• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I moved to America for freedom...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Will be problem until all people are treated equally under the law, INCLUDING state agents.

Are you saying that if an agent of law enforcement breaks the law, we should be able to arrest them?

If so, fine by me.

Actually, this anarchist approach is untenable. However, the lawful approach is for government to do their job, which is protect the people. When cops are bad, get rid of them, regardless of rank.

Let's say you were the senior human resources manager for a large city. You were tired of fielding complaints, not only from citizens but from the mayor's office, town council, aldermen, news media, etc. In response, you implement some hard and fast rules, taking a TANSTAAFL approach (there ain't no such thing as a free lunch). These include a 10% promotion quota, a 75% retention quota, and a quit/dismissed quota of 15%, knowing that about 10% of the force quits every year. You also know the mean age for joining is 25.

If you start off with 1,000 personnel at age 25, after forty years of service, they'll be 65. Here are the numbers over 40 years:

HR Solution.jpg

After 20 years, there's only 45 people left from the 1,000 who joined. At 30 years, just 9 are left, and they're 55 years old. At 40 years, the two 65 year olds who are left face mandatory retirement.

This works because you're replenishing the force with new recruits every year. You're promoting only 10% -- the top performers -- from each year group. You're firing the bottom 5% of the force, and the 10% who quit every year take up the rest.

If those who remain in the department start slacking off or crossing the line because they're feeling their oats, lower the retention quotas to 65% and increase the fired quotas.

It works, but only if you have the moxy to make it stick.

Attachments

• HR Solution.jpg
    HR Solution.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 51

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Round 1 ends: Government 2, Citizen 0

Will the citizen now concede the match?

stay safe.

sudden valley gunner

Are you saying that if an agent of law enforcement breaks the law, we should be able to arrest them?

If so, fine by me.

Actually, this anarchist approach is untenable. However, the lawful approach is for government to do their job, which is protect the people. When cops are bad, get rid of them, regardless of rank.

Let's say you were the senior human resources manager for a large city. You were tired of fielding complaints, not only from citizens but from the mayor's office, town council, aldermen, news media, etc. In response, you implement some hard and fast rules, taking a TANSTAAFL approach (there ain't no such thing as a free lunch). These include a 10% promotion quota, a 75% retention quota, and a quit/dismissed quota of 15%, knowing that about 10% of the force quits every year. You also know the mean age for joining is 25.

If you start off with 1,000 personnel at age 25, after forty years of service, they'll be 65. Here are the numbers over 40 years:

View attachment 12319

After 20 years, there's only 45 people left from the 1,000 who joined. At 30 years, just 9 are left, and they're 55 years old. At 40 years, the two 65 year olds who are left face mandatory retirement.

This works because you're replenishing the force with new recruits every year. You're promoting only 10% -- the top performers -- from each year group. You're firing the bottom 5% of the force, and the 10% who quit every year take up the rest.

If those who remain in the department start slacking off or crossing the line because they're feeling their oats, lower the retention quotas to 65% and increase the fired quotas.

It works, but only if you have the moxy to make it stick.

Why is it untenable for citizens to make citizens arrest? And what would that have to do with anarchy?

I wish I could find a cite, but when I was younger an old gentle did make a citizen arrest on a cop for speeding, and it stuck.