Thread: Something to laugh about tomorrow

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Something to laugh about tomorrow

On another board theres a fellow who is a firm believer in closing the gunshow loophole and making all gun sales go through a background check. He tries to rattle my chain and tonight he decided to tell tough guy stories.

This one was about his pulling off his outer garment to show an unarmed drunk who was yelling at someone, his gun.

I'll tell the rest tomorrow.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-10-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Banned
    How do you expect me to sleep? I'll be up all night antsy with anticipation on the second paragraph of what it appears will be a Homer-sized odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    How do you expect me to sleep? I'll be up all night antsy with anticipation on the second paragraph of what it appears will be a Homer-sized odyssey.
    Just have them tell you in person when you go down there for lobby day.

On the other hand its a pretty good chance its you on another board that's telling the stories. Except the story would have you scaring away cops by flashing your gun.

[emoji14]
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Well David, I don't know why you'd stay awake...we made fun of you last week.

Primos if you want to scare cops you don't wave guns...you just wave a rake or other implement that involves work.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

Primos if you want to scare cops you don't wave guns...you just wave a rake or other implement that involves work.
    Lol you got it. I hear shovels are terrifying. They imply dirt and work. [emoji33]
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Lol you got it. I hear shovels are terrifying. They imply dirt and work. [emoji33]
    Just like asking for volenteers in the service

Just like asking for volenteers in the service
    The cleaners in my USN shipyard wore shirts with It's A Dirty Job, But Somebody's Got To Do It under a caricature of a man with a submarine on his back.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Anyway I told the story at breakfast but the Readers Digest version is he ran over to the unarmed and shouting driver, pulled off his "outer garment" so the fellow could see his little gun. At the risk of needing therapy I did ask if he was wearing his tighty whities at least.

Mercifully, he didn't respond.

david -

Lobby Day is fast approaching. Please let me know where to send the ticket for you to come on down and show us how it's supposed to be done. Or would you prefer to pick them up at the Will Call desk?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    david -

Lobby Day is fast approaching. Please let me know where to send the ticket for you to come on down and show us how it's supposed to be done. Or would you prefer to pick them up at the Will Call desk?

stay safe.
    Hey, my legislature has started too ... my rep. is going to introduce a bill that I suggested...so I'll see if I have time.

how do you expect me to sleep? I'll be up all night antsy with anticipation on the second paragraph of what it appears will be a homer-sized odyssey.
    lol!
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Me thinks that story has a familiar ring to it. Is this a sequel?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Me thinks that story has a familiar ring to it. Is this a sequel?
    Bovine Sactology, Volume VI ?

Sigh....I really miss this place!
    NRA Life Member

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson