Thread: CCW Customer kills armed robber at Milwaukee barbershop. Custodial questioning.

CCW Customer kills armed robber at Milwaukee barbershop. Custodial questioning.

Milwaukee police said the robber started patting down customers when one of them pulled out a gun and shot the man. The co-owner said his customer protected himself and other patrons. "One of the customers acted in self-defense. He had his (concealed-carry permit), a registered firearm, and unfortunately killed the robber," Ty said.
    [ ... ]
    The gunman was taken into police custody for questioning.

http://www.wisn.com/news/customer-ki...rshop/30621188

Nothing yet in the MJS.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Milwaukee police said the robber started patting down customers when one of them pulled out a gun and shot the man. The co-owner said his customer protected himself and other patrons. "One of the customers acted in self-defense. He had his (concealed-carry permit), a registered firearm, and unfortunately killed the robber," Ty said.
    [ ... ]

Nothing yet in the MJS.
    Hmmmm..... interesting how that is worded for maximum emotional effect and to imply that the guy who shot the bad guy is a ...... bad guy "gunman".
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

The first time I read that I asked how do you take a dead man in for questioning? Poor reporting at best.

Also, there is no way to register a firearm in Wisconsin, that I am aware of, unless the guy is maybe from Illinois? Either Ty, the owner got that wrong, or more bad reporting.

And what's unfortunate about the patron killing the robber? Other than for the robber?

There was another robbery with two deaths I believe, a couple of months ago in Milwaukee also at a barbershop. Barbershops are hotbeds of cash holding customers ripe for the picking now? Not so much.
    Last edited by Wstar425; 01-10-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Just wait until Ashley Luthern of MJS covers it, it will be spinned woven into more news rag.

But the essential elements of (statutory) self-defense are not mentioned in the poor news coverage.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-10-2015 at 08:01 AM.

UPDATE!! Breaking MJS news catches up.

... the shooter was in police custody. Police officials said they believe that the shooting happened when a suspect was attempting to rob patrons of the business and one of the victims shot the suspect.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/b...288098491.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-10-2015 at 08:08 AM.

I like the comments on the TV news story:
    - free haircuts for a year
    -give the guy (the patriot) a police pension for doing the MPDs job...[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wstar425 View Post
    The first time I read that I asked how do you take a dead man in for questioning? Poor reporting at best.

Also, there is no way to register a firearm in Wisconsin, that I am aware of, unless the guy is maybe from Illinois? Either Ty, the owner got that wrong, or more bad reporting.

And what's unfortunate about the patron killing the robber? Other than for the robber?

There was another robbery with two deaths I believe, a couple of months ago in Milwaukee also at a barbershop. Barbershops are hotbeds of cash holding customers ripe for the picking now? Not so much.
    I assume that the gunman was the LAC and not the dead robber.

Why would he go in for questioning? I would not say a word. Arrest me or let me go. I'll simply call the witnesses to testify.

And if I was a witness, I would say nothing either. Anything you say can and will be used against you...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-10-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I assume that the gunman was the LAC and not the dead robber. Why would he go in for questioning? I would not say a word. Arrest me or let me go. I'll simply call the witnesses to testify.
    Custodial questioning is arrest and detention and handcuffs and remembering that everything said will be used against ones interests. The elements of self-defense are apparently at issue, and not mentioned in the poor news coverage.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-10-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I assume that the gunman was the LAC and not the dead robber.

Why would he go in for questioning? I would not say a word. Arrest me or let me go. I'll simply call the witnesses to testify.

And if I was a witness, I would say nothing either. Anything you say can and will be used against you...
    I have to agree with you. It's an absurd insult to the notion of justice that the scum bags arrested the victim in the first place. I wouldn't give any statements without a lawyer's advice.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

PLEASE someone find in the existing news coverage some mention of self-defense!

It is called a robbery and the robber is mentioned as having a gun, but ATM, that's all. There is no mention of a threat even.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I have to agree with you. It's an absurd insult to the notion of justice that the scum bags arrested the victim in the first place. I wouldn't give any statements without a lawyer's advice.
    +2

It is called a robbery and the robber is mentioned as having a gun, but ATM, that's all. There is no mention of a threat even.
    [ ... ]

Nothing yet in the MJS.
    Did you have a memory relapse? You cited where it mentions self defense.

[emoji12]
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    This robber has ( or had in this case?) got to be one of the dumbest guys ever !

"I'll take my time and check and see if anyone has a gun!"

Obviously, the bad guy wasn't a fan of old Clint Eastwood westerns. High Plains Drifter, could be wrong on movie, but he is getting a shave and they come in to shoot him but he already has the irons out and ready for them. Not sure if he got the shave after the excitement, but I think with a straight razor I would come back at a later time. I think the barber was shaking pretty well before all that happened anyway. I know, its just a movie.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

This robber has ( or had in this case?) got to be one of the dumbest guys ever !

"I'll take my time and check and see if anyone has a gun!"
    The large majority of criminals are not very intelligent having dealt with thousands of them on the job, of course the copious of drugs and alcohol normally used by a lot of them doesn't help.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Yeah, the customer (and barbershop owner) were cc (lawfully armed), the criminal was CCW (committing a crime, not lawfully armed).

The barbershop owner is quoted as saying that the criminal went into the bathroom to put on a mask (after having been in the shop unmasked, talking with the owner) and got his gun out then. When he came out, he obviously was threatening people with it while he robbed them.

And get a load of this comment on the WISN piece... making excuses for the criminal.
    Thats f##ked up that was my guy..he was goin thru alot..his parents were never their for him and since he was around 10 he had to do for himself..im not sayin he was right but its sad people are so anxious to us their registered guns they'l. Kill over pocket change..then ignorant people comment with encouragement like he did good..smh..r.i.p lil bro
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Level Up Barber Shop and Auto Body Repair...simply fantastic, America, what a country.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

MJS UPDATE MPD release name of would-be robber killed at barbershop

Deandre D. Sturdivant, 20, was fatally shot about 12:30 p.m. Friday inside Level Up Barber Shop in the 4900 block of N. 31st St. Investigators believe Sturdivant attempted to rob patrons at the barbershop when one of the robbery victims fired a gun, police have said.
    [ ... ]
    If the shooting is found to be self-defense, ...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/m...288298861.html

Previously 03-25-2012, 941.29(2), Possession of Firearm by Felon, Felony G, Guilty Due to Guilty Plea
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-12-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Yeah, the customer (and barbershop owner) were cc (lawfully armed), the criminal was CCW (committing a crime, not lawfully armed).

The barbershop owner is quoted as saying that the criminal went into the bathroom to put on a mask (after having been in the shop unmasked, talking with the owner) and got his gun out then. When he came out, he obviously was threatening people with it while he robbed them.

And get a load of this comment on the WISN piece... making excuses for the criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot
    Thats f##ked up that was my guy..he was goin thru alot..his parents were never their for him and since he was around 10 he had to do for himself..im not sayin he was right but its sad people are so anxious to us their registered guns they'l. Kill over pocket change..then ignorant people comment with encouragement like he did good..smh..r.i.p lil bro
    I am always astounded when I see this type of condemning self defense in the face of armed robbery. (double galactic face palm)
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

The perpetrator had the intellect of a box of rocks.

His decision to rob the patrons / owner of the barber shop brought about dire consequences.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired