Thread: TWT Poll, Should journalists be allowed to carry firearms ...?

TWT Poll, Should journalists be allowed to carry firearms ...?

Yes 45 (70%)
    No 18 (28%)
    Not sure 1 (1%)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/polls...arry-firearms/

Don't miss the comments.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

If they work for the government, then no. if they are private citizen the yes
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Banned
    Question posed:

Poll: Should journalists be allowed to carry firearms in the wake of the Paris terrorist attack?

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/polls...#ixzz3OByYJsbX
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I assume, since its a US paper, that they are asking about the press in the US...who already have the RKBA...but since they are employees of news businesses then their business likely can have a say..
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-07-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Even those that are rabidly anti-RKBA (here or elsewhere in the world) should be allowed to carry.

My concern is not about what training they do or do not get but about whether or not they have the mindset to use that firearm rather than believe mere possession will magically protect them. But that's the same concern I have about anybody who thinks about getting a firearm for self defense. If you don't have the mindset and the willingness, don't get a firearm.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Of course. The right to keep and bear arms is an unalienable right, same as the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Read more.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    [ ... ] I assume, since its a US paper, that they are asking about the press in the US...who already have the RKBA...but since they are employees of news businesses then their business likely can have a say..
    I wonder what are the proportions of freelance, loosely contracted and tightly held employee journalista, in the US and elsewhere? I imagine many more self-identify as journalista than earn their living that way, community organizers for instance.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

When will the corner office consider allowing the mail boy to pack heat just in case?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare