Thread: Tactical Defensive Handgun (1) Course January 17, 2015 in Freeman, MO

Tactical Defensive Handgun (1) Course January 17, 2015 in Freeman, MO

Tactical Defensive Handgun (1) Course January 17, 2015 in Freeman, MO

CCJA & Gear Zone Tactical have teamed up to bring Cutting edge training to Missouri

starting @ 8:00am. This course will be followed by Handgun 2 on January 18, 2015

This course will focus on building a solid foundation of the proper shooting fundamentals and build solid firearms handling skills.

This will be the foundation for this course!

HANDGUN 1

This course is designed to develop safe weapon handling skills. The student will learn the basic fundamentals of shooting and how to safely draw their handgun out of the holster.

Prerequisites: None

Cost: $200.00

Topics:

Safety
    Fundamentals of Marksmanship Focusing on Front Sight & Trigger Control
    Malfunctions Type I, Type II, Type III
    Draw (5 steps)
    Magazine Changes / Handgun Manipulation
    Recoil management Proper Stance & Grip

Ammunition Requirements: 300 rounds

Gear: Pistol, holster, three magazines, magazine holders, belt, wraparound eye protection, ear protection, Baseball Cap, weapons cleaning kit, clothing appropriate for climate and conditions.

(540) 322-3000 office www.ccjatraining@gmail.com
    (540) 846-7088 cell Gear Zone Toll Free 1-888-432-7966

The Classroom portion of the class will be held @ Gear Zone, LLC
    7901 E. State Route W Freeman, MO 64746
    Toll Free 1-888-432-7966

COURSE AAR's:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=36977

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=36897

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=36847

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=35273

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=35519

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=22447

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34457

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Does this training (Course I) satisfy the requirements to acquire a Missouri concealed permit?

We really do like to see new registrants get involved on a more personal level along the way. Appreciate that you want to do business with the user/members here and acknowledge that training at all levels is a good thing - the more the better.

There are some that may feel somewhat uncomfortable with a hitherto unknown entity jumping out in such a fashion w/o any prior knowledge of who and what you are.

Tell us a little about yourself and your organization. How you are different and where do feel you are a better fit?

OCDO also has corporate sponsors/advertisers as witness the ads above - these help pay the operating expenses of OCDO, keeping the forum free to all. Please give that some consideration.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Does this training (Course I) satisfy the requirements to acquire a Missouri concealed permit?

We really do like to see new registrants get involved on a more personal level along the way. Appreciate that you want to do business with the user/members here and acknowledge that training at all levels is a good thing - the more the better.

There are some that may feel somewhat uncomfortable with a hitherto unknown entity jumping out in such a fashion w/o any prior knowledge of who and what you are.

Tell us a little about yourself and your organization. How you are different and where do feel you are a better fit?

OCDO also has corporate sponsors/advertisers as witness the ads above - these help pay the operating expenses of OCDO, keeping the forum free to all. Please give that some consideration.
    Grapeshot,

I'm not sure what I could tell you that is not on my web site or in the 7 AAR's that I attached to my post. However If you have questions or concerns please feel free to call (540) 322-3000 or stop by the Academy we are in Fredericksburg, Va. not to far from you!

Respectfully,

Tom

Tom Perroni / Training Director

Law Enforcement Officer/SWAT, Lead SWAT/TCCC Contract Medical Instructor for ACADEMI, U.S. Dept of State Contract Medic, U.S. Dept. of State Contract Firearms Inst, MVM Inc. Asst. Training Director, Former Contact Instructor Blackwater USA, NRA Certified Firearms Inst, DCJS General/Firearms Instructor, Maryland State Police Handgun Instructor, MEB,MDTS, Senior Instructor, Law Enforcement Pepper Spray Instructor, NAEMT TCCC/PHTLS Instructor, American Red Cross Instructor Trainer. ASHI Medical Instructor Trainer, Former contract Instructor Trainer for the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (PSS) for General Instructor/ Firearms Instructor development. Member of International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors (IALEFI), Member of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA), Member of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers (ASLET), Massachusetts Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors & Armorers Association Simulation Safety Instructor. Simunitions FX Instructor, Virginia EMT-B, & EMT-E, NREMT,EMT- Tactical, EMT-Wilderness, Glock, Remington, Mossberg, Bushmaster, Armorer Current PPS/PSD contractor.

Quote Originally Posted by DCJS Instructor View Post
    Grapeshot,

I'm not sure what I could tell you that is not on my web site or in the 7 AAR's that I attached to my post. However If you have questions or concerns please feel free to call (540) 322-3000 or stop by the Academy we are in Fredericksburg, Va. not to far from you!

Respectfully,

Tom

Tom Perroni / Training Director

--snipped--
    Your OP was soliciting business in Missouri. Individuals there would have an interest in whether this course satisfies the requirements for a permit in MO and would find it quite a trip to "stop by."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Anyone ever call you "Pep?"
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    ???

Tom -

Did you used to be Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy in Fredericksburg, Va? If you are, what happened to your website?

Did your range used to be somewhere out near Culpeper?

And are you still doing that bail-out drill that puts people prone 15 yards behind and 5 yards to the side of the vehicle? (Not saying it was "bad" - just different.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Why is a baseball cap? Five step draw?

Training is always a good thing. Freeman Mo, half way between Harrisonville, MO (state road 2, about two miles from the KS border) and Louisburg, KS (state road 68).

Wrong side of the state for me. How much is day two?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    ???
    Pep Streeback you are not. Might have been a compliment, but if so sure came the long way around the barn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092925/

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit