Thread: flashlights in Tulsa

flashlights in Tulsa

Ive read where people have asked about flashlights. Recently i went to oklahoma police supply in Tulsa and to my amazement the technology has came down in price while the quality went up.

How many of my fellow okies have trained with a flashlight? If you havent then you should check out special ops on admiral or oklahoma police supply on admiral.

I personally carry the fenix brand flashlights and if you chose this route you wont go wrong.

Consider it an investment that could easily save your life in a critical situation.
    Full Supporter of the second Amendment!

Be careful seeking advice on Forums pertaining to law. Bad advice is often given from people who do not know or understand the law. Always read the law yourself and if you do not understand seek legal advice from a qualified legal expert. Following online advice can land you in legal trouble.

Banned

Why carry such a humongous, antiquated 6-D MagLite when you can carry something a quarter of the size and 3X the brightness?

Fenix, Nitecore, and Surefire seem to be the best options for tac-lights. Insane brightness (1,000+ lumens) or downright batsh!t crazy brightness (3,000+ lumens) can be had in a reasonable sized flashlight now if you're willing to pay the price.

I use an advertised 500 lumen light now (some no name junk), but it seems more like around 300. I've been thinking of upgrading for a while now. I'm still trying to find a good hybrid light that has exceptional throw without sacrificing too much on the flood aspect of the light.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

LOL MagLite is a LTL Back Up Gadget, it was the first one I grabbed when my watersoftener brine discharge froze and flooded the gardenroom
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-12-2015 at 03:46 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Why carry such a humongous, antiquated 6-D MagLite when you can carry something a quarter of the size and 3X the brightness?

Fenix, Nitecore, and Surefire seem to be the best options for tac-lights. Insane brightness (1,000+ lumens) or downright batsh!t crazy brightness (3,000+ lumens) can be had in a reasonable sized flashlight now if you're willing to pay the price.

I use an advertised 500 lumen light now (some no name junk), but it seems more like around 300. I've been thinking of upgrading for a while now. I'm still trying to find a good hybrid light that has exceptional throw without sacrificing too much on the flood aspect of the light.
    Had the Maglites for 20 years and they work fine AND they can ping someone pretty good over the head.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Had the Maglites for 20 years and they work fine AND they can ping someone pretty good over the head.
    I've used em all my life too, but the technology has taken over and I am now a bright LED convert.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

"You brute! Back off or I'll hit you with my Lite!"

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Oddly when I started my career back in 1996 (Worked a few different places but do the same work) I was like most young men in blue in that I wanted a big flashlight to ping with, I wanted a big gun with a lot of bullets just in case and I had a belt to make Batman Jealous as well. Fast forward 18 years and I am singing a different tune. I am thankful for my Glock which is far lighter then most if not all Stainless firearms on the market and I now carry one pair of restraints on my person and more in a bag I leave in the car or at the desk.

I no longer want to carry 20 magazines but instead carry the standard 3 with more in my bag just in case. I have discovered through the years that when you add a ballistic vest, 2 pairs of handcuffs, Stainless steele firearms, high cap mags, pepper spray, taser, asp baton and what ever else you can cram on you that your back starts barking at you through the years and so does little things like your knees and so forth.

As a person carries alot of equipment for his job youll notice he starts to shed weight and seeks lighter and smaller gear.
    Full Supporter of the second Amendment!

Be careful seeking advice on Forums pertaining to law. Bad advice is often given from people who do not know or understand the law. Always read the law yourself and if you do not understand seek legal advice from a qualified legal expert. Following online advice can land you in legal trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I've used em all my life too, but the technology has taken over and I am now a bright LED convert.
    Once you've blinded them with your 3-zillion lumens strobe, how are you going to deal with them? That hefty club can be used for lots of stuff besides bashing in heads. And it does not come with those "teeth" on the front of the bezel that chews your pants pockets all to heck.

Handheld landing lights are great for lighting up stuff and people and starting campfires, and their run times have increased greatly.

But sometimes you just want/need something to thwack into the palm of your hand to convince another person that altering their decision and reversing course would be a good idea, without needing to worry about someone complaining that you drew a gun on them while all they were doing was soliciting money for the disabled nuns' retirement home's party for blind orphans.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Once you've blinded them with your 3-zillion lumens strobe, how are you going to deal with them? That hefty club can be used for lots of stuff besides bashing in heads. And it does not come with those "teeth" on the front of the bezel that chews your pants pockets all to heck.

Handheld landing lights are great for lighting up stuff and people and starting campfires, and their run times have increased greatly.

But sometimes you just want/need something to thwack into the palm of your hand to convince another person that altering their decision and reversing course would be a good idea, without needing to worry about someone complaining that you drew a gun on them while all they were doing was soliciting money for the disabled nuns' retirement home's party for blind orphans.

stay safe.

μολὼν λαβέ

MagLight LED

For those of you that find the MagLight flashlights useful there are LED conversion bulbs available.

http://www.amazon.com/TerraLUX-TLE-6...light+led+bulb

http://www.amazon.com/TerraLUX-TLE-6...bxgy_hi_text_z

Quote Originally Posted by RedRuger View Post
    For those of you that find the MagLight flashlights useful there are LED conversion bulbs available.

http://www.amazon.com/TerraLUX-TLE-6...light+led+bulb

http://www.amazon.com/TerraLUX-TLE-6...bxgy_hi_text_z
    I promised myself I'd get one when the incandescent bulb in my 7-cell finally burns out.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Two halogen incandescent bulbs, there's one in the butt cap. But, yeah, then an LED.

I carry a Streamlight MicroStream. It's not a weapon light, just a small single AAA battery flashlight that works well for general purposes.

I have a fenix and a friend who owns a lighting story gave me a streamlight. It's wayyyyy brighter than the fenix but they're both more than adequate. Great EDC item especially during winter. they're so bright, you could easily stun or surprise an attacker.

I have several Olight flashlights, including two M20SX 500 lumen, one I have mounted on my M4. They are great little lights, bright and easy to carry around.

I also have the SR90 which is basically a spotlight. I can light up the corner of my property 250 yards away, no problem.

We've bought various models as gifts for family members and everyone loves them. All of the new LED lights are amazing, even brighter than the ones I have now.
    Glock 29 Gen3 10mm Auto
    Colt M4 (LE6920MP-B) 5.56mm NATO
    Mossberg 590 12 Gauge

McCurtain County, Oklahoma, USA

At work, I carry an EagleTac P20A2 in my cargo pocket next to my S&W Model 37 Airweight Chiefs Special pocket holster. I carry a SureFire G2 Nitrolon in my jacket/vest pocket off duty. I train with them when I shoot, monthly.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon