• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oops, I missed the dog - man shoots unarmed & innocent woman in chest, killing her

The Truth

Saw this earlier and figured someone would post it here. Some bad cops just love killing things.

The Truth

Good cops don't operate on fear or cause deadly accidents, so yeah - bad cop. You ever been attacked by a dog? A shot of pepper spray is very effective. People even use high powered pepper spray to get 9 foot brown bears to leave them alone. If you're smart enough, you can stop an aggressive dog with voice and body language. From the sounds of it, this cop wasn't even attacked, he was startled.

This specific cop is a complete moron and now someone is dead because of his stupidity, and the woman's husband and child got to witness their wife/mother killed for no reason other than the cop was scared of a dog. This is truly pathetic. I'm sure it's just an isolated incident though...

http://buzz.petsadviser.com/news/police-shooting-boxer/

Cops are supposed to be "the authority." Cops have rights that citizens do not have, especially in regards to firearms. Cops are expected to be more responsible, more level headed, and more skilled with a deadly weapon than an average citizen. Cops are also expected to be trusted with public safety. The above are examples of BAD COPS.

stealthyeliminator

Good cops don't operate on fear or cause deadly accidents, so yeah - bad cop. You ever been attacked by a dog? A shot of pepper spray is very effective. People even use high powered pepper spray to get 9 foot brown bears to leave them alone. If you're smart enough, you can stop an aggressive dog with voice and body language. From the sounds of it, this cop wasn't even attacked, he was startled.

This specific cop is a complete moron and now someone is dead because of his stupidity, and the woman's husband and child got to witness their wife/mother killed for no reason other than the cop was scared of a dog. This is truly pathetic. I'm sure it's just an isolated incident though...

http://buzz.petsadviser.com/news/police-shooting-boxer/

Cops are supposed to be "the authority." Cops have rights that citizens do not have, especially in regards to firearms. Cops are expected to be more responsible, more level headed, and more skilled with a deadly weapon than an average citizen. Cops are also expected to be trusted with public safety. The above are examples of BAD COPS.

Not to mention the fact that there were two adults familiar with the dog in the immediate vicinity capable of interfering with and stopping any dog attack, which as you said was apparently not even occurring, without jeopardizing the lives of others with unjustifiable, dangerous and reckless decision making and behavior.

As a side, does anyone (else) really think that the results of the investigation are worth waiting for? Come on... :rolleyes:

Phoenix David

Well the police officer was safe and able to go home to his family after all that is the most important thing, the matter of anyone else dying is irrelevant. If it take a pile of bodies for them to go home well then they should kill anyone they see after all there is nothing more important than a police officer going home at the end of his shift.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well the police officer was safe and able to go home to his family after all that is the most important thing, the matter of anyone else dying is irrelevant. If it take a pile of bodies for them to go home well then they should kill anyone they see after all there is nothing more important than a police officer going home at the end of his shift.

Now you got it .. this guy will get a promotion. If the combat vet lets him.

since9

Campaign Veteran

I second the motion. Do I carry a firearm while hiking or camping here in Colorado? Hell, yes. But I also carry a can of pepper spray (bear mace).

Cops whose first action upon encountering the family pet is to draw and fire should themselves be FIRED. They should be held accountable to the same standards as other members of the community, if not a higher standard. If neighbors or guests entered a home and killed the family pet, they'd be in jail. Cops should meet the same fate.

This specific cop is a complete moron and now someone is dead because of his stupidity, and the woman's husband and child got to witness their wife/mother killed for no reason other than the cop was scared of a dog. This is truly pathetic.

"To whom must is entrusted, much will be required."

Here's an idea: Change the training standards. When responding to a domestic disturbance, ask if they have any pets, to please put them in a back room and shut the door. Use mace, not firearms. If it's reasonably warm and they have pets, ask the couple to step outside. Ask to adjourn to a room where the pets can't reach them. Shoot the pet at first sight...

Now you can see how blitheringly idiotic that response is when put alongside reasonable responses.

That's one cop who needs to spend 5 to 20 behind bars for negligent homicide and wilfully endangering the lives of others.

I'm sure it's just an isolated incident though...

Yeah... I get your drift. BAD COPS are BAD COPS. Best to get rid of them before they cause harm.

Logan 5

What would you guys do if that happened to you? Cop shoots & kills your wife while trying to kill your dog...?

twoskinsonemanns

What would you guys do if that happened to you? Cop shoots & kills your wife while trying to kill your dog...?

Any answers to this question are either too shameful to admit to or not allowed on this forum.

Last edited: