• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cop says men cant sell ammunition. says its bizarre

wizzi01

OT: I shave (buzzcut) my head because by the age of 30, I was going bald and it was just easier and looked nicer then trying to grow out my hair and having a huge bald forehead.

On topic: I stopped watching the video after about 3 minutes and the only thing I could think was "Ok, you won, now shut up!"

Man I am glad you made it to 30. I however was 14 when my hair decided it didn't want to grow in areas. lol

The Truth

Why does this toolbag cop stand there for 15 minutes? Was he given orders to stand there no matter what? At what point is it harassment on the part of the officer? Why didn't the guys videoing ask if they were being detained or if they were free to go? Why didn't they move?

Such pointless nut-flexing on both sides. Why not sell the .22lr online or something? Is it really prudent for people to be aware that they can sell their ammo on a busy street corner? Is it a constant problem in Eureka that there are so many street ammo vendors and police harass them constantly?

What a waste of time. Both parties are idiots.

You technically can't OC in CA although it's been decided via case law that OC is Constitutionally protected and I saw no OC. Spineless!

Last edited:

XD40sc

NOTHING you say to a cop will ever be used in your defense, NOTHING!

So shut the **** up

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Classic example of the unwillingness of police to back off and admit they made a mistake. I suspect most will look for anything to get you on rather than apologizing for making an error and for wasting your time. I did have one do this to me 15 years ago when it was so obvious that he erred that there was absolutely nothing he could press. But I also got the feeling he was a really good officer and had no problem not pushing when he was wrong.

Kopis

i saw this on the blaze last night. i couldnt bear to watch the whole thing. Slightly comical though.

stealthyeliminator

i saw this on the blaze last night. i couldnt bear to watch the whole thing. Slightly comical though.

I didn't finish it either. I agree with the other posters that it really would have been better if the guy had just shut up instead of going on and on and on...

The Truth

I actually did laugh at the part where the cop asked how much the ammo cost and the guy said, "I'm not required to answer that question..." Then the car immediately driving by apparently asks how much and the guy yells, "Fifty dollars!"

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I actually did laugh at the part where the cop asked how much the ammo cost and the guy said, "I'm not required to answer that question..." Then the car immediately driving by apparently asks how much and the guy yells, "Fifty dollars!"

Couldn't have asked for better comedic timing.

I also chuckled when the cop turned his words around:

"Do you suspect me of being a felon in possession of ammunition?"

"With everything going on today, anyone could be a felon!"

Funny on multiple levels (intended and unintended). :lol:

I'm sure Mensa could find a spot for both of these guys.

Baked on Grease

Anyone else sick and tired of arrogant, argumentative, and vitriolic baiters?
On this forum, maybe... in these types of videos? Absolutely not. You can't bait good cops, so this video would have been quite boring by watching two men do lawful activities for hours and nothing happening. That would be a great thing to happen, but boring to watch none the less.

Since you can only catch bad cops with this "bait", then it mounts evidence against the 'few bad apples' argument in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
Anyone else sick and tired of arrogant, argumentative, and vitriolic baiters?

"Baiters"??????

Sounds a lot like "entrapment". What's your feeling on that?

Are undercover cops selling drugs to the public then arresting them "baiters"?

stealthyeliminator

No evidence that these men were attempting to set a stage for the purpose of causing a law enforcement reaction that would be unlawful, while recording the reaction for use as evidence in a prosecution against the officers. Looked more like they were simply demanding the rights of the people be understood and respected. That, I'm not sure I'll ever grow weary of.

sudden valley gunner

No evidence that these men were attempting to set a stage for the purpose of causing a law enforcement reaction that would be unlawful, while recording the reaction for use as evidence in a prosecution against the officers. Looked more like they were simply demanding the rights of the people be understood and respected. That, I'm not sure I'll ever grow weary of.

+1 Even if they were baiters they weren't masters at it. ;)

On that note I have no problem with the civilians baiting cops. A cop who falls for the bait shouldn't be a cop. I also believe there is no such thing as entrapment when a civilian sets up a government agent.

OC for ME

After the King's Tribunal ruled that cops can "misunderstand" the law, and jack you up as a result without being held to account, I'd be a wee bit more prepared in my delivery than in the old days.