he is any kind of man he was puking up his toe nails !!! I will not judge this man because I was not there !!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmountainman View Post
    there are times when having one handy is not the best idea !!
    enlighten me
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmountainman View Post
    I will not judge this man because I was not there !!
    This is what I keep telling people about Hitler.

You ever been attacked by a dog? A shot of pepper spray is very effective. People even use high powered pepper spray to get 9 foot brown bears to leave them alone. If you're smart enough, you can stop an aggressive dog with voice and body language.
    This specific cop is a complete moron and now someone is dead because of his stupidity, and the woman's husband and child got to witness their wife/mother killed.
    My quotes are edited to reflect my updated opinion (which hasn't changed).

I'm glad you're taking "the high road" and playing devil's advocate here. Someone's got to do it. That being said, my opinion of the officer has not changed simply based on the fact that he was indeed bitten. Any normal citizen who is not armed with all the necessary defense items may have only had a gun. Maybe the cop only had a gun. Who knows, but he's obviously not a very responsible shooter, and a gun in close proximity to others was probably not the smartest option.

I want to see pics of this "bite." It better be brutal, warranting "in fear for my life" deadly force. Where I live it's illegal to shoot within 100 feet of the street, probably for this very reason. IT'S UNSAFE.

Allow me to share a story with you.

I had a stray pit bull get into my yard one night. I think I even posted about it on here when it happened. It was a very large dog, probably 80 lbs. or more. I can only assume he was trying to get to my female pitty. He was so huge that he leapt over my chain link fence in one bound, only pushing with his hind legs to keep his mid-air momentum going. It was impressive. We had a short standoff about 10 feet away and he took a very aggressive stance while we got a feel for each other. A combination of a 500 lumen flashlight and my dominant body language told him it'd be in his best interest to high tail it outta my yard.

I'm glad he didn't attack me, because I had my hand on my .40 (still holstered, but cocked into single action) and he was big enough that I would not have felt bad to dispatch him and save myself some hospital bills. Come to find out (after I posted here about it) I would likely have been arrested and my pistol seized because there is an ordinance in my county that states it is illegal to discharge a firearm within 100 feet of a roadway. Not sure I could've proven self defense.

Cops don't really have that problem, eh?
    Last edited by The Truth; 01-10-2015 at 01:51 PM.

μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast