• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still -- cops in NJ have no idea what the first amendment is

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...[there will be] training so that officers know how to handle cameras in the future...

Because this is such a new technology and it hadn't yet occurred to them that someone might videotape an incident.

He was released within a couple hours after getting to the station, and the top cops are saying they are going to dismiss the charges. The prosecutor admits a search warrant would have been needed to actually watch the tape, and that they did not have sufficient evidence to get that warrant. So that's pretty much admitting the detective was a total dumbass thug on the scene. How did he make detective?

fjpro2a

Follow up

I would like to know the detective's name, and what discipline he will receive. If he really, really understands that he did wrong, it is a step forward.

DeSchaine

I love how at the end of the vid the news station has the prosecutor RECORDED basically saying they violated this guys rights by arresting him and trying to take the tape without a warrant. Should make a civil suit a slam dunk.