Thread: Have you ever been SO anti-gun ...

Have you ever been SO anti-gun ...

... that you made an employee take off a "No Parking Between Signs" sign, stick a No Guns "Excluding Law Enforcement" sign on the back, and put it back up?

Ladies and gents, you see the work of my town mayor at my place of employment, a local utilities branch. He's a little miffed that I open carry at the bank. He's even more miffed that his son, who happens to be a cop, couldn't convince the bank manager to put up a sign saying "No Guns." I've heard there's even a sign in the works for City Hall.
    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.

More parking for everyone! YEA!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    More parking for everyone! YEA!
    And we get rid of those troublesome Beretta M9's!

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    How is that even lawful? Who's the mayor to take down one of the city's signs and replace it with another?
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    How is that even lawful? Who's the mayor to take down one of the city's signs and replace it with another?
    A man who would be king.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    With that much arrogance, it shouldn't be all that hard to find other things this man has done to exceed his authority. See if he has access to a city credit card, vehicle, cellphone, etc. and if he has been using them for "personal business".

Then vote him out the next election with all these revelations.
    He's done even worse.

He's monkeyed with the property tax.

I guess you are stuck with revolvers at that location.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I guess you are stuck with revolvers at that location.
    Nah, just gotta stay away from Beretta 92's and Taurus knockoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    Ladies and gents, you see the work of my town mayor at my place of employment, a local utilities branch. He's a little miffed that I open carry at the bank. He's even more miffed that his son, who happens to be a cop, couldn't convince the bank manager to put up a sign saying "No Guns." I've heard there's even a sign in the works for City Hall.
    This past week, Duke University proclaimed their Islamic student union would be forcing their prayer down the throats of all other students on campus by blaring it through loudspeakers from the top of the Christian steeple.

They heralded is as some liberal unmentionable, but more than 30,000 alumni and other concerned citizens absolutely shut down the switchboards at Duke for three days straight while voicing their vehement objections. Result: Duke University withdrew the proposed event.

My point is that perhaps what this mayor needs most is to be flooded with calls from concerned citizens asking him, "Why in God's good name did you pull that stunt, your honor?"

A leading problem with many politicians is they're too strongly convicted that they're right to see dissent as anything other than inconsequential until it overwhelms their entire perception of reality.

So... Overwhelm his entire perception of reality. You're in Tennessee, for crying out loud. Float some polls. Put out flyers with the mayor's number on it. Stage some protests.

Or... Run for mayor yourself, on a platform that you're as qualified as the mayor, but unlike the incumbent, you actually support and honor the Constitutional rights of the voters.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    <snip>

Or... Run for mayor yourself, on a platform that you're as qualified as the mayor, but unlike the incumbent, you actually support and honor the Constitutional rights of the voters.
    People do run for public offices stating this ... they usually do not get any party support. Why? We know why.

You must be the same guy from the TN subforum. Man, that guy really hates guns. He should cancel his alarm service at home and just put a no robbery permitted sticker on his front door. Oh and make a law that says robbery is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    People do run for public offices stating this ...
    Of course not. The People wouldn't believe it. Two hundred plus years of lying politicians have them jaded.

they usually do not get any party support. Why? We know why.
    Aye.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    And we get rid of those troublesome Beretta M9's!
    Down with foreign made guns! Protectionism for American trade...YEAH!
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.