• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another spouse shooting - North Carolina this time

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm sure the guy did something at sometime to deserve getting shot in the chest ...

http://myfox8.com/2015/01/09/nc-wom...and-who-tried-to-surprise-her-with-breakfast/

A North Carolina woman accidentally shot her husband in the chest after he tried to surprise her with breakfast, according to authorities....Police said the injured husband was able to walk and talk after the shooting and has since been released from the hospital.

"Hey, underpants!" "I'm OK !" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLYSnTTAZXY

Shovelhead

My wife and I often stay miles apart due to my work.
She tried to 'surprise me' by coming in very quietly one night.
Heard the door open, and someone moving around in the living room without turning on the light.
Heard the individual trying to move quietly down the hall.
Training kicked in.
Identify the target was paramount.
She didn't see the 1911 held low ready when the flashlight lit her up.
But she was gently reminded that, while surprises are nice, sneaking into what should be an empty house in the middle of the night was not a bright move.
She calls first now...........

Last edited:

HPmatt

getting shot in the chest through a wood door - surprised the husband has been discharged....talk about splinters festering - Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverick9

There's more to this story, I'm thinking. He did something that scared her, but then talked her out of pressing charges. I think he lived and was discharged from the hospital.

We won't know what really happened.

SFCRetired

There's more to this story, I'm thinking. He did something that scared her, but then talked her out of pressing charges. I think he lived and was discharged from the hospital.

We won't know what really happened.

He's a soldier, went to work, and then sneaked back home to make his wife breakfast? Dunno how it is in today's Army, but that wouldn't have gone over too big back when I was in.