• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Have you ever been SO anti-gun ...

Silvertongue

... that you made an employee take off a "No Parking Between Signs" sign, stick a No Guns "Excluding Law Enforcement" sign on the back, and put it back up?

Ladies and gents, you see the work of my town mayor at my place of employment, a local utilities branch. He's a little miffed that I open carry at the bank. He's even more miffed that his son, who happens to be a cop, couldn't convince the bank manager to put up a sign saying "No Guns." I've heard there's even a sign in the works for City Hall.

Silvertongue

With that much arrogance, it shouldn't be all that hard to find other things this man has done to exceed his authority. See if he has access to a city credit card, vehicle, cellphone, etc. and if he has been using them for "personal business".

Then vote him out the next election with all these revelations.
;)

He's done even worse.

He's monkeyed with the property tax.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Ladies and gents, you see the work of my town mayor at my place of employment, a local utilities branch. He's a little miffed that I open carry at the bank. He's even more miffed that his son, who happens to be a cop, couldn't convince the bank manager to put up a sign saying "No Guns." I've heard there's even a sign in the works for City Hall.

This past week, Duke University proclaimed their Islamic student union would be forcing their prayer down the throats of all other students on campus by blaring it through loudspeakers from the top of the Christian steeple.

They heralded is as some liberal unmentionable, but more than 30,000 alumni and other concerned citizens absolutely shut down the switchboards at Duke for three days straight while voicing their vehement objections. Result: Duke University withdrew the proposed event.

My point is that perhaps what this mayor needs most is to be flooded with calls from concerned citizens asking him, "Why in God's good name did you pull that stunt, your honor?"

A leading problem with many politicians is they're too strongly convicted that they're right to see dissent as anything other than inconsequential until it overwhelms their entire perception of reality.

So... Overwhelm his entire perception of reality. You're in Tennessee, for crying out loud. Float some polls. Put out flyers with the mayor's number on it. Stage some protests.

Or... Run for mayor yourself, on a platform that you're as qualified as the mayor, but unlike the incumbent, you actually support and honor the Constitutional rights of the voters.

davidmcbeth

Banned
<snip>

Or... Run for mayor yourself, on a platform that you're as qualified as the mayor, but unlike the incumbent, you actually support and honor the Constitutional rights of the voters.

People do run for public offices stating this ... they usually do not get any party support. Why? We know why.

Kopis

You must be the same guy from the TN subforum. Man, that guy really hates guns. He should cancel his alarm service at home and just put a no robbery permitted sticker on his front door. Oh and make a law that says robbery is illegal.